Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2010, 12:53 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,254,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I don't think Bristol is the best dancer or that she will win but I sure give her credit for her courage...something you don't see a lot of these days.
I don't think born-with-a-silver-spoon arrogance is the same as courage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2010, 01:58 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,259,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
I don't think born-with-a-silver-spoon arrogance is the same as courage.

From what I have seen of Bristol Palin, she is anything but arrogant. Quite the reverse as a matter of fact. I don't think she has the "siver soon" attitude of say the Kennedy kids nor Paris Hilton, Nicole Ritchie, etc. Now THOSE are excellent examples of what you don't want your child to grow up being. Bristol Palin IMO is a nice kid. That is what she is a KID.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:13 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,216,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I DON'T......My wife almost divorced me that last time she was on.....WHAT a pair of legs
They did not call her the "Weapon of Mass Seduction" for nothing!:-)

Old 11-02-2010, 01:36 PM

18,969 posts, read 11,631,658 times
Ok so here's my recap of last night's show...

Usually I don't like the group numbers - they're extra hokey. Last night's was more tolerable for me because I really like that song by Jay-Z and Beyonce. Lacey looked so trashy/stripper-ish when they panned to her

Team Yamaguchi - I liked them and thought they did better than the other team. Rick and Vanessa Williams must have been such a handsome couple - too bad he couldn't keep it in his pants. Bristol looked good with the 70s hair and she was sassy in the beginning - some personality emerging maybe? Kyle - I hope Lacey doesn't give him a heart attack!

Team Ohno - These guys should have won but I really thought they were ho hum. Jen is such a Debbie Downer. I'd love to see Anna dance with Derek or Maks.

Kyle/Lacey - paso doble - Mel B/Maks. I thought they got better scores than were warranted.

Kurt/Anna - tango - Emmitt Smith/Cheryl. So-so. He started out pigeon toed - was surprised the girl judge didn't call him on that. He also looked stressed throughout the dance. I thought their scores were too high.

Bristol/Mark - Viennese waltz - Kelly Osbourne. Crummy-ish and I didn't care for what Bristol said about how different their families are - came off snotty to me and she's one to be talking since she got herself knocked up.

Rick/Cheryl - quick step - Helio/Julianne. Rick gets props for acting but he was a little over the top - yikes. Kurt looked stressed afterward when they panned to the other dancers

Brandy/Maks - foxtrot - Gilles/Cheryl. Gaaa Gilles looked better than ever. This was the best of the night, IMO.

Jen/Derek - tango - Drew Lachey/Cheryl. Had to laugh that the song starts out repeating "just shut up!" That's what I feel like saying to Jen and her constant sobbing. They did much better than the last couple of weeks.

I think Kurt or Bristol will/should go home tonight.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:19 PM

18,508 posts, read 31,748,093 times
Kurt needs to go already.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:33 PM

5,121 posts, read 16,626,834 times
I liked Brandy's performance best followed by Jennifer.

Kyle looks much better with both a shirt AND a jacket on. I figured out what bugs me about him.....his feet seem awful small. He looks out of proportion.

I FF through Rick's Jolly Green Giant dance. I couldn't get past that ugly green.

Bristol has to go.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:34 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,190,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
They did not call her the "Weapon of Mass Seduction" for nothing!:-)
The camera panned to her in the audience last night and I drooled all over myself.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:45 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,278,887 times
I thought Kurt was stiff. He just didn't seem like Kurt. Though the best line of the night was when they showed him at the Cardinals training facility with his BF Larry Fitzgerald. Larry calling Len Goodman the "stupid guy in the middle" was uproarious.

I ejoyed Rick. Hated him last week, but I think it was the eye makeup that did me in.

Brandy: Nice dance but only DWTS could make "Fever" sound un-sexy. Almost as horrible as that vocal rendition of "Yesterday" a few weeks ago.

I think we're coming down to who has a ton of fans to vote them through. Will be interesting to see if Sarah's fans pull Bistol along. Kurt probably has a ton of loyal fans who will vote for him.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:44 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,245,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Kurt needs to go already.
No, not Kurt! Give him a dance he can flash that million dollar smile to and he's good for another week.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:04 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,097,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Ok so here's my recap of last night's show...

Usually I don't like the group numbers - they're extra hokey. Last night's was more tolerable for me because I really like that song by Jay-Z and Beyonce. Lacey looked so trashy/stripper-ish when they panned to her I liked the group dances and the songs.

Team Yamaguchi - I liked them and thought they did better than the other team. Rick and Vanessa Williams must have been such a handsome couple - too bad he couldn't keep it in his pants. Bristol looked good with the 70s hair and she was sassy in the beginning - some personality emerging maybe? Kyle - I hope Lacey doesn't give him a heart attack!

Team Ohno - These guys should have won but I really thought they were ho hum. Jen is such a Debbie Downer. I'd love to see Anna dance with Derek or Maks. I think Jen is honestly dealing with a lot of pain, can't blame her.........admire her for pushing through it.

Kyle/Lacey - paso doble - Mel B/Maks. I thought they got better scores than were warranted.

Kurt/Anna - tango - Emmitt Smith/Cheryl. So-so. He started out pigeon toed - was surprised the girl judge didn't call him on that. He also looked stressed throughout the dance. I thought their scores were too high. I noticed the pigeon toes too and was surprised Carrie Ann didn't call him on it.

Bristol/Mark - Viennese waltz - Kelly Osbourne. Crummy-ish and I didn't care for what Bristol said about how different their families are - came off snotty to me and she's one to be talking since she got herself knocked up. I thought the exact same thing.

Rick/Cheryl - quick step - Helio/Julianne. Rick gets props for acting but he was a little over the top - yikes. Kurt looked stressed afterward when they panned to the other dancers

Brandy/Maks - foxtrot - Gilles/Cheryl. Gaaa Gilles looked better than ever. This was the best of the night, IMO.

Jen/Derek - tango - Drew Lachey/Cheryl. Had to laugh that the song starts out repeating "just shut up!" That's what I feel like saying to Jen and her constant sobbing. They did much better than the last couple of weeks. I think Jen did better since her doctor made Derek realize that he can't work her as hard as a 25 yr. old. I don't blame Jen for sobbing, she is 50 a year old, stay at home Mom at his point in her life and doesn't have the stamina of a seasoned athlete or an active entertainer {Donnie Osmand}. When Derek allowed her to pace herself this week........she did pretty damn good.

I think Kurt or Bristol will/should go home tonight. I agree. I think both of them should have gone home before Audrina Patridge.
I also enjoyed seeing the stars from the previous shows again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV