Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2010, 07:17 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,544,709 times

Advertisements

Wow, I didn't realize that Cameron Diaz was that tall. Ok, here we go with the results............

Spoiler
Please use spoiler tags! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 07:25 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,996,986 times
I tried to vote for Crystal many times last night, but the message kept telling me I was "on hold" for 04 Crystal.

Does "on hold" mean that I voted?

Never tried to vote on AI before.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:35 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,996,986 times
Just saw a poll of over 4000 people which has Michael leaving tonight ... wonder how accurate it will be?

American Idol Voting Information and Voting Numbers | American Idol 2010 Review

Old 04-28-2010, 08:28 PM

894 posts, read 1,128,626 times
I posted in this thread last night that two of the bottom 3 would be Mike & Shoban, and going home would be; Shoban.

I was right (first time for everything I guess ... LOL!)

Between Mike & Shoban, Mike did a much better job. At least he didn't sing flat, slow, and off-key and then scream the ending.

Next week it'll be Frank Sinatra songs. Should be interesting and I can't wait to hear what Crystal's going to sing.

I'd buy a CD by Crystal, Lee, Casey, and Aaron. I actually love Aaron's voice.

To the poster that asked 'was Aaron singing the song for his Mother' ... yeah, he was. He even said that when Kara was giving her observations of his performance.

He's emotional when it comes to his "Mom" because she adopted him. She's really his Aunt. Real parents were getting a divorce and didn't want him (he was 5 years old). They were going to put him up for adoption because neither parent wanted to take him with them following the divorce.

Really, how do you stay married that long and have a 5 yr old kid, and say "let's get divorced and put our kid up for adoption" ... sheesh. It's no wonder he's an emotional kid. That has to be very hard to get over.

But at least his Aunt loved him enough to take him, adopt him, and raise him as her own. She's the kind of 'Mom' he should have had from the beginning.

It's hard telling what he lived though for the first 5 yrs of his life with his real parents. Might be why he relates to country music so much, because it's songs about what's really happened in your life -- songs that make people feel the human side via their emotions.

I love country music.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:04 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,891,443 times
Thank God Siobhan went home! I couldn't stand that girl. She was weird in a not good way, her voice was completely unpredictable in a not good way, and I was sick to death of her whiney adolescent arguing with the judges as well as her learning disabled style slooooooow speech. When she compared herself to Adam Lambert, (um, sorry honey, NOT!) that was the last straw with me. Good riddance!

I'm not understanding why Lee is considered sacrosanct. ? Michael is boring and Aaron makes me nervous. Either one of them could go home. Casey is the one I'm most interested in now, though Crystal clearly has the best voice of the lot and we didn't need an entire season to figure that out.

I miss Adam.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:24 AM

894 posts, read 1,128,626 times
I really like Lee's voice. Not sure what you meant?

Wouldn't you love to hear Lee & Crystal sing a duet together? They both have that "rocker" quality sound to their voices. Lee reminds me a lot of Springsteen/Mellencamp.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:12 AM

8,988 posts, read 20,413,273 times
My wife said the same thing, until I pointed out to her the long-spike high heeled shoes she was wearing. But, she is still somewhat tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
Wow, I didn't realize that Cameron Diaz was that tall. Ok, here we go with the results............

Spoiler
Please use spoiler tags! Thanks

Old 04-29-2010, 06:14 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,567,846 times
Cameron Diaz is 5'10

Old 04-29-2010, 06:20 AM

8,988 posts, read 20,413,273 times
Simon made if perfectly clear that he didn't like Siobhan yelling type voice in her singing. Think she done a great job on her ending song of Aretha Franklin! Crystal has a great voice, but still have some doubt about her looks. Now, Casey, as I stated before, I put him as a "front man" in a rock band easily.......and I'm a former musician. Mike is fine, but his weight may turn some people off. Just don't see the "looks" of Crystal and Mike on stage doing a concert. Something would have to change in them........their looks! Crystal seems to be sort of shy, but Mike.......no!

Old 04-29-2010, 06:33 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,829,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I don't know why I should still be surprised after all this time, but I totally didn't get the judges' panning of Crystal and praising of Siobhan. I thought Crystal was awesome and Siobhan was all over the place, as per usual, and totally sucked.
Maybe they panned Crystal because it was one of the few times she gave them anything to criticize -- and, mind you, that's only in comparison to her previous performances. She was still pretty darn good!

Siobhan, I think, really has the better voice. She was just going about the whole experience all wrong (IMO).

Crystal and Lee have been my favorites from day one and I'm sticking with them for top two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV