Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 10:32 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,726,012 times

Advertisements

I can't stand Conan and I'm only 28 so no old fart by any means! Conan's brand of humor is just plain stupid, he looks like a moron with his little dance move and his monologue is terrible. Leno was a great car guy and I like his brand of humor, I also enjoyed that he had many great guests. I LOVED when Leno and Terry Bradshaw got together for a show, I couldn't stop laughing at some points! I wonder if Conan will be able to draw in the big-name guests the same as Leno, I think Letterman is going to take over the king of late night. I'll still be tuning into Leno's new show but unfortunately I don't think he'll be able to do some of the off-color jokes that he did when he was at a later time. We'll have to wait and see how this turns out...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 01:15 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,261,865 times
I, too, find Conan annoying. Since entertainment and annoyance are mutually exclusive, the "Tonight Show" jumped the shark in the premiere episode.
R.I.P. - NBC

Old 06-02-2009, 05:30 AM

1,231 posts, read 2,694,101 times
Conan was awful. His delivery dry. His hoping around stupid.
que the funeral march for this version of the show.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:41 AM

13,813 posts, read 28,545,988 times
They all said that, too, when Conan started his original Late show...people were calling for his demise, and Lorne Michaels practicly begged for people to give him a chance. He eventually brought in the new and younger audience...which pleased marketing and new sponsors to no end.

You see, this is COMMERCIAL TV...not cable. It doesn't matter if you don't like Conan. As long as he brings the right marketing mix to time slot...he becomes their golden goose.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:51 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,750,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
Ditto on the 'watch who you're calling an old fart' comment!

I prefer Graham Norton... he's a 10 on the "Whoop Whoop" scale!
I think that Graham Norton and Craig Ferguson are the funniest 'talk show' hosts on TV right now. Some of the stuff they come up with...

Don't quite understand the OP's complaint though - Leno will still be on every night, just earlier.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:10 AM

13,813 posts, read 28,545,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
I can't stand Conan and I'm only 28 so no old fart by any means! Conan's brand of humor is just plain stupid, he looks like a moron with his little dance move and his monologue is terrible. Leno was a great car guy and I like his brand of humor, I also enjoyed that he had many great guests. I LOVED when Leno and Terry Bradshaw got together for a show, I couldn't stop laughing at some points! I wonder if Conan will be able to draw in the big-name guests the same as Leno, I think Letterman is going to take over the king of late night. I'll still be tuning into Leno's new show but unfortunately I don't think he'll be able to do some of the off-color jokes that he did when he was at a later time. We'll have to wait and see how this turns out...
Sorry to inform...but when it comes to marketing...28 may indeed be an old fart. It all depends what market they are going for.

muscle cars & Terry Bradshaw = older market

Will Ferrell & Pearl Jam = younger market

Old 06-02-2009, 05:36 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,123,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
you think?????

I wouldn't even say the CLOWN's name if I was her, I would just say-"stay tuned for the Tonight Show"

Old 06-02-2009, 06:22 PM

1,707 posts, read 2,989,068 times
I don't care much for Conan..

Old 06-02-2009, 07:14 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,573,097 times
I remember way back when...Letterman came on really late, like at 1:30 AM or so. He was young and pretty much too far out there for some of the mainstream audience, ...read that Johnny Carson's fans.

Then as Leno and Letterman moved into mainstream they toned down their outrageous skits. THEN it was Conan doing the crazy late late show. He has some pretty funny stuff, but if your mind is already closed, oh well.

Now Leno is getting old and gray and Conan is moving into the 11 PM time slot.

I am sure a lot of folks were reacting the same way the OP is when Johnny Carson took over Jack Parr way back then. Anyone here remember Jack Parr?

Old 06-02-2009, 10:21 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,123,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I remember way back when...Letterman came on really late, like at 1:30 AM or so. He was young and pretty much too far out there for some of the mainstream audience, ...read that Johnny Carson's fans.

Then as Leno and Letterman moved into mainstream they toned down their outrageous skits. THEN it was Conan doing the crazy late late show. He has some pretty funny stuff, but if your mind is already closed, oh well.

Now Leno is getting old and gray and Conan is moving into the 11 PM time slot.

I am sure a lot of folks were reacting the same way the OP is when Johnny Carson took over Jack Parr way back then. Anyone here remember Jack Parr?

Yeah I remember posting the same thing on this message board in 1962 when Johnny took over
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV