Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2011, 09:26 PM

8 posts, read 10,515 times

Advertisements

Ok I am so totally confussed with all these terms and when you call NYS hotline you are on hold for 3 days. Can some one help me?

#1-I received a letter saying I completed my 26 weeks of Reg.UI and I am eligible for EUC08. This was on 10/11/11 my BYE is 4/1/12
Below that it says I am eligible for 20 weeks of Tier 1 EUC08 and my max benefits allowed is $8,000. If I have my numbers correct so far I have only clamied 8 weeks which equals $2,500. When I looked at my payment history it said I only had $2,000 left. I was told I didn't need to call they would notify me if I need to open a new claim.
#2 why does it only say I have $2,000 left but the letter states I can collect up to $8,000?

#3 will the state add funds come the new year? (unless I find work)
If so do I have to open a new claim or will they contact me? I don't want to do anything illegal Im just not sure how all this works.

#4 Is EUC08 AND extended or Tier system the same thing?
I am so confussed .

Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 09:53 PM

25,577 posts, read 56,570,103 times
Don't do anything.

Tier 1 EUC is credited in two parts. 13 weeks (EUC08) and then, after EUC08 is exhausted, the remaining 7 weeks (EUCX), as the additional seven weeks were part of later legislation. Don't worry about it. You will get 20 weeks Tier 1.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:57 PM

Thank you, If you don't mind I have one more question, I took a part time job working seasonal they had me on the cargo dock. I couldn't do the work Im only 115 pounds . Plus I am having IVF Done. I thoughr I would be doing cashier or floor sales. I told them the job wasnt for me and I left. I did report I worked those days. Will I lose my benefits?
thank you

Old 12-07-2011, 01:34 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,138,079 times
To improve your chances of not getting your unemployment turned off, you certainly don't want to say "I thought," but rather, "I applied to be a cashier/floor sale person. I was told I was going to be a cashier/floor sale person. Then on my first day of work they had me on the loading dock. I told them at only 115 lbs I'm not built to do this kind of heavy lifting, and needed to be transferred to the job I was hired to do. After three days, I left because my body isn't built to do that kind of work, it wasn't what I applied for, and not what I was hired to do."

Old 12-07-2011, 11:31 PM

Thank you Chyan I just don't want to do anything illegal and have them take my benefits away fully.

Swish

Old 12-12-2011, 10:06 PM

4 posts, read 8,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher33 View Post
Thank you Chyan I just don't want to do anything illegal and have them take my benefits away fully.

Swish
Work is work.....who cares how much you weigh? You try your best..you quit an available job and I think u may be disqualified.....

Old 12-13-2011, 11:27 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,138,079 times
The laws and regulations always couple it with the term "suitable." A laid off doctor would never be required to accept a job at McDonald's at the risk of losing his or her unemployment benefits. Also, it's not what she applied for or was originally hired to do. She might be disqualified but it would be because she didn't drive that point home or the adjudicator just wanted to punish her by perverting the system.

It's really easy to force someone into work that would be considered unsuitable just by denying them benefits and starving them out. By the time you win at your appeal, you'll be a month behind on your bills, and the claimant will be sorry even though he wins the appeal and receives backpay. The damage will have already been done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment