Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 11:19 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,395,381 times

Advertisements

Just to keep this thread updated I'd mostly like to share my non-favorites even though I really enjoy listening to Al Michaels, Kenny Albert, and Bob Uecker the most.

But here are my least favorite announcers.
1. Tony Kornheiser - while I do like him PTI but he was awful on MNF. He didn't seem to know anything about football.
2. Troy Aikman - guy is an idiot. He gets on my nerves all the time. He doesn't like the Packers, Cowboys, or even the Giants, despite playing for the Cowboys himself.
3. Joe Buck - boring and annoying though I used to like him at one point. He's gotten really annoying.
4. Pam Ward - can't stand her doing play-by-play on men's sports.
5. Ron Jaworski - he's got one of the most annoying voices on ESPN.
6. Joe Theismann - don't care for this guy.
7. John Sterling - his catchphrases "It is high...it is far...it is GONE!" and "Ballgame over, Yankees win, THEEEEEEE Yankees win!" is annoying as heck.
8. Chip Caray - Annoying
9. Phil Simms - annoying and biased. He doesn't seem to like the Cowboys or the Packers.
10. John Lynch - this guy is so biased on certain teams, especially the Buccaneers.
11. Shannon Sharpe - I liked him at one point but he's really gotten annoying, especially with.
12. Jack Edwards - guy is really annoying.

Last edited by Jonathan Ashbeck; 10-02-2016 at 11:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2016, 11:33 AM

2,837 posts, read 2,696,813 times
The worst announcer in Television history is Darell Waltrip.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:25 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,499,450 times
In 2014 Beth Mowins and Joey Galloway teamed up for a game between Boise State and Wyoming and all they talked about was the BCS system changing. A guy got a pick six and they droned on with their opinions until the guy had scored, and then they at least acted like they were excited, right? Nope! It was an offhand oh, pick six, then they continued with their BCS analysis. They should have been fired on the spot, IMHO. Lead them out of the booth right then and let the rest of the game go un-narrated.

Old 10-06-2016, 12:42 PM

655 posts, read 1,129,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
I agree on Cris Collingsworth. He just drags Al down and makes Sunday Night Football unwatchable at times.

He is hands down one of the worst out there! He has team bias, specifically to the Packers. I swear to God he would marry Aaron Rodgers or Clay Matthews if he could. Beyond that, he the "Master of the Obvious" with his comments. He adds absolutely nothing to the game. At least he finally stopped wearing those stupid mock turtleneck shirts!

Too bad because I like Al Michaels. I have to mute it and turn on the radio broadcast whenever the Bears play on Sunday night.

Joe Buck is right up there too with the worst. Annoying to listen to him.

Old 10-06-2016, 02:39 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,499,450 times
Speaking of Joe Buck, he almost lost his voice due to his addiction to hair implants. You can't make this stuff up!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/joe-buck-...155636946.html

Old 10-06-2016, 02:45 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,315,264 times
Howard Cosell--best

I miss that guy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV