Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 07:39 PM

32 posts, read 92,412 times

Advertisements

Where do I start with this unemployment situation.. well to start off I was employed at Public Storage last year I was working there for about a year . In the midst of my employment I became pregnant and missed a few days of work being that I was going in and out of the hospital, plus I became homeless in the midst of the whole situation . The week I ended up having my baby I did not contact the company ,ed .. long story short I applied for unemployment benefits and I was denied because of misconduct. As you all know once your past employer puts in misconduct your at a dead end .

Fast forward to a few months of not working , I decided to go back to work because I needed money . I found a job at Dollar tree , and they hired me as a seasonal worker . I was told by the manager that they were going to hire 5 people and only 1 of those 5 people will be kept . I was working there for a little over a month and during that month I called off twice due to my son being sick, I made sure to call way ahead of time to let them know and they told me it was fine to take care of my son . I thought everything was ok but that very Saturday on December , 23 was the last day I was scheduled to work . I called them on that Sunday to see if I was on the schedule and I wasn’t . I called a few more times in a span of 2 weeks to see if they added me at some point and they did not . So therefore I decided to reapply for unemployment.. for whatever reason I have an interview with EDD this month on the 29th.. so I need some help , has anyone ever went through the interview process and actually got approved ? I selected that I was laid off because from my understanding it was not a fault of my own and the company didn’t need my anymore they only needed me for a seasonal position .. also no one called me to tell me I was laid off or fired I just was never put back on the schedule so does that even consider as being fired or layed off ? How long will this interview be , and will being denied in the past affect my chances of actually being approved ? Please help !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2019, 07:47 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,061,750 times
Don't take the call. Come back if denied, and we'll work on your appeal. As it stands now, you haven't said a bad word about yourself. Keep it that way by NOT taking that call no matter what you think.

//www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...erview-ca.html This lady didn't take the call, and she's laughing all the way to the bank and kept her stress level low.

If you earned 5 times your weekly benefit amount at this new job, then you will be forgiven for all prior disqualifications, quits, and firings.

What you don't know, is will the employer say that you were laid off. You were only there a month. The Christmas season was over, and you probably weren't on the short list.

You deal with a denial at an appeal hearing. Like you should have done before, and you probably could have had money in your pocket for those three months.

Old 01-20-2019, 01:04 PM

Ok I won’t take the call . I’ll keep you updated . Thank you for your response .

Old 01-20-2019, 02:46 PM

Crazy thing is I just checked the mail seems like I should have checked it a while ago . So looks like I have to send them in my earning because apparently I have to go through the requalification. The letter says that “A determination regarding your eligibility for unemployment insurance benefits is dependent upon whether or not the wages you received from unemployment since 12/23/2018 have been , or will be , reported under the provisions of the federal contributions Act”

Any idea what this means ?

..I think it’s best for me to fill out the form obviously.. I forgot o mention earlier but I was also working at a different job for about a week then I quit upon getting hired at dollar tree , so should I report my earninings for that one week as well , even though I didn’t include it on my unemployment application ?

Am I waisting my time by even filling out these forms ?

Old 01-20-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyvan View Post
If you earned 5 times your weekly benefit amount at this new job, then you will be forgiven for all prior disqualifications, quits, and firings.
Remember this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jthunt View Post
“A determination regarding your eligibility for unemployment insurance benefits is dependent upon whether or not the wages you received from unemployment since 12/23/2018 have been , or will be , reported under the provisions of the federal contributions Act”

Any idea what this means ?
EDD wants proof that you met the earings requirement. I hope you did. Send in the FINAL stub from the job.

Quote:
so should I report my earninings for that one week as well , even though I didn’t include it on my unemployment application ?
NO! UI is about your LAST job. Not 2nd to last or any past job. They want a paystub showing that on this Dollar Tree job that you earned the right amount of money to be forgiven for all your sins from the past: 5 times your weekly benefit amount in GROSS earnings.

Quote:
Am I waisting my time by even filling out these forms ?
Don't know. You haven't really provided enough information. However, if you do nothing, then it's an automatic denial. There is a possibility that you will succeed. 4 weeks work at Dollar Tree might very well be 5 times your weekly benefit amount, and then lucky you.

Old 01-20-2019, 05:21 PM

That was very informative! Well o will submit the information tomorrow and update whenever they get back to me .

Old 01-22-2019, 04:24 PM

So I’ve already sent out my pay stubs , now I recurved a letter today stating that I voluntarily quit ! What on Earth am I supposed to do now ? These people really come up with anything . I was not put on the schedule for an entire two weeks so therefore o filed for unemployment, how could I have quit when I wasn’t even being provided work ? This is very obscure. What do I do now ?

Old 01-22-2019, 05:11 PM

Quote:
I recurved a letter today stating that I voluntarily quit !
Would you PLEASE get with the program.

The letter says a hell of a lot more than you quit. Type in the WHOLE letter. Could be that it's about your earlier quit. Could be what happened at Dollar General is being treated as a "constructive" quit.

I canNOT help you when you don't provide ALL the information.

If you want to just go it alone, then submit "the determination dated mm/dd/yy is wrong. I want an appeal hearing scheduled," and you can figure things out on the fly.

If you get denied, it's going to be mostly because of YOU.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:14 PM

I’m sorry I was in panic mode . Alright so the letter states “ A question has been raised regarding your eligibility for unemployment insurance benefits for the period beginning 12/30/2018. This interview is requested because it has been reported that you voluntarily employment with DOLLAR TREE STORES INC. To resolve this question, an interview will be necessary for you to supply information regarding 601A. Voluntary leaving applies to your eligibility in this case. At the time of the your scheduled interview,be prepared to present any information you have regarding your case. “

I reallly need your help on this , there is a government shut down at the moment so I know that taxes are going to come late around these times. I’ve been applying to so many places for a job but haven’t gotten back any word yet . I really need this.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
for whatever reason I have an interview with EDD this month on the 29th
Quote:
To resolve this question, an interview will be necessary for you to supply information regarding 601A.
What the hell? You used the letters "EDD." I thought you were in CA.

601A is usually for ILLINOIS and the people that do UI in IL is IDES.

Stop using the wrong things. You'll get wrong answers.

Go ahead and take the call, and say you didn't quit, and you were released at the end of the Christmas season and not retained and that is all you say. If you can't say that and shut up, then don't take the call at all. You can't tell this story about how you missed work. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment