Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2010, 08:25 PM

5,534 posts, read 7,127,252 times

Advertisements

For once I would like to see the guest performer stand in front of the judges after their performance so they too can be rated by Simon and the rest. Picture Simon critiquing Bon Jovi
That would be pretty funny!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 10:25 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,242,648 times
I've thought the same thing.....some of them don't sound as good as the kids do!

Old 05-12-2010, 10:36 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,438,988 times
I can't believe Crystal was in the bottom two. She was great last night.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:14 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,894,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonwood2420 View Post
I can't believe Crystal was in the bottom two. She was great last night.
She wasn't, Ryan said something about that.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:00 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,538,473 times
I have to say Fantasia sounded horriable. Never really liked her to begin with.

Ryan did say several times last night, "In no particular order" at no time was it revealed whom the bottom two....Ryan just choose to make us all sit on the edge of our sits until the end. Although I have to admit once he saved Casey, I knew Mike would go home. And from the looks on Mike's face he knew as well.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:19 AM

894 posts, read 1,128,297 times
Poor Casey. He thought when they called his name that he was being sent home. He was shocked to learn he was in the top 3. He's a humble guy and that works to his advantage.

I didn't care for the guest performers last night, with the exception of the country guy (can't remember his name -- but he was REAL good).

IMO, the right 3 got to stay (Crystal, Lee, Casey).

I laughed when they asked Lee what he was thinking when he was watching the homecoming parade, and he said "I wanted that to be me." That tells me Lee finally knows he's good enough and deserves to be where he is, so now maybe he won't be so closed-off on stage. He'll start having a little bit more personality shine through into his performance.

I love Crystal all the way. The girl is a major talent and I'm so happy for her and her baby. I hope she makes a ton of money and manages to stay true to who she is. Somehow, I don't think that'll be a problem for her. She seems to be very down-to-earth, and very grounded. She's a serious-minded gal and she knows what she wants.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:54 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,148,932 times
Most of the guest performances sounded terrible. Daughtry was the only decent singer. He even sounded better than Bon Jovi.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:00 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,711,416 times
All 3 of the guest performances weren't so hot and I'm a big fan of Bon Jovi but was disappointed last night. JMO

Old 05-13-2010, 10:51 AM

730 posts, read 2,055,457 times
I have a gut feeling that Lee is going to go on a hot streak after seeing the homecoming parade videos, which would lead to him beating Crystal or Casey at the Finale. I'd rather have Lee win so Crystal won't have to deal with as much restrictions in her image as an American Idol Winner would have. Having Crystal finish 2nd place would give her more legroom in her image and sound as opposed to her winning the competition.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:01 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,449,684 times
YAY! I was glad Mike went home. He is BORING as a singer. A whole album -- scratch that -- old lady posting here -- a whole CD of him and his boring, mellow, ballady. . . zzzzzzzzzzzzzz sorry, even typing that made me doze off.

Now Casey needs to go next and it'll be perfect. Crystal and Lee are both great, but I really want Crystal to win. I haven't cast a single vote this season, but I may have to start now.

I do have to admit though, I'm probably the only one who wasn't all that crazy about their duet. Perhaps it's because I know and love that song SO much, and they changed the harmonies just enough that it didn't have quite the same beauty as the original. Plus, when Kris did that song last year I think he knocked it out of the park, in spite of not having the benefit of a partner to make it an actual duet.

But anyway. . . Crystal for the win!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV