Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2010, 09:21 AM

2,075 posts, read 5,124,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post
Activia, made with holycrapit reallymademepoopis. I always thought the commercials would make a great Saturday Night Live skit.
Hulu - Saturday Night Live: Activia Yogurt
Hulu - Saturday Night Live: Activia Commercial
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2010, 11:46 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,531,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Technically they don't increase the volume...... The commercials can only be as loud as the loudest segment of the program showing:

9/30/10 - WASHINGTON – Legislation to turn down the volume on those loud TV commercials that send couch potatoes diving for their remote controls looks like it'll soon become law.

The Senate unanimously passed a bill late Wednesday to require television stations and cable companies to keep commercials at the same volume as the programs they interrupt.

The House has passed similar legislation. Before it can become law, minor differences between the two versions have to be worked out when Congress returns to Washington after the Nov. 2 election.

So in other words we are screwed yet again.....
ROFL...exactly.....it's just semantics/rhetoric...the commercials are louder than the program in general; however not in every case.

This STARBURST commercial is one of the worst and most annoying commercials I have ever seen. I don't know many that are worse; the annoying guy dressed as a prissy kid, grates on my last nerve>>>>>

YouTube - Starburst Berries & Cream Commercial

Old 10-02-2010, 03:39 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,886,698 times
Activia actually got in trouble for inferring that their yogurt was special as far as regulating your digestive system, and had to give all affected parties some free stuff, from what I remember.

Old 10-02-2010, 07:38 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,781,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Maybe it is just me, but the latest commercial I see when an idiot man is talking and trying to sound like he's got food in his mouth is just stupid. Who the heck talks with their mouths full like that anyway? Disgusting. He can't swallow it, then respond? Who thought that saying "It's really good" with food in the mouth should be fired... maybe it is how they eat and talk, but not the majority.

Yeah, I khow it's trivial, and just a commercial... so what? That is why these forums exist.
I agree with you, he looks like a jackass and annoying on top of it, glad i'm not the only one who thought that.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:31 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,536,965 times
And the "testimonials" where the women talk about how they can 'feeeel' the difference, and with their hands they motion downward over their stomach like it flushes then right out. It is so overdone it's ridiculous, plus Jamie Lee Curtis is SO annoying. Oh so perky .

Old 10-04-2010, 06:46 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,116,885 times
thanks for sharing! I think the last time I actually watched the show the funniest skit was I'm Gumby Dammit... so i had no idea they really had done this! I think they should have used the real Jamie Lee Curtis, though

Old 10-04-2010, 06:53 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,942,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
I agree with you, he looks like a jackass and annoying on top of it, glad i'm not the only one who thought that.
He creeps me out too. We are SO not alone out there - I have met a lot of people who feel the same way.

What is UP with that?!

Old 10-04-2010, 08:07 AM

2,075 posts, read 5,124,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post
thanks for sharing! I think the last time I actually watched the show the funniest skit was I'm Gumby Dammit... so i had no idea they really had done this! I think they should have used the real Jamie Lee Curtis, though
You're welcome.
I agree, they would have been hilarious if Jamie Lee Curtis did them - but she was probably too busy in the bathroom...

Old 10-04-2010, 06:23 PM

1,995 posts, read 3,377,903 times
I hate the commercial also. I remember a teacher in a marketing class years ago telling us that even though everyone surveyed hated a certain commercial "ring around the collar" that was on all the time, it made them remember the product and so sales went up. Maybe they are using the same strategy?

Old 10-05-2010, 05:11 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,832,688 times
It's just a ridiculous, moronic commercial, but I like several other posters on here hate it with a passion!!! So much so I mute it, turn the channel, or whatever. I won't buy their product either. So there!!! That's my rant for the day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV