Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 10:40 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,512,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
They're showing a lot of snowboarding tonight which is nice. At least they took a break from the 4 hours of figure skating.
Wow, you really don't like figure skating do you? I really don't think they give it any more time than the other sports and believe it or not some people do like it. They didn't show it at all tonight so you got to have a rest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 10:42 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,410,377 times
Yay for Americans! Great day for them!
Shawn White is a genious.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:31 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,430,389 times
It's a delight to watch Shawn.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:24 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,994,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCInMyMind View Post
I'm suffering from "NBC-induced ADD." It would be nice to watch an event from start to finish rather than 10 minutes of one sport, commercials, Bob Costas, then 10 minutes of another sport. Repeat...

Remember when you had to stay up or get up in the middle of the night to watch events LIVE? I hate NBC's prepackaged coverage. It is so artificial.
Agreed. This is probably the worst coverage of an Olympics I have seen in a long time.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:22 PM

540 posts, read 1,331,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Someone needs to tell Scott Hamilton to quit grunting when a skater loses his/her footing.

I love it. He and the female commentator do a lot of gasping. To me, it shows passion for their sport.

I am so happy to have found this thread and other fans of the Olympics.

I absolutely adore them. The sacrifice, determination and talent of these athletes is inspirational and the danger..... My goodness some of these events are so dangerous, I have the utmost respect and admiration for these amazing athletes.

I really enjoy the back stories and wish there were more of them. Shaun White is just one example. He has such a positive joyous attitude and amazing parents. He was born with a terrible heart defect called Tetralogy of Fallot, which has several anomalies and had 2 open heart surgeries as a baby. It is not a simple repair, requires a lifelong relationship with a cardioligist, and carries lifelong risks. Gotta admire the whole family.

The men's skating had so much emotion and drama. What a great ending for Evan Lysacek.

I enjoy it all except, not a fan of the luge. Just too insanely dangerous. Like driving in Nascar, without the protection of the car.

Heck I'll even watch a bit of curling. It just wouldn't be Winter Olympics without that odd sport.

One of my son's is a hockey fanatic. He is in class at the university all week, but downloads all the games so he can watch them in order on the weekend, and goes to great lengths not to be spoiled.

Anyway, there is so much tragedy, doom, gloom and crimes in the news, that I sometimes think humanity is a lost cause. Watching the Olympics, and witnessing so much detrmination, joy and talent, gives me hope, that maybe not all is lost. I'll hate for it to be over so soon.

I must add, the other great thing about the Olympics coming around every two years, is that it is a great reminder to stop, reflect and remember there are so many other countries in the world, and we have more in common with people that we realize. I enjoy hearing about their country's history, and the individuals determination and passion for their chosen sport.

Last edited by baseballgal; 02-19-2010 at 02:36 PM..

Old 02-19-2010, 08:22 PM

277 posts, read 627,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballgal View Post
My goodness some of these events are so dangerous, I have the utmost respect and admiration for these amazing athletes.
On the CTV broadcast they said some of the Women in the Downhill race were so scared to race the downhill course, they were crying at the start.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:38 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,205,320 times
Default 2010 Olympic Games TV Commercials

The TV commercials for the 2010 Olympic Games are much more entertaining than the disappointing lot during the recent football Superbowl. Here's one of my favorites

YouTube - Orville Redenbacher Commercial (embedding disabled - click on link)

Old 02-19-2010, 08:53 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,813,956 times
Did they show the Skeleton yet? Edit : ahh nevermind it's on now

Last edited by wanderlust76; 02-19-2010 at 09:21 PM..

Old 02-19-2010, 09:36 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,522,405 times
Watching Shaun White was great. I loved how he had already won the gold but chose to make his final run something special instead of just messing around.

Men's figure skating was wonderful last night. I was so happy the US got the gold.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:50 PM

540 posts, read 1,331,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayneb View Post
On the CTV broadcast they said some of the Women in the Downhill race were so scared to race the downhill course, they were crying at the start.
I don't blame them. That course was crazy scary and there were at least 6 terrible falls. I cringed through the entire event, and I was just sitting on my couch.

Does anyone know the story on the bouquets given to the winning athletes?
They look like broccolini or broccoflower surrounded by folded banana leaves.
It is a little goofy looking. Are they supposed to eat it at the end of the night?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV