Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2010, 01:59 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,717,481 times

Advertisements

Im sick of mike flexing his muscles. They arent even muscles they are lard pecks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 02:06 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,179,263 times
We don't need another Reuben! Big Mike is the poor man's version!

Old 04-08-2010, 02:55 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,550,476 times
ya'know Idol use to be more of a singing competiion. I think it past that road and veered off somewhere. To know who was in the bottom three last night was totally about ratings. You can't tell me the public kept Tim out of there Not to happy with Idol.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:51 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,344,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
Personally I don't like Mike's singing. He bores me. If I am not actively watching him sing, my mind drifts completely away and I tune him out without realizing I've done so until he's being judged. lol I know there are many people out there that feel the same way I do, they just aren't as vocal as those who support him.
I like Mike's personality. But I've been surprised over the past few weeks to discover that I walk out of the room when he's singing. I'll start listening and decide it's time for a bathroom break or whatever. I haven't heard much of his singing lately because of this. The reality is that Mike can sing, but he sings too many old fashioned romantic songs. I like that he's a romantic who loves his wife but it's boring week after week. Bottom line: he's boring me. But I do like Mike. That's why I don't vocally oppose him. I'm just luke warm about his singing. He doesn't attract hate, but he's not attracting enough fans either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Im sick of mike flexing his muscles. They arent even muscles they are lard pecks.
They are muscles. He's not flexing. They are that big without flexing. However, he looks fat when he wears a jacket or long sleeves. Mike would be better off wearing short sleeves so people can see that they are truly muscles.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:48 PM

50,512 posts, read 64,443,704 times
I think Mike has a great talent and I'm glad they pulled him back from outsville. This not about whether he's fat or not. I love to listen to him.
I don't know the kid's name, but there's one kid who should go. After that, someone is going every week and each of them is super good.
Katie was really extra good, and she might actually win. Sioban is great and could win, and the dreadlocks girl (I'm bad at names) is good (but historically, America doesn't like piercings and tattoos), so we'll just need to wait and see.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:52 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,808,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEM1226 View Post
I don't think Mike was actually got the least # of votes, I think it was all a ratings stunt.
Hmm. Interesting that you should say this. It dawned on me today that every other time a contestant leaves, they get to sing a song, the judges say "no way" and then they do a little film clip of their time with Idol. However, I noticed last night Ryan Seacrest didn't leave enough time to do a film clip, so I thought that maybe the producers knew he would be saved by the judges. But maybe you're right, and the whole thing was staged. But -- from the look on Big Mike's face, I don't think he was in on it.

Old 04-08-2010, 07:51 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,404,268 times
This is the second time Mike has been saved. Wasn't he supposed to be tossed off at the beginning because his dad or uncle talked? Are they setting him up to be in the top 2?

Someone said he didn't sing - but I think he did and they didn't show it. I just watched it again. Simon said, "We wish you had done something like that yesterday." So did they just cut that out of the show?

I've given up thinking this is a singing contest a long time ago. In some way, all the top 9 are "commercial" to a certain audience. Herman's Hermits sold records, so Tim can . He'll be a teen idol for awhile. Mike should go into religious music. AI is probably just watching the ITunes downloads to see what the demographics are of the people who buy their stuff.

I agree though. That was a ratings stunt. They did that last year, too. They'd put one of the popular ones in there just to say, 'Vote people!'

It took me over an hour to get a vote in for Crystal. So people are definitely voting for her.

eh - who knows...

Old 04-08-2010, 08:33 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,808,852 times
They showed Mike singing for the judges. You must have missed it. Popcorn break?

Old 04-09-2010, 12:01 AM

15 posts, read 19,340 times
OMG!!! I really like this show.. This show gives a chance for new singers to come ahead and show there talent. Some of them are really good.
This is awesome. ... :-D

Old 04-09-2010, 12:46 AM

3,110 posts, read 5,404,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
They showed Mike singing for the judges. You must have missed it. Popcorn break?
I watched it online and they didn't show it. I had to leave early so I missed the final elimination. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV