Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 04:35 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,326,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
As a single man I would have no problem living in there.
What people don't realize is you can insulate these things, run plumbing in the walls, electricity...and have all the comforts of a small studio or apartment...

I've lived in, rented spaces that were a lot less nice than these barn/shed/lofts...

http://www.horizonstructures.com/Modular%20Webpage/loft_lg.jpg (broken link)

You gotta realize, people into home improvement or remodeling could make this into a dream loft...people die for this kind of space in the city...

You can insulate, sheetrock the walls, add a bathroom water..ect ect...

And live very cheap...and save all your money for things you really might want down the road...

Here are some more designs...

We've all been brainwashed by the banks and financial institutions to feel we must pull out 10-30 year morgages, and be slaves our whole lives....bunk....think outside the box...

http://theshedmankalispell.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/IMG_2430.162160135_std.jpg (broken link)

As a single person, or even a couple...you could easily habitate this on some land...heck...you could hire a company to build it for little of nothing...they could build it in a day practically....just like a cabin...

And a home like this, you could take with you if you moved...just put it on a flat bed trailer...so many options...

Look what the banks have done to this country...they don't want you to think 'practical'...they want you to think 'debt'....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I think you can't live in that barn shed because it doesn't have a bathroom and kitchen. Best thing to do is get an apt room share through Craigslist, but having roomates can be a nightmare.

Remember Patrick Swayze in the movie Road House?
He lived in such a barn loft...remember...and was quite comfortable...

Unfortunatly I couldn't upload any suitable scenes of him in the barn loft..for they were all love making scenes...

Anyways...obviously he was comfortable enough to get his groove on while living in it...

Remember...a electrician and plumber can do whatever you ask of them...they can even electify a dog house for your dog...and put a sink in there...

Old 09-04-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
There's no reason you couldn't have both a bathroom and kitchen in there.

People get real creative with these small storage sheds...a good interior designer and exterior designer can really make them appealing...

But don't tell the place your buying it from your going to live in it...or they'll jack up the price 100%....

Old 09-04-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
TimeandSpace, I agree with you. Shed, however, in WI would get mighty cold in Jan/Feb without insulation.

This shed was designed and built in Britian...

I'm just trying to show you there alternatives to being a slave to 15 year morgages...you can build something like this for less that $10,000...have electricity ran to it...and nice big bed...and for about $500.00...just put another bathroom shed next to it...where you have your bathroom, tub or shower ect ect....

There's so many options when you think outside the box...

Old 09-04-2010, 05:17 PM

1,828 posts, read 4,656,456 times
You would have to do all this in a very remote location as in the city, code wouldn't allow such things. Really not as easy as you think. If you live that far out your not going to have jobs. Not like there are many in the city at this point either.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHGreat View Post
You would have to do all this in a very remote location as in the city, code wouldn't allow such things. Really not as easy as you think. If you live that far out your not going to have jobs. Not like there are many in the city at this point either.
False, if you have family...you could set up such a shed like structure in their back yard...

Old 09-04-2010, 07:09 PM

You need to learn to think way outside the box...believe me, people have been doing stuff like this for years...those on the edge...we have no choice...

Old 09-04-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
False, if you have family...you could set up such a shed like structure in their back yard...
Hardly false, such a structure that you are talking about is not going to be passed under code on someones city property unless its zoned for such a structure. Your talking about doing this as a not legal structure otherwise. Your also figuring a family member is going to just give you the area of their property for free. It is also code to not allow a certain size of home be built in residential areas at least where I am located.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHGreat View Post
Hardly false, such a structure that you are talking about is not going to be passed under code on someones city property unless its zoned for such a structure. Your talking about doing this as a not legal structure otherwise. Your also figuring a family member is going to just give you the area of their property for free. It is also code to not allow a certain size of home be built in residential areas at least where I am located.
Welcome to the underworld...where all things are possible...that's all I will say...

Old 09-04-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Welcome to the underworld...where all things are possible...that's all I will say...
I suggest adding 4 wheels onto the bottom of it then as your going to be moving quite often. lol But then why not just buy a used trailer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment