Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2019, 06:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,022 times

Advertisements

Hi, guys. I'm a bit concerned that my benefits will be cancelled because of a mistake I made, and would like to see if there's anything I can do to rectify the situation. Long story short, I made the mistake of certifying my benefits early. My unemployment had gotten approved surprisingly quickly this month, and since I habitually checked my claim status online, I saw that I was able to file for benefits on the ninth of this month. So I did, and I got the money installed into my account and all that no problem. The timing was also convenient as I was, and still am, in danger of being evicted. About a week or so after I do this however, I get a notice in the mail well after I certified my claim, and this letter stated my expected approval for UI benefits, but it also says I should/will wait until the twentieth of this month to claim. So, I guess my question is have I put my claim in danger by certifying it so early? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2019, 08:39 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,061,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcrewinjersey View Post
have I put my claim in danger by certifying it so early?
No.

Old 08-20-2019, 11:59 PM

37 posts, read 18,981 times
I usually claim my benefits on a Monday I mistakenly did it on a Sunday however I didn’t receive a payment it is now Wednesday how can I fix this ? It says next day to claim is the 24th but that’s a Saturday I’m confused

Old 08-21-2019, 07:37 AM

3,259 posts, read 2,765,294 times
Does it say "next day to claim" or "next payable week?" the next payable week would be 8/24 (weeks always end on a Saturday for UI). And you shouldn't have any problem claiming on a Sunday. That is always the first allowable day to claim benefits for prior week (which ends on a Saturday).

Old 08-21-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
Does it say "next day to claim" or "next payable week?" the next payable week would be 8/24 (weeks always end on a Saturday for UI). And you shouldn't have any problem claiming on a Sunday. That is always the first allowable day to claim benefits for prior week (which ends on a Saturday).

Next Payable Week:08/24/2019
Last Week Paid:08/17/2019
Last Paid Amount:$0

Old 08-21-2019, 09:06 AM

Okay so I just got off the phone with them and they said I had an overpayment however I received the letter in the mail weeks ago, I then called the department in charge of the money u suppose to owe ( I forgot to report my earnings in March when I got a new job worked for a week and had to reopen my claim ) I told them what I earned when I reopened my claim in March and they deducted that and released me my back pay for the weeks I was claiming for them to review and reopen my claim. They said I didn’t owe anything when I called when I received the letter a few weeks ago which is weird, But the letter did say I owed only one payment . The worker said I’d be getting a payment next week when I claim . So now everything is on track They just took that payment I owed from March which I was told I didn’t owe when I called a few weeks ago �� so confusing. I have only 3 weeks left on this claim and I’m not complaining about one unissued payment I start my new job on Tuesday I just need my money to get to and from there �� . So I’m going to try and claim on a Sunday again and hopefully get my deposit by Monday night so I can make it to my orientation on Tuesday. It was so odd that I did one thing differently this week and ended up not receiving a payment lol.

Old 08-21-2019, 11:11 AM

It sounds like just a coincidence, as you should have no problem claiming on a Sunday for the prior week. You next payment depends on what the over payment amount you owed was versus your weekly benefit amount. If it was the same amount I would think you should be good for this week's benefit payment to go through when you claim on Sunday. In NJ if you claim on Sunday money is in your bank account on Tuesday.

Old 08-21-2019, 02:25 PM

I shouldn’t owe them anything after this payment they just took because it was the same amount that I owed so yes , I should be all caught up & able to receive a full payment next week. This week is going to be annoying without a payment but it’s okay lol. & Yes I’m in NJ and didn’t know u could claim on Sundays to get it earlier I’ve been doing it on Monday’s & received my payments by Tuesday 11:30pm. :/ Lol it wasn’t until a friend told me they could do it on Sundays and that’s when I just tried to do it & this happened lol.

Thank youuuuu you’ve been veryyyyyy helpful. !! This website has helped me a lot through my reopening claim and everything else. Appreciate it. Have a great rest of the year. !!!

Old 08-22-2019, 08:17 AM

You're welcome. Yes I used to get logged into my account in NJ by 7:50 am Sunday morning and at 8:01 hit the certify week button LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment