Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 05:32 PM

36 posts, read 53,892 times

Advertisements

Thank you. If this takes any longer, I will be evicted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2014, 05:42 PM

161 posts, read 493,128 times
Kathleen -- Have you yet been notified of approval for benefits ? If not, expect a delay of anywhere from 3-6 weeks while processing occurs, especially if the employer raises issue or there needs to be more investigation on the claim. That's assuming that you are not denied on Determination. it is a tedious, terrible process at time -- and it is not fair to the claimant by any means.

I would not immediately count on benefits in the next week or 2, though you never know! Fight on, and look in to loans or alternate means of money while you wait

Old 10-05-2014, 06:21 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,533,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZoom416 View Post
Kathleen -- Have you yet been notified of approval for benefits ? If not, expect a delay of anywhere from 3-6 weeks while processing occurs, especially if the employer raises issue or there needs to be more investigation on the claim. That's assuming that you are not denied on Determination.
OP filed in July and was approved. Presumably employer issues resolved, per this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleenmcc View Post
I have been having a hard time with PA unemployment. This has been going on since July. I finally was approved,
Her claim has been established (not denied) - but is currently tagged as "inactive." Her issue now is PA's review of medical documents - and what is going on w/computer claiming. Nothing to do with employer contest or determination. PA is as slow as molasses in resolving anything. She needs to contact her state rep. Works every time - and has worked often in PA.

And, she needs to verify that all claims submitted so far are still in the system. That word "inactive" needs an explanation.

Old 10-06-2014, 06:54 AM

Thanks again. I was able to get through today and file for the last 2 weeks. I spoke to the man and explained that I filed for the 2 wks prior to that and he has that also. I told him I provided Dr notes and he confirmed. He sent an email to the examiners while I was on the phone telling them about the notes and that I was able to work since July.

Hopefully this will take care of this mess and I will be able to pay rent. Fingers crossed.

"Inactive" he could not explain. He reset it so I can file.

I tried calling the PAT line numerous times before this. The recording only said that I cant file until the 5th, even when I was calling today, the 6th.

What a mess. Do you think I should contact state rep or wait a week and see what happens?

Old 10-06-2014, 10:55 AM

Assume you were then able to file today???

How many weeks does PA now owe you?

Old 10-06-2014, 02:36 PM

Yes, I was able to file after speaking to them. Still don't have a conformation of when I will receive any benefits

6 weeks now. But I hear that they hold the first week back.

Old 10-06-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleenmcc View Post
Yes, I was able to file after speaking to them. Still don't have a conformation of when I will receive any benefits

6 weeks now. But I hear that they hold the first week back.
Email your state rep now.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:55 AM

I emailed, received a reply that someone will contact me today. Wow that was fast.
Thanks.

Old 10-07-2014, 08:21 AM

This is a nightmare. State Rep called back. They got 2 Dr's notes with different dates as to when I was able to work. My last Dr had it dated the day they sent it. They are going by that, which means that I am not getting anything for the month of August.

Called Dr. office again and they are going to re-fax a letter to the State Rep saying that I was able to work the month of August. I called the other Dr and left a message to re-fax their letter to the Rep.

This is terrible. It should not be so hard. I am really frightened.

Old 10-07-2014, 08:42 AM

161 posts, read 493,128 times
You need to be proactive and get out there TODAY and job hunt. There is a chance you wil lnot receive very much retro pay due to the error on the letter, and UI may not accept a second letter as they may see it as fraud or an attempt to cover up something.

A friend went through this exact scenario in PA years back - 2009, and due to the Dr note, they did not receive a dime in back pay. I am just preparing you, as things can go either way and either way you are probably looking at weeks before payment.

Your benefits will likely pick up from the date after on the letter, but I would be weary of the rest -- and I would be pounding pavement job hunting. BEST of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment