Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2009, 11:23 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,289,143 times

Advertisements

I missed the episode where Maci takes Ryan back. I can imagine it must be tough for her not to take him back. He was her first love, first everything and the father of her child. Hell, it was tough for me at 20-something to not take back my ex time and time again I can only imagine how it is for a 17-18year old. She seems like the better mom of all the girls, very intelligent, and so strong - wise beyond her years. Hopefully Ryan can turn things around and they can be a family, though the odds are against them. But if not I think Maci will be okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 11:43 AM

542 posts, read 1,099,149 times
I know that it was hard for her not to go back w/Ryan, especially at 17/18 just from personal experience. I was just hoping that she wouldn't make the same mistake so many of us make early on in life, only to look back and see how much time we wasted on exes b/c "we loved them".

I wasted so many years w/my h.s. sweetheart, that it took me years (not until my late 20's) before i knew that i deserved better AND that there were people out there who would be good to me.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:13 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,370,760 times
i went through the same so I know how hard it is for her; just since I've been there/ done that I wanna so badly reach into the TV and say "No Maci! Don't do it!" I wonder if its the camera or if he really just has nothing to say...that vacant look would annoy the hell out of me.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:39 PM

542 posts, read 1,099,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
i went through the same so I know how hard it is for her; just since I've been there/ done that I wanna so badly reach into the TV and say "No Maci! Don't do it!" I wonder if its the camera or if he really just has nothing to say...that vacant look would annoy the hell out of me.
it's funny you say that b/c i was actually yelling at the tv when she took him back!

& that vacant stare...ugh. it screams of "duhhh!!!".

Old 12-31-2009, 03:30 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,635,558 times
Watched the latest episode yesterday:

Maci -- I wondered how much her boyfriend wanted to get back with her versus how much the boyfriends parents were making him get back with her. I think she will get her heart broken by this guy again, but I also think she will be the most successful of the 'teen moms'.

Caitlyn -- my heart breaks for her. I wonder how old her mother was when she had Caitlyn? I get the impression she was a teen mom herself and that is why she isn't 'motherly'... it sounds like she has a loooong history of putting men before her daughter. Nonetheless I don't think it will be long before she gets kicked out of Tylers mothers house. As I watch her story unfold I wish I would win the lottery so that I can give her enough money to become emancipated, house and educate her. She has so much potential but watching her struggle to improve her lot in life is just so very sad.

Amber --- the ***** is a psycho. Why did she not put that cute baby up for adoption? When I watch the (manufactured) drama I can easily see her and Leah being in the same position as Caitlyn and her mother 16 years from now. I mean - who has and keeps a baby with absolutely no support system? No money, no place to live, no education, no job? And perhaps worst of all - no maturity. Poor, poor Amber will be living Caitlyns life.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:54 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,485,895 times
Farrah's mother reads her the riot act and then says, "ok, I'll watch the baby...go out and get your party on". Not in so many words, but knock off the tough love speech if you aren't going to follow through with anything. All bark and no bite - Farrah figured that out a loooong time ago. I kinda think that the reason her parents and her sister are giving her such a hard time is b/c Farrah IS dumping her baby off with whomever will watch the baby and doing so whenever she can. She doesn't react the way she does when confronted with it b/c she's NOT baby-dumping, she reacts the way she does b/c she KNOWS she is.

Who is paying for Farrah's culinary schooling? Her waiting tables job? Who is sooooo stupid to store her birth control in the family fridge let alone not remember it was in the fridge while her dad was going through it? She would have been better off going on the pill or getting the shot. Or maybe using a condom. She's got a 6-9 month old and she's already looking for a little somethin'-somethin'? What doesn't she remember? She needs a boy to validate her? The chick has learned NADA. Good thing the "football player" had more sense than she did. And if my college aged son EVER brought home, let alone dated, a teen-aged girl with a child I'd have to question his common sense and what I did wrong when it came to raising him.

Maci. I don't know what to say about her other than even though she seems to be the most level headed, she's pretty passive-aggressive. Moving home and "doing it" on her own made her want loser Ryan back? She made a HUGE bad move by getting back together with her baby-daddy. He's not ready to grow up. He hasn't accepted his responsibility as a father in the short few weeks since she left him b/c he doesn't know how to and nobody has made him. She didn't make him accountable for his actions. She let him walk out the door (wonder what she's thinking after seeing on TV what he actually DID after he walked out the door). Calling him, time and time again, with the baby still awake at 3am? Put the baby to bed, honey! Ryan's parents aren't useful in any way other than putting a guilt trip on her. Especially his father. When Bentley is 2, and a lot more work than he already is, good luck to Maci raising two kids.

Catelyn and Tyler. As mature as they are, they are still showing their true age. Even though they did the best thing they ever could have for their baby, the tattoos were a little over the top. They are LUCKY they have an open adoption and get pictures/updates. I don't doubt that having the low-life mom and dad (mullet man and 10 head woman) harping on their "decision" is helping them get to the place the need to be. And that is comfortable with their decision to the point they don't NEED to NEED the specifics - like her new last name. There IS a reason they do not have it. I just hope they make it.

The two-ton crew? I have no words. I'm still trying to figure out how they conceived.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:39 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,012,042 times
Macis' boyfreind is totally clueless. Just look at his blank facial expressions. He lost his job, moved back home and probably catching hell from his parents. I wonder if Maci will move in with them or stay at home. She should move in with them and let them see how their son is behaving toward her and Bently.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:31 AM

3 posts, read 7,122 times
Good, thanks for sharing...
---------------------------
[url=http://www.buyseriesdvd.com/james-bond-ultimate-collection-dvd-box-set-p-6.html]James Bond dvd[/url]

Old 01-06-2010, 10:17 PM

693 posts, read 1,501,931 times
OK WOW last night Farrah was a total betch to her parents. Dang she could of been a little nicer to them since they're helping out with her baby. I hope she realizes she doesn't need to be so boy crazy. She shouldn't be going out every single night.

I really hope Ryan changes for the better. I like Maci and Ryan as a couple their so cute together. He just doesn't care about Marci or their baby together so sad.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:59 PM

470 posts, read 1,841,235 times
ugh, farrah got on my last nerves this past epi. i did feel bad for her at first, but that feeling is def gone. i'm glad ol' boy, alexander, confronted her on being a "mom" and as weak as it was, made up an excuse on why he couldn't see her the next evening. her "friends" are not doing her any favors. neither are her parents who continue to argue w/ her yet enable her to go out. REALLY?!?

amber, amber, amber. you really shouldn't have had a baby. you are truly a baby yourself.

maci & ryan. oy, ryan. i just want to choke him.

caitlyn & tyler. i'm REALLY glad she went on that retreat. man, i'm REALLY happy. maybe there should be one for tyler...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV