Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2011, 12:25 PM

1 posts, read 3,286 times

Advertisements

HI

Unfortunately I am one of the many who have been effected by the bad job market. I lost my job in Aug 2010. I started to received benefits starting in August. I used up 26 weeks and am currently have 14 weeks left on my tier 1. I was hoping to find a job by now but there is very little jobs here. I read an article that left me confused and scared about what I will be eligible for in the future if I qualify. An article on Michigan.gov ([URL]http://www.michigan.gov/documents/uia/EUC_Fact_Sheet_120_240939_7.pdf[/URL]

Stated:
Tier II, III, and IV claims
cannot be established after January 7, 2012. However, individuals already on an EUC Tier as of the expiration date will be able to continue collecting the balance on that tier. No EUC payments will be made for any week beginning after June 9, 2012.

]If I am still unemployed which I hopeful will not be. I mapped it out and if I continue on the tier schedule I will be on week 11 of tier 3. Based on what it says does that mean I will not be able to apply for tier 4.]These dates confuse me. Is there a deadline on collecting on the tiers in the state of Michigan? Please advise

Last edited by donnath; 04-07-2011 at 12:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 06:11 PM

1,828 posts, read 4,656,456 times
There is a deadline for the whole USA and has been throughout this crisis. Acually you have less to worry about right now then most of us that were laid off in 2008. They were deciding on this stuff every 6 months or less when I was on unemployment. What you read is fact, unless the Federal Government extends past the 2012 deadline your unemployment will end after the tier you are on ends at that time.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:46 PM

210 posts, read 210,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHGreat View Post
There is a deadline for the whole USA and has been throughout this crisis. Acually you have less to worry about right now then most of us that were laid off in 2008. They were deciding on this stuff every 6 months or less when I was on unemployment. What you read is fact, unless the Federal Government extends past the 2012 deadline your unemployment will end after the tier you are on ends at that time.
U CAN FINISH Whatever Tier you are on in 2012. But you can't start A New One, After Jan 2012
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment