Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2016, 07:45 AM

99 posts, read 143,918 times

Advertisements

Ok heres my deal. . .

Dec.14
Claim is pending. Unpaid Waiting week.

Ok so it says 104 "Effective Days" remaining.

What exactly does that mean ? i will get benefits for a little over 3months ? (90 Days)

Question 2:
My pay was $420 even (AFTER TAXES) -weekly
I know they max out at $420 so what will i be getting weekly ? Its still says 0 in the column because they didnt update it yet but id like to know if anybody here can tell me.

I checked the boxes for fed. and state taxes so that WILL BE DEDUCTED as well.

__________________________________________________ _________________

What will i get weekly ?

How long will it last EXACTLY (104 Effective Days) ? or whatever that means.

Will i get my Keybank Debit Card thingy in time because i dont have direct deposit?
Does the payment take LONGER on the card ?
Or would i have gotten the money FASTER if it was Direct Deposit ??

THANKS for reading about my wack situation !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 01:49 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,455,902 times
NY calculates benefits on a 4-day week. 104 days is the equivalent of 26 weeks benefits.

Can't calculate a benefit on your after-tax earnings.

What were you paid BEFORE taxes? No one takes a job without knowing their hourly or annual rate or pay.

Essentially: What was your hourly rate, how many hours a week did you work?

Old 02-20-2021, 07:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,490 times
I opened a claim in March of 2020 due to having covid. Only collected for two weeks and went back to work. Stopped collecting. I was let go dec 29th 2020 started collecting benefits again on open claim. My ending period to collect is March 23rd 2021. I still will have about 60 days left to collect. Will I have to re apply or do I just continue to certify for benefits? I’m not sure what to do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment