Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 09:49 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,636,605 times

Advertisements

My heart broke for caitlyn and tyler. How did those two teens end with more compassion, common decency and a sense of responsibility then any of their parents?! I felt so badly for both of them .... I hope that somehow, someway they are rescued from the redneck hell they find themselves in.

Amber...wow, that girl has problems. I understand her frustrations, but to slap that sad sack she hooked up with? I worry that she will turn into caitlyns mom...

Maci - why on Earth were her ex-fiancees parents placing the blame on the breakup on her? Why were they trying to guilt her into taking back their son as if Maci were the one to blame for the breakup? Boggles the mind, but she is right to have left him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 10:01 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,162,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
My heart broke for caitlyn and tyler. How did those two teens end with more compassion, common decency and a sense of responsibility then any of their parents?! I felt so badly for both of them .... I hope that somehow, someway they are rescued from the redneck hell they find themselves in.

Amber...wow, that girl has problems. I understand her frustrations, but to slap that sad sack she hooked up with? I worry that she will turn into caitlyns mom...

Maci - why on Earth were her ex-fiancees parents placing the blame on the breakup on her? Why were they trying to guilt her into taking back their son as if Maci were the one to blame for the breakup? Boggles the mind, but she is right to have left him.
Caitlyn and Tyler probably gave the child up-more to keep her away from her mom and his dad than any other reason.

Amber is a mess and I'm not entirely sure it's all due to her having had a baby as a teen. I'm afraid she's going to hurt that baby.

Maci needs to learn to stand up for herself. She's too meek. His parents not thinking their son is the problem is probably why he is as he is.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:30 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,679,059 times
I happened to catch a few minutes of this show the other day, and I will give MTV a little bit of props for exposing its target audience to the hardships of making unwise decisions at such an early age. I won't watch this show regularly, but I'd love to know if the girl who left her fiancee took him back or if she is stayed with her parents. I had to give her two snaps for walking away from his sorry behind. He truly needs to grow up!

Old 12-22-2009, 11:50 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,162,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
I happened to catch a few minutes of this show the other day, and I will give MTV a little bit of props for exposing its target audience to the hardships of making unwise decisions at such an early age. I won't watch this show regularly, but I'd love to know if the girl who left her fiancee took him back or if she is stayed with her parents. I had to give her two snaps for walking away from his sorry behind. He truly needs to grow up!
I agree with ya IBFT....MTV got it right with this one.

Maci is the one who left Mr thinks he's all that and more...............
I'll keep ya updated. For now she's still with her parents.

Old 12-24-2009, 03:59 AM

693 posts, read 1,502,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodbyeCalifornia View Post
I also watched "16 & Pregnant" when it originally aired and I was curious as to what happened afterward, so from that point of view I'm glad that MTV followed up. As to the "cast", if you will, I have some thoughts:

Farrah - I must admit that in some ways I feel sorry for her. I find her mother and sister to be two of the most shrill, nasty, demeaning women I have ever seen. They act as if the girl does nothing, yet she is working, going to culinary school, and raising her child. I get the impression that the mom and sister feel that since Farrah made a "mistake" she should suffer the consequences; meaning no free time for anything. It's as if they see the kid as being some sort of punishment. I suspect, but I could be wrong, that her pursuit of a boyfriend is twofold; find a boy that would make a possible daddy for her baby, and someone that will give her the type of positive reinforcement she wants but doesn't get from her family.
Great post totally agree with what you said about all of them. Glad to finally see someone else that doesn't like Farrah's mother or her sister. They're so rude and hateful to her. She does need a little time to herself every once in a while. It is more about quality versus quantity. Sure she can spend a lot of time with her daughter but if it is not quality time with her doesn't really mean much. I've been to the mtv forums everybody always seems to hate on Farrah like it is her fault and she should be spending more with the baby. Yeah she's a little bit too boy crazy at the moment trying to find someone. At least she is working and going to school right now so that's good.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:10 AM

693 posts, read 1,502,091 times
Amber needs to stop cussing all the time in front of her baby. When Leah is old enough to talk she's gonna start repeating those words. She shouldn't of hit Gary totally unnecessary even if he is a douche bag at times. She needs to work on her anger problems.

Old 12-24-2009, 05:33 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,679,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I agree with ya IBFT....MTV got it right with this one.

Maci is the one who left Mr thinks he's all that and more...............
I'll keep ya updated. For now she's still with her parents.
Thanks, Dreams. I caught a little of the show today too and I am glad she's making some bold decisions. I was almost sad for her when her friends left off for college and they cried. I'm glad she realizes that just because her life has significantly changed doesn't mean she or any young mother has to stop pursuing her dreams...and that goes for fathers, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmusicgal View Post
Great post totally agree with what you said about all of them. Glad to finally see someone else that doesn't like Farrah's mother or her sister. They're so rude and hateful to her. She does need a little time to herself every once in a while. It is more about quality versus quantity. Sure she can spend a lot of time with her daughter but if it is not quality time with her doesn't really mean much. I've been to the mtv forums everybody always seems to hate on Farrah like it is her fault and she should be spending more with the baby. Yeah she's a little bit too boy crazy at the moment trying to find someone. At least she is working and going to school right now so that's good.
I don't know much about Farrah....boy crazy definitely does summarize her. I felt bad for her when she went to her sister's house and her sister talked schmack to her. Parenthood doesn't put an end to one's life....even if that person happens to be a teen. If we stopped living at that point, a lot of people would go crazy once they became parents!

Old 12-28-2009, 08:12 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,372,909 times
Personally I can’t stand Farrah; yes I think she does need some time to herself and to be able to go out with her friends but this whole “I need to find a father for my child” mission she’s on just screams low self-esteem to me. It’s possible she’s that way because of her home environment but to me it seems like she just hasn’t got a clue in the world and she doesn’t seem to be trying to get one either.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:21 AM

1,961 posts, read 4,384,027 times
I missed part of the latest episode. I wish MTV would have addressed the violence that Amber is directing towards her husband - and her daughter is witnessing. I am shocked that it was not addressed after the episode? Or perhaps it will be later. I think any type of domestic violence is unacceptable.

I personally think Farrah does need to grow up quite a bit. All her guy issues seem so dramatic. I guess I don't understand the need to "confront" these guys who are really not worth the time and effort. The guys don't seem to give a S$!t one way or the other. And she acts like her confrontations make a difference to these guys.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:39 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,372,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
I missed part of the latest episode. I wish MTV would have addressed the violence that Amber is directing towards her husband - and her daughter is witnessing. I am shocked that it was not addressed after the episode? Or perhaps it will be later. I think any type of domestic violence is unacceptable.
I feel the same way...after the whole Chris Brown I thought we were taking a stand against domestic violence...oh that's right; it's only an issue when a man hits a woman I watch mostly online (when I'm @ work ) and on one site there were all kinds of comments like "but he was being a jerk" and "she was really upset and emotional" or "she felt bad right after she did it"...I won't even type what I was thinking as I read that because it'd probably get me kicked off the site

Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
I personally think Farrah does need to grow up quite a bit. All her guy issues seem so dramatic. I guess I don't understand the need to "confront" these guys who are really not worth the time and effort. The guys don't seem to give a S$!t one way or the other. And she acts like her confrontations make a difference to these guys.
Agree 100%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV