Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 07:51 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,563,530 times

Advertisements

In watching this interview, it became obvious why John Edwards strayed. The woman is clueless and self centered.

1a) Elizabeth Edwards lacks any sort of sex appeal or allure....the fact that she admitted that she "couldn't deliver such as line..." ie. calling her husband sexy or saying he is "hot" and flirting with him was pathetic. Men need to get that sort of attention from their women.

1b) Cancer or not cancer...she also admitted that she is typically frumpy. I'm not stating that she needs to wear a hot little outfit EVERYDAY but she needed to give more attention to her appearance, especially for a nationally televised interview. What would she have done if John Edwards had won the White House? She could have had a stylist, makeup artist and hair stylist come to her home to make her presentable for this interview. For her to not do so was just plain sloppy. She looks as if she is the housekeeper and not the wife of a prominent attorney and presidential candidate.

2) She came across as the typical woman who marries a young man who is "going place" and for a comfortable life. Then once she lands the husband and pops out a few kids, she abadons her husbands "needs" and dismisses them as vulgar.

3) Elizabeth stated that "IT" (referring to a human baby, no less) would have no effect on her or her family. Well, this is just plain delusional. IF the child belongs to John Edwards, her children have a half-sister.

4) She became flustered wherever the main questions were asked by Oprah. Obviously, she was not ready to face to facts and deal with the truth. If she wasn't ready to be frank and honest, why write the book?

5) She refused to acknowledge that she had some fault in the state of her marriage. Rielle Hunter was giving her husband something that she was not. I do not condone extramarital affairs but this wasn't a one-nigt-stand. John Edwards had a connection with the "other woman" and basically took the extra steps to see the child that he created with her as well provide financial support. What more does Elizabeth Edwards need to get that we ALL know that is his child?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 09:35 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,541,853 times
Yes it all Elizabeth fault that her husband cheated on her. I just can't believe this line of thinking. Even on Jon and Kate. Kate is a ***** but if Jon cheats it is his cheating and his issue. I 'm just amazed at the number of women who have posted and think that there being hot or well dressed or whatever will keep their husbands from cheating. It won't. Or that if his friends think your hot then he will be sorry. No he won;t he cheated on you, he didn't care. What a life to have to worry about looking a certain way or your husband might leave you. Why not do what you think you need to for yourself because you like you. Women come in all shapes and sizes and I have known women that are like 300 lbs who like themself and their beauty comes through because they know who they are and people see that. If my husband cheated on me because I was fat or didn't dress the right way then you know what. Here's the door walk through it because that isn't love anyway. Nobody will stay the same and as women age being hot gets a little hard. The women who are really beautiful are the ones who are who they are and like themselves anyway. Elizabeth Edwards is who she is.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:59 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,631,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
Yes it all Elizabeth fault that her husband cheated on her. I just can't believe this line of thinking. Even on Jon and Kate. Kate is a ***** but if Jon cheats it is his cheating and his issue. I 'm just amazed at the number of women who have posted and think that there being hot or well dressed or whatever will keep their husbands from cheating. It won't. Or that if his friends think your hot then he will be sorry. No he won;t he cheated on you, he didn't care. What a life to have to worry about looking a certain way or your husband might leave you. Why not do what you think you need to for yourself because you like you. Women come in all shapes and sizes and I have known women that are like 300 lbs who like themself and their beauty comes through because they know who they are and people see that. If my husband cheated on me because I was fat or didn't dress the right way then you know what. Here's the door walk through it because that isn't love anyway. Nobody will stay the same and as women age being hot gets a little hard. The women who are really beautiful are the ones who are who they are and like themselves anyway. Elizabeth Edwards is who she is.

I agree with you, good post.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:28 AM

2,212 posts, read 5,157,947 times
Quote:
Yep. Spouses who cheat do so because they give themselves permission to do it. For whatever reason, they decide that their need for instant gratification takes precedence over whatever marriage vows or life experiences they've had with their spouse. It has nothing to do with cuteness. If that were the case, every spouse who cheated would have "traded up" and that's not the case. If you aren't in love with your partner anymore, then get a divorce. People do it all the time.

I would hate to be in a marriage that depended on my staying cute. While I don't think that women (and men for that matter) should just let themselves go, I would hate to have to always be on guard for fear of my husband looking for someone younger or cuter. That reminds me of that woman in New York who is now a poster child for the plastic surgery what not to do club. She is a mess because she tried to use plastic surgery to make her cute and keep her husband. He left anyway and she now looks like a cast member from Phantom of the Opera.

You're either married to someone who will stay faithful or you're not. There is no amount of dieting, anti-aging cream and hair color that will keep your spouse faithful if they're not inclined to be. Unfortunately for Elizabeth Edwards, John didn't show his true colors until after they'd been married for a while and they had children. He's a cheater. He was that way before they got married and he finally showed his stripes. Her story isn't any less horrible than anyone else who's been cheated on. Her cancer just makes him more of a jerk than the average cheater.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:37 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,136,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Yep. Spouses who cheat do so because they give themselves permission to do it. For whatever reason, they decide that their need for instant gratification takes precedence over whatever marriage vows or life experiences they've had with their spouse. It has nothing to do with cuteness. If that were the case, every spouse who cheated would have "traded up" and that's not the case. If you aren't in love with your partner anymore, then get a divorce. People do it all the time.

I would hate to be in a marriage that depended on my staying cute. While I don't think that women (and men for that matter) should just let themselves go, I would hate to have to always be on guard for fear of my husband looking for someone younger or cuter. That reminds me of that woman in New York who is now a poster child for the plastic surgery what not to do club. She is a mess because she tried to use plastic surgery to make her cute and keep her husband. He left anyway and she now looks like a cast member from Phantom of the Opera.

You're either married to someone who will stay faithful or you're not. There is no amount of dieting, anti-aging cream and hair color that will keep your spouse faithful if they're not inclined to be. Unfortunately for Elizabeth Edwards, John didn't show his true colors until after they'd been married for a while and they had children. He's a cheater. He was that way before they got married and he finally showed his stripes. Her story isn't any less horrible than anyone else who's been cheated on. Her cancer just makes him more of a jerk than the average cheater.

very well said!

Old 05-11-2009, 10:03 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,541,853 times
I did start this thread but I guess I had never heard women who responded as if you had to be Hot to keep a man or that it is the women fault. True marriage is a two way street. But when you cheat outside the marriage it is your choice. Its like saying women who are abused derserve it if they make their spouse or boyfriend mad. It is silly. I saw that Elizabeth Edwards was on a morning show with Matt. I saw a clip Got I wonder was she dressed okay.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:14 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,180,743 times
but in a forum everyone is going to say how they reacted to it. Their perception. When you began the thread did you expect everyone to see things how you did? To simply agree with you?
You asked-we answered. It's really as simple as that.
Quote:
I did start this thread but I guess I had never heard women who responded as if you had to be Hot to keep a man or that it is the women fault. True marriage is a two way street. But when you cheat outside the marriage it is your choice. Its like saying women who are abused derserve it if they make their spouse or boyfriend mad. It is silly. I saw that Elizabeth Edwards was on a morning show with Matt. I saw a clip Got I wonder was she dressed okay.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:44 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,469,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
In watching this interview, it became obvious why John Edwards strayed. The woman is clueless and self centered.

1a) Elizabeth Edwards lacks any sort of sex appeal or allure....the fact that she admitted that she "couldn't deliver such as line..." ie. calling her husband sexy or saying he is "hot" and flirting with him was pathetic. Men need to get that sort of attention from their women.

1b) Cancer or not cancer...she also admitted that she is typically frumpy. I'm not stating that she needs to wear a hot little outfit EVERYDAY but she needed to give more attention to her appearance, especially for a nationally televised interview. What would she have done if John Edwards had won the White House? She could have had a stylist, makeup artist and hair stylist come to her home to make her presentable for this interview. For her to not do so was just plain sloppy. She looks as if she is the housekeeper and not the wife of a prominent attorney and presidential candidate.

2) She came across as the typical woman who marries a young man who is "going place" and for a comfortable life. Then once she lands the husband and pops out a few kids, she abadons her husbands "needs" and dismisses them as vulgar.

3) Elizabeth stated that "IT" (referring to a human baby, no less) would have no effect on her or her family. Well, this is just plain delusional. IF the child belongs to John Edwards, her children have a half-sister.

4) She became flustered wherever the main questions were asked by Oprah. Obviously, she was not ready to face to facts and deal with the truth. If she wasn't ready to be frank and honest, why write the book?

5) She refused to acknowledge that she had some fault in the state of her marriage. Rielle Hunter was giving her husband something that she was not. I do not condone extramarital affairs but this wasn't a one-nigt-stand. John Edwards had a connection with the "other woman" and basically took the extra steps to see the child that he created with her as well provide financial support. What more does Elizabeth Edwards need to get that we ALL know that is his child?
Did it occur to you that she couldn't deliver such a line TO SOMEONE ELSES HUSBAND??

WOW, way to blame the victim in the tragedy.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:46 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,563,530 times
Elizabeth Edwards is not receiving sympathy from the public (and her book isn't selling) because she refuses to accept ANY responsiblit for the issues that existed in her marriage that created a situation where her husband felt the need to step outside of the marriage for something that was lacking.

If her husband was starved for sexual attention, intimacy and affection from his wife, he was going to satisfy that need elsewhere. Why is she not to blame for denying her husband of that? She was NOT making her husband a priority

This obviously started before her cancer battles - she is using her cancer as an excuse and I find that disgusting. She is trying to play the ultimate victim role and is trying to punish her husband publicly.

SHE is lucky that HE didn't leave her years ago.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:54 PM

3,964 posts, read 10,643,789 times
So it should be, "....in health, hotness and constant sex only...." ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV