Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2011, 03:08 AM

511 posts, read 2,452,731 times

Advertisements

My wife is going to be laid off in about a month from her full time Monday to Friday job. Right now she works a part time four hour a week job on Sunday afternoons. The Sunday job is in her field, pays very well and could be expanded to full time some day.

Here is my question: If she goes down to the State unemployment office and submits an initial claim for unemployment benefits after she is offically laid off from her full time Monday to Friday job, will they deny her claim because she is not offically unemployed because she has the Sunday job at a different employer?

* She makes $2000 a week in her full time (40 hours) Monday to Friday job and $100 a week in her four hour Sunday only job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 04:13 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,177,723 times
In PA (from their website): “You may be ineligible for benefits if you are working part-time and limit the number of hours that you are working per week when there is additional work available.”

I guess the states vary in their rules and regulations.

However; I would think that your wife will qualify - especially considering how much she was making before her layoff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment