Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2016, 01:58 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,605,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
They will most likely handle it like they are handling Rog's breakup with Emily. They will talk about it in the past tense even though it never actually happened on the show.

Notice how in the last episode the guys were saying that Rog has been saying he has wanted to break up with Emily for a long time, even though he has never actually said that on the show. Effectively rewriting the history of the show to allow Rog to breakup with Emily without looking callous
I am glad Raj broke up with Emily. She never was a good fit for him, imo. The vet would have been a better mate.

Last edited by fitzy24; 02-26-2016 at 02:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 03:20 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,331,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I am glad Raj broke up with Emily. She never was a good fit for him, imo. The vet would have been a better mate.
Well if we are going to consider Raj to be a real life person instead of foil for a sit-com…. there are no living breathing adult females that are a good fit for Raj, he should stick with Cinnamon. If he were a real person my advise to him would be to be grateful to any woman that gave him the time of day and as a show of eternal gratitude he should bend down and worship them like they are Parvati on earth. Just saying.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:30 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,266,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Well if we are going to consider Raj to be a real life person instead of foil for a sit-com…. there are no living breathing adult females that are a good fit for Raj, he should stick with Cinnamon. If he were a real person my advise to him would be to be grateful to any woman that gave him the time of day and as a show of eternal gratitude he should bend down and worship them like they are Parvati on earth. Just saying.
Isn't that why Howard married Bernadette? Because he realized he'd never find another woman who would put up with him?

Raj has come a long way since the time he was unable to talk in front of women. That joke got old, and then he was able to talk after having alcohol. Then that joke got old and suddenly his anxiety problem disappeared. I'm sure Kunal Nayyar was happy when he could actually have lines to say in more than just a few scenes.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:33 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,731,642 times
Quote:
Hey everybody deserves a payday from now and then.
Im sure she is doing fine living on her "The Talk" paycheck.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:34 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,731,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I thought it was well below par...but had unrealized potential.
I have to say I agree. It was a perfectly fine episode but for a milestone 200th (which shows rarely get) episode it was kind of a disappointment

Old 02-26-2016, 09:02 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,464,536 times
Quote:
Hey everybody deserves a payday from now and then.
Not that she really needs it being worth millions. Sara Gilbert Net Worth - Richest Celebrities 2016

I decided to watch TBBT because it was the 200th episode. It was okay but I think it could have been a bigger bang for such a momentous occasion.

Old 02-27-2016, 09:57 AM

11,642 posts, read 12,717,447 times
Usually when they have celebrities with some sort of legendary status (Bob Newhart, Leonard Nimoy's voice, Hawkins, etc.) the writing is excellent. Even though the writing has gone downhill the last couple of seasons, when Bob Newhart was on, they upped the game. This time, they just totally blew it. The lines that they gave to Adam West were not all that funny. They really blew this opportunity. He did make one joke about Julie Newmar and I wonder how many people who watch this show even know who she is. They could have made a joke about all of the Catwomen, Eartha Kitt, and Lee Meridith being in the movie version based on the 1960s series only. I wonder how many of the TBBT regular cast had any clue about the 1960s Batman series before they prepared for this episode.

Old 02-27-2016, 10:20 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,184,054 times
I saw this epi last night, and I agree that it was not on a par with their best. It was only mildly amusing. But it brought old and recurring characters back, and it was interesting to see them doing what they do with the other characters. So we had Kripke hitting on Beverly, Beverly enjoying it, Leslie calling Sheldon a dunbxxx and getting a dig in at Leonard, and Adam West playing a characature of himself. (Why oh why was he even there?). We also saw Stuart being "invisible".

Oh, and we had Stephen Hawking singing happy birthday to Sheldon. And I was about to forget Will Wheaton.

I think there were better zingers at the Republican debate!

Does anyone know why the shows are not as witty and cleverly plotted as they used to be?

Old 02-27-2016, 11:17 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,331,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Im sure she is doing fine living on her "The Talk" paycheck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Not that she really needs it being worth millions. Sara Gilbert Net Worth - Richest Celebrities 2016

I decided to watch TBBT because it was the 200th episode. It was okay but I think it could have been a bigger bang for such a momentous occasion.
Using that logic Lebron James should just be happy with his paycheck from the Cavs. Saying that someone deserves a paycheck wasn't a reference to charitable donations.

Old 02-27-2016, 11:18 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,141,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post

Does anyone know why the shows are not as witty and cleverly plotted as they used to be?
Creative exhaustion. It happens to all long running sit coms. They use up all of their really great ideas, then use up their pretty good ideas, and eventually arrive at "Ok, how can we fill up the time this week?" That is when characters start having babies.

This was the show's 200th episode, it isn't likely to ever to duplicate the quality of the early years, hopefully there won't be too many true clunker episodes like this most recent one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV