Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2020, 05:53 PM

32 posts, read 20,925 times

Advertisements

tl;dr: How can your Wages show up incorrect or 0 for ALL employees at the same Company?

At this point I'm just venting and kind of curious as to how this happened.

So the business I work for wen't belly up little over half way through March. Employer informed us all to file Unemployment. All were approved but our Wage form only showed us as a 7,000$ earned wages for the first Quarter. All other quarters show up as 0$. It shows this for ALL of my former Co-Workers. Everyones' first Quarter shows as 7,000$ and all others 0$. Despite the fact we all work different hours, different pay.

We were called in to obtain our Payroll Summary and send it off to EDD. I did that, and contacted them online through the UI portal's Contact Us option. About a week later I received a letter in the mail asking me for either Paystubs/W2 and Proof of Wages. Sent them all out as did my Co-Workers I've been in contact with and we're still waiting for corrections to show up.

At this point I'm just kind of curious exactly how this happened? Seems kind of odd how all 14 of us (small company) show up as having the same first quarter earnings and all other quarters show up as 0. Did our Employer mess something up? Or was this on E.D.D's part?

Just kind of worried now at this point. We started the process to fix this the start of April, now we're almost into June and our benefit balance will hit 0$ the last Certifying Weeks of June. Was hoping this would be fixed by now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2020, 07:16 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,984,674 times
You could have entered the wrong SSAN when you applied or the employer could have entered the wrong SSAN for you or the employer did not pay your unemployment taxes or your wage credits went to the wrong state or SAVES said you're not authorized to work in the USA or your SSAN was tied to a denied claim or your identity was stolen or..... Way to many possibilities.

Old 05-18-2020, 08:18 PM

32 posts, read 20,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
You could have entered the wrong SSAN when you applied or the employer could have entered the wrong SSAN for you or the employer did not pay your unemployment taxes or your wage credits went to the wrong state or SAVES said you're not authorized to work in the USA or your SSAN was tied to a denied claim or your identity was stolen or..... Way to many possibilities.

What I just find very bizarre is the fact all 14 of us employed by my previous place of employment have the same Wages earned and Monthly benefit. 1st Quarter being 7,000$. Rest showing up as 0. All recevied the same benefit amount despite our actual earnings being 100s and even thousands of dollars off.

When I contacted EDD the rep told me in the email that my employer by law is required to submit our wages earned. He did not outright say he didn't do it though still has me wondering maybe he failed to pay into it?

If this is the case and my Employer did not pay into our Unemployment, are me and my Co-workers SOL come the day our benefits run out? We have documentation of our payroll summar, check stubs and W2. But does this all mean nothing if our Employer failed to pay into it?

Old 05-18-2020, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c313 View Post
If this is the case and my Employer did not pay into our Unemployment, are me and my Co-workers SOL come the day our benefits run out? We have documentation of our payroll summar, check stubs and W2. But does this all mean nothing if our Employer failed to pay into it?
It means nothing as far as you getting benefits. If you can prove that you were an employee with qualifying wages, that is all unemployment needs to pay you once verified. Any issue over unpaid unemployment taxes is between the State and the company.

Old 05-20-2020, 01:45 PM

5 posts, read 3,933 times
I am in the same situation just like yours.
But in my case not only my wage showed 0 but my name and employer name on the award notice are empty.
Mailed everything back to EDD and it has been about a month and still no response.
This really sucks!

Old 05-20-2020, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne0822 View Post
I am in the same situation just like yours.
But in my case not only my wage showed 0 but my name and employer name on the award notice are empty.
Mailed everything back to EDD and it has been about a month and still no response.
This really sucks!
That is usually one of Four things:
1. Your former employer is a crook
or
2. Your unemployment wage credits are tagged to a different State
or
3. Your SSAN/DOB are all wrong
or
4. Your in an exempt group where unemployment reporting is not required

Old 05-20-2020, 03:46 PM

5 posts, read 3,933 times
That is usually one of Four things:
1. Your former employer is a crook
I think they just so dumb just messed up my data when they were filing my information.
Because all other employee that are on furlough already got their EDD debit card (we were put on furlough on April/17/2020).
or
2. Your unemployment wage credits are tagged to a different State
Actually I did get UI about 13 years ago when I was living in Chicago but I have been living in California for more than 10 year and my employer had been paying UI for the last 2 years. Not sure how that got messed up
or
3. Your SSAN/DOB are all wrong
On the award letter it showed correct SSAN/DOB
or
4. Your in an exempt group where unemployment reporting is not required
I have been full time since 2008 Jan and have had all the records of W2.

EDD did send letter to me and my employer asking for identity verification but who know how much longer it is going to take.
Do you think filing a new claim might set this whole situation right?

Last edited by wayne0822; 05-20-2020 at 03:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment