Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2010, 03:38 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,545,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post

Here's the weird thing about this season for me. . . besides Crystal, I can't remember any of the contestants. As I'm watching, I keep thinking, "Who else is there who hasn't sung yet? Oh yeah - Siobhan! Oh yeah - Casey!"
Jill!!! I did the same thing last night, running through my head...now who's left. I was SUPER excited to see that Crystal sang first......so the rest of the show I was in and out doing house work and laundry. Although I was there for every Mentor meet with Adam. He was honest with them, So took it some left it. Crystal rocked, Lee is the next Springsteen that raspy voice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 06:48 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,840,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
Jill!!! I did the same thing last night, running through my head...now who's left. I was SUPER excited to see that Crystal sang first......so the rest of the show I was in and out doing house work and laundry. Although I was there for every Mentor meet with Adam. He was honest with them, So took it some left it. Crystal rocked, Lee is the next Springsteen that raspy voice.
I too was having trouble remembering some of the contestants who hadn't sung yet. This has been a season filled with the most forgettable contestants in my memory -- at least as far as I'm concerned.

Loved Crystal and Lee last night. Also liked Mike's rendition of "In the Ghetto." I hate to admit it, but I even liked Tim's "sleepy" tune.

A few of them didn't take Adam's advice and should have -- Andrew Garcia being a major one. He TOTALLY screwed up. And what was up with him dragging the entire microphone around the stage? That was just stupid. He has GOT to be one of the two to go tonight. Not venturing a guess at the second person. Hoping it's not Mike, though.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:59 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,358,651 times
Andrew should go home tonite... Horrid!! Never liked him to begin with.
Teflon Tim won't go home with all the 16 year old girls that like him lol...

Siobhan didn't do so great last nite.......but do like her! Not a fan of Crystal..Lee is definitely SPringsteen material.............Casey will make a cd in the country world.........he has that twang..........

I do not care for the AI this year compared to others... With Simon leaving next year I don't think it will last !

Old 04-14-2010, 07:05 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,399,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
Me too!
I agree. I kept thinking, whoa, it's a short show, they've all sung -- and there were two left!

You know what really makes no sense? Supposedly this is a "contest for the best singer to get a recording contract", yes? OK - so you go to the AI site and they are announcing the album releases for - I don't know - EVERYBODY! So really - top ten gets you a pretty good shot at a recording contract, and maybe even top 20. So who cares who won last year or the year before? They are all making records. This voting thing is to drive iTunes sales. Period. Teflon Turban will make a record. Even if Simon hates him. Which he backed off on last night.

OK - well - the East coast is finishing up. "It's 9 o'clock somewhere!"

Old 04-14-2010, 09:08 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,297,338 times
So as not to spoil it for the west coast I will just say "are you kidding me" one I knew was leaving but the other I cannot believe. So much for this being a talent competition.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:14 PM

18,094 posts, read 27,559,801 times
Well my two favs are safe, so... let em rip!

Add: So my two favs are warning *** spoiler alert ... the two remaining girls.

Last edited by McGowdog; 04-14-2010 at 09:27 PM..

Old 04-14-2010, 09:17 PM

Andrew's final song was actually better than his last couple of songs.
Casey and Aaron making it was expected.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:58 PM

WTH? Adam's song... whatever. The lighting was so disconcerting and distracting... Guess it's a different genre.... but seems so nightclubby. He has an amazing voice, but it just didn't do anything for me. Halfway through the lighted portion i just had to turn it off.
Wow - Adam is really tall and a big guy. Standing together, he makes Ryan look like a miniature person. And Adam prolly has those high heeled boots on just to make it more dramatic.

OMG - Katy? That makes no sense. But she nailed her final song through the tears. That will be worth something to the judges. The entertainment industry has not seen the last of her. She HAS grown.

Old 04-15-2010, 05:42 AM

894 posts, read 1,129,299 times
LMAO! I called Tim "Teflon Tim" and now everyone's calling him that. Too funny! Teflon doesn't break, chip, or peel. But it does "scratch" ... Tim's armor will develop a few major scratches and it'll be time to go (probably 2 shows from now).

I wasn't surprised to see Andrew go, but Katie leaving did surprise me. She has a really good voice but she needs to learn how to stay in key. That kind of control comes with experience, and with the help of a really good voice coach.

I have a friend of over 35 yrs and she has the most amazing voice I've ever heard. We've all been telling her she should go on Idol.

She loves to sing Gospel and she had the most genuine reply to what all of us are telling her "God gave me this voice to sing his praises. If I can sing and touch the heart of another person and move them emotionally and spiritually to open them up to the Lord, I have done God's work. If I sing for profit, God will take away the precious gift he's given me. I don't sing for the world, I sing for the Lord."

Old 04-15-2010, 06:26 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,264,794 times
Andrew and Katie---exactly who I thought should have gone home. I couldn't be more pleased. I couldn't stand either of them.

Now we need to get rid of Tim and that little kid, whatever his name is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV