Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 09:21 PM

595 posts, read 2,722,957 times

Advertisements

We are moving to LINDALE!!!! We are coming from a very "trendy" area north of Dallas. We toured the highschool ...we will have a 9th grader. It's awesome! My husband has to report to his new office on July 16th and we will follow w/ the sale of the house. We can't wait! Tyler and the surrounding area is the greatest. If you think traffic is bad in Tyler.....HA! Try driving in Dallas at 5pm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2007, 09:36 PM

4 posts, read 16,335 times
Default What's not to love about Tyler?

I grew up in East Texas and had a good deal of family that lived in Tyler. The roses and the beauty was always just incredible. I have moved from Texas years ago and have spent most of my years away lamenting leaving.
It is true that the pay scale is much different, but the cost of living is appropriate to the scale.
I agree with some of the others that have posted here- you certainly want to have a job in place before you move. There is not a desparation for jobs, but a city this size has a different employment atmosphere than the larger metro areas like Dallas.
Moving to Tyler is a great choice in almost any season of life- if you have a little equity or a stash, it could be the best thing you ever did. The people are friendly, traditional family values are strong and life is just a little slower. Not the Garden of Eden, but close!
Next time you go, visit the rose gardens- you'll understand what it is that we are all raving about!

Old 07-09-2007, 09:51 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
housing----ne construction--has a pretty hefty price tag--friends of ours live there and saw it is just about 200 a sq ft ...

Old 07-12-2007, 11:02 PM

11 posts, read 54,061 times
Smile Lindale is Booming!!

[b][color="Navy"][font="Arial"][b][font="System"]Lindale is Booming! My wife and I were there for 9 days in June 07'. As mentioned in my earlier post, A new "Home Depot" is scheduled for construction. At the time we were there a New "Days INN Express" was underconstruction and almost completed. There is a new "Chilies" restraunt, a new Posados Mexican restraunt. On a friday night the line was out the door and into the parking lots folks wanting to get in to Posados.
Lindale has a hugh new High School, its about 6-7 years old. It's located on FM 16 about 1 miles east of Hwy 69. Now we have found out that the Lindale ISD has recently purchased 83 acres about 1 and a 1/2 miles from Hwy 69 in the area of FM 16 and County Road 4100 (lake Lorriane Rd) with plans to build another new High School. There is a new Lowe's & a new Walmart on Hwy 69 about 3 miles from FM 16. There is a new Brookshires Supermarket right there at Hwy 69 & FM 16. Lindale now has 5 Title Companies; 2 years ago there was on 1 Title company. Also as earlier mentioned the State is currently widening Hwy 69 to 4 lanes from Lindale to Mineola. Im understanding that this will be be completed by 2010. When completed it will greatly add to the infrastructure of Lindale. During the time we were there the State was in the process of widening FM 16 four feet on each side and will resurface (Hwy 69 to Winona). As we speak, this is probably now completed.
We will retire there in a few years. Moderator cut: website

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawson26 View Post
You are right about any place being what you make of it. Tyler is a lovely place to live and a great place to raise kids. I think if you even know who the "society" people are you obviously want to be one and that explains some of the resentment. Also you are right about the physical condition of the schools. The education aspects, crime, quality etc... are the opposite of what you would think by looking at them. Trust me...Lee is the good school and John Tyler is "less good." Lindale and all down hwy 69 toward Bullard are the newest and fastest growing areas.

Last edited by AustinTraveler; 07-13-2007 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: Sorry, we don't allow realtor ads/websites here.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:33 PM

1 posts, read 4,346 times
i've read all the posts and i'm really skeptical now. I'm moving back, went to TJC 20 yrs ago (was a famous Apache Belle-- i hope they are still famous!)
but grew up in a small town close by. Looking at buying at Hideaway Lake, and yes i think Lindale is the fastest growing city right now (and i've spent the last 20 yrs in (Plano-Dallas area)Wylie,Sacshe,Nevada area outskirts--saw what happened there)
Anyone have any comments on Hideaway community? i'm very much in need of advice before i buy there. Know there are dues and it is a 'community' but i dont want to get 'stuck'. Any advice i would so much appreciate. u can email me gullomac@yahoo.com Please let me know what U know!
thanks, Jan

Old 07-20-2007, 05:09 AM

6 posts, read 25,588 times
Default Hideaway

We are also looking at Hideaway. I would love to know what you find out if you get any feedback on the community. We would like acreage but at the same time, it seems like it would be easier to adjust to living in new area if living in a community like Hideaway. Thanks!

Old 07-21-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Lindale News

Many of you may already know this, but I just found it online :

$150 million project announced for city "Thedford Crossing"
03/01/2007

An innovative pedestrian-oriented community will soon bring a new type of development to Lindale, a combination business and housing area unlike any other in the East Texas area. The Villages of Thedford Crossing is a project of The Consortium Firm that will be among the largest development's ever put together in the City of Lindale. Approval last week of rezoning for the tract of land along U.S. 69 (Main Street) near County Road 474 and I-20 will encompass more than 200 acres of land and feature several types of development. The first of two phases of The Villages of Thedford Crossing (Thedford Crossing) has received rezoning for a novel mixed-use community development.

Land purchase for growth approved by city
By Jack Stein, Editor
03/01/2007
With a look to the future, Lindale City Council has reached an agreement to purchase property near downtown that could provide an opportunity for expanded growth of city services and offices in the next few years, including a city hall, police station and recreational facilities. Approximately 21 acres of land north and east of the downtown area is in the area approved for purchase at Tuesday's regular council meeting. The land to be acquired is east of Industrial and north and south of East North Street. The property extends east to within two blocks of Teresa. The unanimous vote of the council approved the recommendation of City Administrator Jim Cox that four acres close to city hall be purchased at $10,000 per acre and another 17 acres be purchased at approximately $13,000 per acre.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Hideaway

sorry to say this but from research ive done, the lots in hideaway are for the most part not larger than 1/2 an acre.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:57 PM

Default New Lindale High School

We are hearing that the Lindale ISD has purchased 83 acres on FM 16 east of Hwt 69 with plans to build a new High School. The current High School is about 7 years old and is on FM 16 about 1 mile east of FM 16.
Any info about this?
Thanks-

Old 07-22-2007, 07:16 AM

595 posts, read 2,722,957 times
I just read a copy of the latest Lindale News great plans...including a new HS. I've toured the current HS and it's a great school. We are buying a home in HAWL and transferring in from the DFW area. I think the Lindale area is going to be the new Frisco.....(let's hope not) LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler