Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2012, 05:26 PM

2 posts, read 1,765 times

Advertisements

I was making claims on my 2011(tier 1) claim up until December 2011, then I was switch to an old 2010(tier 4) claim and I was told that I needed to finish that claim before going back to the 2011 claim. Last week I exhausted the 2010 claim and today I was told I can not go back to my 2011 claim and they started me up on a new claim with half the money I was getting on my 2011 claim when they hald told me that when the 2010 money ran out I was going to go back to my 2011 claim. What are my choices? I live in Texas every time I call i hear something different from them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 08:56 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,507,533 times
No choices, sorry.

If, by some remote chance, you exhaust this new state claim prior to the 2011 claim bye sometime in 2012, then you could begin the 2011 tiers, assuming Congress has kept appropriate legislation in place:
Quote:
General Tier/EB Facts:

If tier benefits are paid on a claim before its bye, under present legislation, those tiers can be resumed under a subsequent period of unemployment, provided legislation is still in place.

//www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...ment-faqs.html
Nonetheless, you are still stuck with the new lower state claim benefit until it is exhausted.

Point of fact, you are tested for new claim eligibility at your bye (benefit year end), as well as quarterly, as long as you are drawing EUC benefits. You've apparently been working while drawing benefits. Those earnings together with any carryover not used to establish your 2011 claim created new claim eligibility which superceded any claim to tier benefits from the 2011 claim.

At the time you were told you would go back to the 2011 tiers, there were no eligible earnings to consider. That circumstance changes quarterly, depending on whether or not you have worked during your benefit year.

You have been caught in the wonderful Catch22 world of working while collecting unemployment benefits. It is only a matter of time, if you work and collect benefits, before you will become eligible for a new claim.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:14 AM

2 posts, read 1,765 times
Thanx.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment