Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2020, 09:27 AM

740 posts, read 473,342 times

Advertisements

filed on 3/27 due to work hours being reduced and got monetary info on 3/30. but as of now, claim still showing 'pending resolution' as not laid off but reduction in hours. is this a matter of employer not responding (in nc employer has 10 days to respond) or is it a matter of nc des being backed up and simply have to wait it out? anyone else in nc filed for reduction in work hours, and how long did it take to get resolution for you? thanks for anyone's response.

also, is it 'verboten' to call out sick while in this process if not feeling well and sick time (unless given 2 week notice, is unpaid at this company (which I am getting to despise as their solution is to severely bring down everyone's hours - I had 8 hours last week--rather than simply lay off people).

thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2020, 09:44 AM

5,153 posts, read 3,760,274 times
Yeah it will say reduced hours. Took a few weeks to get my first payment. Their website seems to be a mess compared to some of the screenshots I have seen of other states. You should be OK.
We are supposed to get the first $600 late this week or next week payable from week ending 4/4 not like some other states which have paid this $600 from week ending 3/28.

As long as you don't go over your maximum weekly benefit less your weekly allowance and NC UI sends you a check ACH whatever of at least $1 you will get the $600 from the federal trough which based on the amount you can get from the great state of North Carolina is all I am concerned about.

Best just to go to work rather than call in sick if you want to keep the job once things loosen up later this year.

Old 04-13-2020, 10:14 AM

740 posts, read 473,342 times
thanks for the response lancers. think I remember you now being in nc and asking questions as well.
when you says 'weeks,' does that mean 2 weeks, 3 or how many, if you don't mind my asking...

so are you still working reduced hours or have you been laid off completely? I'm not sure if I would actually prefer getting laid off entirely rather than having nail -biting waiting for new schedule to be posted and to see how many hours I get.

yep, those 600 payments would be very welcomed and I believe I remember seeing on the nc des website that they are retroactive to 4/4 week. I am surprised that I don't really see any/many posts about nc in unemployment forum as nc unemployment jumped with over 500k new claims filed due to virus. It seems that posts are heavily tilted toward nj/ny and cali. Maybe those of us in nc are less vocal? or is it running smoothly for most of nc newly unemployed?

Old 04-13-2020, 11:40 AM

2-3 weeks. Probably filed a week earlier than I should have but I saw the problem a lot of guys had at RDU even getting a claim in so I figured better to do it and get it over with. Let's say 2 weeks I got my first check.

Got furloughed 3/26 worked partial weeks starting 3/16.

I honestly don't know what's up down here like you say more posters from Jersey Cali and New York.

Old 04-17-2020, 11:46 AM

2 posts, read 3,071 times
Haha thought the same thing about not seeing any NC posts hardly.. weird.

I filed 4/13 / laid off ( coronavirus) / still pending resolution / recieved determination email 4/14...

Hey lancer ok, so it took 2 weeks , thats 10 day mandatory wait time + mail of debit card?
Was your benefits already loaded on card or was there more waiting time?

Was there a seperate letter / additional steps required for the fpua ($600) pay to be added to the claim?
Thanks. NC resident here ..

Old 04-17-2020, 12:12 PM

Debit card? Direct deposit. You don't have to do anything to get the $600 federal money. Long as NC UI sends you a check or deposits into your account debit card whatever $1 you will get the 600.

Old 04-17-2020, 12:23 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,768,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls_Gold View Post
Haha thought the same thing about not seeing any NC posts hardly.. weird.

I filed 4/13 / laid off ( coronavirus) / still pending resolution / recieved determination email 4/14...

Hey lancer ok, so it took 2 weeks , thats 10 day mandatory wait time + mail of debit card?
Was your benefits already loaded on card or was there more waiting time?

Was there a seperate letter / additional steps required for the fpua ($600) pay to be added to the claim?
Thanks. NC resident here ..
you have to claim every week to get paid so make sure you pay attention to when you should be claiming. nothings loaded on a card or done DD until you're paid for your weeks after claiming

Old 04-17-2020, 12:36 PM

2 posts, read 3,071 times
Thanks guys for a quick response.

Debit card part is where im confused...
Do they mail u, after 10 day mandatory period, a debit card to activate w funds already available or a check to be deposited into my own acct? On my initial claim i chose debit card to recieve funds / benefits.

Thanks again

Old 04-17-2020, 03:48 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,768,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls_Gold View Post
Thanks guys for a quick response.

Debit card part is where im confused...
Do they mail u, after 10 day mandatory period, a debit card to activate w funds already available or a check to be deposited into my own acct? On my initial claim i chose debit card to recieve funds / benefits.

Thanks again
They mail you the debit card for you to activate and usually no funds are on it yet. But if mail is slow and you already claimed for weeks that you were paid for UI will already have sent money to the debit card they have on file for you. No checks are mailed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment