Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2014, 01:58 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,102,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I thought Cuoco got married a few weeks ago on Ellen. No?
She got married on Ellen? Is this the "big secret" I keep seeing references too on the sidebar of every google page? I keep seeing something about Ellen lying, Ellen having a big secret, etc. and always with the ugliest photos they could find. Boy, if that secret isnt about someone getting married on her show someone out there sure wants to smear Ellen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 05:22 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,194,837 times
I found the story about her marriage on NY's eve. So I guess whatever she did on Ellen was not truly a marriage. But the article I saw made it sound as if it was.

Sorry I passed on bad info. I hope Cuoco has truly found her soul mate.

Old 01-02-2014, 05:25 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,194,837 times
New show tonight.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:41 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,609,240 times
Can't wait for next week!!!

Old 01-02-2014, 09:40 PM

11,762 posts, read 14,667,164 times
Have they been reading this board? Good call on Penny's future!

Old 01-02-2014, 10:55 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,593,179 times
Tonight's episode was probably the most serious one I can remember. Good twist, very wrenching.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:50 PM

4,065 posts, read 5,650,128 times
It had so much more depth to it than usual. Time for Penny to have more balance in her life. Right now, it isn't marriage that she needs, it's more like self-respect or respect from others. Loved the new side to Sheldon! Some really interesting character moments there! One with Amy, another at the end with Leonard. That character always keeps me amused and interested! Bernadette, sorry, seemed forced and unfunny. Raj...okay, the powers that be need to get him a GIRLFRIEND! Enough with all that...getting old!

Old 01-03-2014, 01:08 AM

11,646 posts, read 12,722,728 times
Different writing for this episode. This one had some drama thrown in. Leonard having second thoughts made it rather interesting and despite Sheldon's last prank, his character had a chance to show empathy for a change.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:28 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,469,947 times
I don't know if Leonard had second thoughts so much as he didn't want to be second prize to Penny's dreams of becoming an actress. It's like she was saying, "Okay, you're second best in my life's plans, I can't have what I really want so I'll take you." He hasn't had a very good model of a positive relationship in his parents marriage so it's understandable he would be put off by Penny's proposal. He couldn't tell if it was really made out of love or out of exasperation with her life.

Also as he pointed out, she was very drunk and depressed. She may not have really meant it. Under the right circumstances, he might have said "yes" but he was seeing a very different Penny from the one he thought he knew and it made him unsure.

The rest of the show was pretty funny. Stuart and Raj just have to find women soon. They are making me feel frustrated for them!

Old 01-03-2014, 01:41 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,102,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I don't know if Leonard had second thoughts so much as he didn't want to be second prize to Penny's dreams of becoming an actress. It's like she was saying, "Okay, you're second best in my life's plans, I can't have what I really want so I'll take you."
Exactly. If they want to be a believable couple, there comes a point when she has to choose him, not just settle for him. A believable couple is honest with each other, and loves each other even warts and all. Which means they first have to see that warts do exist. When Penny asked for honesty, and Leonard gave it to her--very politely, I thought--my opinion of him rose quite a bit.

And when he refused to accept a proposal made because she was drunk, my opinion rose even higher. Might have been a good point to remind her that he wants to marry her and would love to hear a sober proposal--thank you writers for not making him so needy that he'll take any desperate proposal he can get. He said earlier in the season that he would wait for her to propose, but part of that deal was that he wanted to be swept off his feet.

So I'm gonna feel cheated if they don't have Penny do something amazing to sweep him off his feet. And it needs to involve science. Or something hi tech/nerdy. Or Star Wars actors? Or all three!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV