Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2010, 07:32 PM

894 posts, read 1,129,399 times

Advertisements

I think two of the bottom 3 will be Mike & Shoban. Going home: Shoban.

She killed that song. OMG I couldn't wait for her to quit singing.

Aaron Kelly did an awesome job tonight. I think Crystal was good, but she didn't live up to what we've heard her do before. Lee and Casey were good too.

Wasn't it nice to watch a TUrbin-free show tonight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 11:47 PM

446 posts, read 832,732 times
I actually voted this week....I have At&t so I can text for free, otherwise I prolley wouldn't bother. I voted for Casey, Lee and Crystal. I did like Mike, but I'm not really much of an R&B person, Aaron is just young, no fault there at all, he's just not ready. I thought he was really strong tonight. Siobhan...just don't know what to say. When she sang the last 4 or 5 words of the song, NOT the scream, but the words they used on the end of show summary, she was FANTASTIC...the rest of the time I just thought, "eh"...

Crystal wasn't her best but I really think the song wasn't as good as some of the others. Lee wasn't his best, but Lord help ma please...him and Casey give me tha Vapas (vapors) ---doing my best Scarlet O'hara! LOL Casey was just fantastic....finally. I've always liked him, but this song and Jealous Guy proved he CAN do it....he just needs to do IT more often.

Final 3---Lee, Crystal, Casey

Just my guess...

ps...yeah!! Turbin free!! VERY nice indeed!! LOL

Gotta say though, he's a nice kid...seen him on several shows over the last week and he seems like a decent guy.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:59 AM

3,110 posts, read 5,399,858 times
I only got to watch part of it - was this a country night or a Shania's songs night? I'm a country music fan, and I like many of Shania's songs. But quite frankly, none of this sounded like country that i know. And Simon, Kara, and Randy don't like country. So they set them up tonight to fail (typical Reality Show nonsense?). If the judges don't like country, and the song choices aren't all that great, it's got to be hard to have a good show. From a country music standpoint, though, I liked Crystal's quieter song. I think she has talent and soul. If she's in the bottom three, there's no reason to keep watching the show. Lee is the only one that holds a candle to her.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:16 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,344,921 times
Is it me or was Lee's song was really short compared to the others? It seemed to have ended as soon as it had begun...
I must say I didn't like Lee's performance that much last night, too pitchy.
The others did OK, but it was not their best shot. The one whom I think did best was Mike!
It's hard to tell who will go. I hope it will be Aaron, he's not ready, and quite boring.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:24 AM

235 posts, read 511,757 times
I was not looking forward to last night since I'm really not a country music fan, but I thought with the exception of Siobhan and Crystal, everyone did really well!

I agree that Lee's song seemed really short. Like 90 seconds and then he was done. Weird. I thought Casey did awesome. Best performance by him all season. I also thought Aarron did well....I wondered if he was singing about his mother. He was so emotional. I thought Big Mike did okay, too.

I'd like to see Siobhan, Crystal, and Mike in the bottom 3 with Siobhan going home. I can't believe the judges thought she did well....I thought her song was terrible and she sounded terrible (other than the big notes at the end).

Old 04-28-2010, 07:44 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,216,123 times
Some people are blinded by volume (read: Beetles, Stones and Elvis), but my wife and I agreed that Shania's music gave these guys a lot more to work with. Very contemporary and hip.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:57 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,546,527 times
Final two, cross my fingers
Crystal & Lee......

Like Crystal said last night bigger is not always better, and it's country night....what do you expect.

Final three---- Crystal, Casey and Lee.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:35 PM

730 posts, read 2,058,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
Final two, cross my fingers
Crystal & Lee......

Like Crystal said last night bigger is not always better, and it's country night....what do you expect.

Final three---- Crystal, Casey and Lee.
I can't agree with you or with Crystal more, bigger isn't always better (you heard that Siobhan?). I also agree with many that Siobhan should be heading home tonight.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:07 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,460,792 times
I don't know why I should still be surprised after all this time, but I totally didn't get the judges' panning of Crystal and praising of Siobhan. I thought Crystal was awesome and Siobhan was all over the place, as per usual, and totally sucked.

Mike's good, but I'd rather not have to spend another week listening to him sing a ballady song. I hope this time he goes home for real, in spite of having sung well.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:37 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,386,653 times
I liked Crystal's performance we got to see a different side. She's got incredable tallent and is the only one I'd buy a CD of.

Lee was OK

Casey finally SANG something, not a fan of his tremelo voice tho

I wish Aaron had waited a year or two, he is improving but in another year or two he might have won.

Siobhan could have gone home a long time ago as far as I'm concerned...not my cup of tea and I find her anoying.

Mike -ehh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV