Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 12:59 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,154,156 times

Advertisements

I will let him tell me that, and what the rules were surrounding any employer requirements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 01:37 PM

172 posts, read 70,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyvan View Post
I will let him tell me that, and what the rules were surrounding any employer requirements.

my employer is coca-cola, and yes i'm a truck driver for them. And per the contract they have with the union; and company policy, my requirements is to have a VALID CDL LICENSE. I know for a FACT that the requirements per the contract is a VALID license, and you only get disciplined if you LOOSE your license, which even then they give you 6 months to get it reinstated. This is not the case cuz i have a valid license just from another state.

I mentioned to them that its not in the contract anything about other then having a valid CDL license, which i do. And they said yes but in florida and that its COMPANY, not CONTRACT policy that i have a NEW YORK license, not a out of state license.

And i can see no better reason to "lie" about having a out of state license when the reason why i acquired that license is because i have a 11 year old daughter with a terminal illness in that state, which was acquire while on APPROVED fmla. or am i wrong?

Old 01-04-2019, 01:59 PM

another thing is i happen to know several other drivers who have a PA and CT cdl license while working for years at coca cola, i spoke to my shop steward about this and he said its justified because their license are within the tri state area and apparently the company dosent frown upon that. Either ways i had no idea about any of this, all i know is whats in the contract, and again it mentions nothing about a out of state license.

Old 01-06-2019, 10:58 AM

does anybody know the average time to get your benefits currently for NYC? im going on 4 weeks also if it gets denied and i appeal it, the average time until the appeal day?

Old 01-06-2019, 11:09 AM

We haven't had anyone from NY in a while post a start to finish story. I've been guessing about 4 weeks to initial determination from date of application and 4 weeks from date of submission of an appeal REQUEST to get a hearing date, and then another week for a decision if you won the hearing or not.

Old 01-06-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyvan View Post
We haven't had anyone from NY in a while post a start to finish story. I've been guessing about 4 weeks to initial determination from date of application and 4 weeks from date of submission of an appeal REQUEST to get a hearing date, and then another week for a decision if you won the hearing or not.

Chyvan do you think i stand a good chance? last i spoke to the person handling my claim i asked him if he received the documentation he asked me for (doctors note to return to work and my approved PFL) he said he receiver it and that im in the list of employer he will be contacting again to get "things straightened out" he said he will call if he needed anything else. This was on wedsday, and the site still says pending.

think i have a good chance?

Old 01-06-2019, 12:15 PM

I don't know. I don't like that you submitted the PFL paperwork. You need to learn to SHUT UP.

Your story was that you were fired for having a FL driver's license. That PFL paperwork has NOTHING to do with that. Now, I think the UI worker is working on some other reason to deny.

I think this story can be sold, but YOU have to STOP yapping. Let your employer state the reason you were denied, and deal only with that. You're creating new issues to be examined every time you open your mouth that requires more work from you and the potential to mess up. You had no business telling that UI worker what you were doing in FL. It was irrelevant garbage. If all your job required was a license, and you had one from any state, then that was the only issue until you told me about this PFL paperwork request.

Old 01-06-2019, 12:30 PM

Yeh i know i screwed that up, i had no idea it was like that until i came here, wish i did before i did all that.

So thats why he did not get back to me right away huh? No wonder he did not get back to me that same day he was going to "speak" to the company. I know i said i was on PFL but i dont see him being able to find a reason to deny me based on that. Everything was legit with the PFL, i was approved. Also i wonder why he asked for for a paystub from my last day worked.

Any reason why he hasent gotten back to me yet in so long? i mean i would think if he found something on me it would have came to light by now, or atleast seen the "denied" information on the website.

Do they have a time frame by when they MUST make a desicion? or can they take as many months as they want to do so? Because on the web site it says 3-6 weeks and on the phone recordings it says up to 3 weeks.

Another thing, do you happen to know which happens first, a letter being sent out with the denial, or the status being updated AFTER the letter is sent online?

Old 01-06-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiecarbone View Post
So thats why he did not get back to me right away huh? No wonder he did not get back to me that same day he was going to "speak" to the company. I know i said i was on PFL but i dont see him being able to find a reason to deny me based on that.
And this is why we don't want claimants talking to UI workers. You think it's no big deal, but it raises issues whether you were on an approved leave of absence, if you returned when you were supposed to, and whether your daughter's illness is going to render you not able and available because you'll be too busy worrying about her.

UI is NOT a sympathy system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiecarbone View Post
Another thing, do you happen to know which happens first, a letter being sent out with the denial, or the status being updated AFTER the letter is sent online?
I don't know NY's system well enough to tell you. Most people say in other states that they're claim submissions go from "pending" to "disqualified" long before the letter with the reason shows up.

Also, stop worrying about the time. You can't control that. All you can control is what YOU do so that you don't cause your own denial or make trouble for yourself.

Old 01-06-2019, 01:53 PM

one more question, can i used my wages in florida from when i worked there 3 months to get a higher UI benefits rate? as it stand they are telling me im at 238 using just my new york earnings but i made a big chunk in those 3 months in florida. Can i used floridas earnings along my new york earning for the "alternate period"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment