Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2010, 11:30 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,375,151 times

Advertisements

Well, I think Corky and Florence missed a teachable moment, if you will, at least for Len's benefit, to demonstrate that there are different levels of sexuality: it isn't all about 'raunchiness'. I would like to have seen a dance that was less about lust and more about desire that comes from the complete trust and faith of a single partner over many years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 11:51 AM

5,123 posts, read 16,647,662 times
I too loved Jennifer's dance. Second favorite was Brandy's.

I liked Derek's Jenhougher shirt.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:53 PM

1,036 posts, read 2,846,038 times
Noooooo! I was out shopping last night & missed this episode & then I accidentally deleted it from the DVR

At least tonight will recap everything.

Courtney

Old 10-12-2010, 04:10 PM

18,968 posts, read 11,660,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICoastieMom View Post
Well, I think Corky and Florence missed a teachable moment, if you will, at least for Len's benefit, to demonstrate that there are different levels of sexuality: it isn't all about 'raunchiness'. I would like to have seen a dance that was less about lust and more about desire that comes from the complete trust and faith of a single partner over many years.
Absolutely. Especially with Florence's talent, such that it is for a 70-something year old, they could have done a much classier dance instead of hamming it up and pandering. Either way, though, Corky creeps me out.

Anna/Kurt - Anna's my favorite female pro. Kurt is TOO sweet and not sexy, IMO. They did OK, though - I hope he sticks around a while.

Maks/Brandi - I don't really like Brandi but she's growing on me since she puts up with that ass Maks so well. They did alright last night.

Cheryl/Rick - Cheryl's my second favorite female pro. Rick also has no sex appeal, IMO. Loved Bruno's line about him being like Megatron LOL

Lacey/Kyle - Lacey is nice enough but comes across so trashy. I feel bad saying it because she does seem very sweet. Kyle seems immature for his age/experience. Ho hum dance.

Karina/Situation - Oy. Len summed it up when he said at least they were consistent - bad throughout! LOL

Derek/Jen - He's one of my favorite male pros. I'm tired of seeing her whining. There must be some clips where she isn't all hang dog. She's the best dancer by far but she still could use some constructive criticism from the judges. She wasn't precise or energetic enough in her movements last night and a couple times she barely managed to be in step with Derek. A Nicole S she is not.

Mark/Bristol - good grief does he want to molest her or what? The whole shirt removal thing was gaggy and then he was fawning all over her. Ack. She looked pretty sexy afterward with her hair slightly tousled. I can't stand her mom but I hope she stays another week and the Situation leaves tonight.

Tony/Audrina - Tony's my favorite male pro for personality. I think he'd be paired well with Bristol and Mark would be good with Audrina. Audrina the automaton. We have Kurt and Rick with no sex appeal and Bristol and Audrina with no expression! IMO Jen is tops and she is runner up.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:03 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,260,337 times
Wow toosie nice post I agree completely.

I do hope Situation got sent packing tonight. I won't watch the results show it is too long but usually tune in the last 5 minutes. Didn't get that done tonight.

I would send Kyle home next.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:20 PM

Thanks Jaxson

For those who don't watch but want to know tonight's results...
Spoiler
The Situation packed his abs and went home. Kurt and Bristol were in the bottom three.

Oh and Jen and Derek repeated their tango - I thought they did better tonight than last night - very nice!

Old 10-12-2010, 08:53 PM

1,036 posts, read 2,846,038 times
Spoiler
I guess the Situation was unable to avoid an elimination situation

Courtney

Old 10-12-2010, 09:43 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,300,064 times
I watched DWTS Monday night for the first time and was pretty pleased with all of them. I have never watched The Jersey Shore no had any clue to who/what The Situation is. I was really pi$$ed at the judges last night with their crude and rude comments. They act as if people who know nothing about dancing should be professionals already! Bristol Palin was pretty good and she looked so sexy in those black pantyhose! She needs to get rid of the "deer in the headlight look" she has on her face all the time though.

I kept thinking Jennifer Grey sounds familiar and I finally realized she was "Baby" from "Dirty Dancing", right? She did Patrick proud IMO.

Florence Henderson...bleck. Not very graceful or adept on the dancefloor IMO. Didn't she used to be a dancer way back when? LOL at "Bobby Brady" in the audience!

Didn't see Michael Bolton but if the judges were as cruel to him as they were to The Situation and that young black kid, I'd be hollering about them too. They have guts to get out there and try!

BTW, who ARE these judges? What qualifies them to be the judges?

Old 10-12-2010, 10:01 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,260,337 times
Thanks for the sneak a peaks guys!

Tami welcome to dancing thread. Hey we can see each other twice a week now.

Fairly sure the judges are past dancers if I am wrong somebody please correct me. Yep Jennifer is Baby good memory. I've never watch Jersey Shores either but that cast are all over other shows. I wouldn't want to be known just because of my abs that is stupid. What will he do when he gets a beer belly and those abs are gone?

Old 10-12-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I wouldn't want to be known just because of my abs that is stupid. What will he do when he gets a beer belly and those abs are gone?
I'd be willing to bet he won't be getting by on his own brain power
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV