Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2010, 05:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,457 times

Advertisements

HookTheBrotherUp,
I couldn't agree more. Terrible advertising. Almost as bad as the Restasis commercial with that awful woman who says, "Prescription? What do I have?" or "You use Restasis..." and then she gives that stupid nod and silly face. Ugh, anyway, good to know it's not just me that thinks that as well!

Jason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 05:12 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,009,369 times
I hate the music in those Activia commercials.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:14 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,770,430 times
We were joking around at work a few days ago about the "14 day challenge". I'll just say it involved yogurt and someone staying in the bathroom for a long time. LOL

Old 09-16-2010, 05:24 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,796,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Maybe it is just me, but the latest commercial I see when an idiot man is talking and trying to sound like he's got food in his mouth is just stupid. Who the heck talks with their mouths full like that anyway? Disgusting. He can't swallow it, then respond? Who thought that saying "It's really good" with food in the mouth should be fired... maybe it is how they eat and talk, but not the majority.

Yeah, I khow it's trivial, and just a commercial... so what? That is why these forums exist.
Absofreakinfu**inglutely. That's not really a word......but it gets the point across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekemom View Post
I mentioned that same thing to my husband. What a goofy commercial.
Anyway Activia seemed the same as any yogurt, I tried it sometime last year NBD......
My wife spoke up before me too. We figured it was just yogurt. Yogurts with 'active cultures' do the same thing. 'Active cultures' - Activia - HELLOooo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
I love the commercial, looks like he's trying not to puke.
LMFAO. Still................................

Most commercials are stoooooopid. I just adore the MUTE button.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:28 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,785,713 times
I so agree with you on this commercial. I absolutely hate it. I like Activia okay, but I don't want to buy it just on principle . That dorky guys does look just like he's about to puke and it makes me want to!

Old 09-26-2010, 10:43 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,858,718 times
Sorry for dredging up an older thread, but I keep seeing this commercial and I hate it!

Ugh.

Old 09-26-2010, 01:42 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,305,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Sorry for dredging up an older thread, but I keep seeing this commercial and I hate it!

Ugh.
Yeah, yuck. I have a hate on for JG Wentworth 877-Cash Cow ... er, Cash Now.

Old 09-26-2010, 04:40 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,252,518 times
Whats with all the Ukeleles in ads today?

I don't like ukes.

Old 09-26-2010, 04:53 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,186,334 times
I'd have to say the ExtenZe commercials are particularly nauseating (albeit incredibly laughable with the "blowup doll" actresses they use to hawk product).

I'd also have to include "green" commercials that are on the five-year old level complete with pop up cartoon flowers and prancing animals.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:10 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,813,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I can think of three, right off the bat:

(1) The Free Credit Report one...That music drives me nuts...and the "kids" telling us about credit issues is implausible.

(2)Those Geico ads...I love Geckos...we have them on our property...but really...enough already...Plus they just annoy me and those cavemen do too. And now stacks of money...watching us with BIG eyeballs.

(3) Ally Bank a subsidiary of a car company that the taxpayers bailed out. You know; where the kid wants a pony. One gets the shaft(consumers) and the other gets a real live pony. LOL.

These are a few that bother me; COME ON...Get it off your chest...What commercials do you hate!.. But watch anyway...LOL.
Ditto number 2. I like the Ally Bank ads although I despise banks but the thing with the new kid gets the ice cream is pretty funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV