Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 07:29 PM

76 posts, read 29,068 times

Advertisements

I filed for unemployment on 3/30 but, when I filed, the online system only allowed me to add an additional claim to an August 11th, 2019 claim that I made from a previous job, which I never collected on because I became reemployed quickly. When I filed the additional claim, I put down my most recent job's information, including its FEIN, but it didn't have any boxes to let me input my hourly pay at the new job or my full-time hours, which both differed from the job I was working on the old claim, so when I finished filing it, it was using the Weekly Benefit Rate from the 08/11 claim. I received continuance pay from the 03/16, the day I was furloughed to 03/30, and I answered that Yes I had received continuance pay when I filed the new claim.

In any event, it's been over two months and I didn't get a call from a claims adjuster on my home phone, and every phone call I've made to the unemployment office has led to an automated system that disconnects me, even if I call as soon as my county's unemployment office opens, and every e-mail I send has been met with an automated reply about going to the website and following the directions.

I have certified for benefits every week since the week ending on March 21st until now, and my claim is still showing up as "not payable at this time". I have zero faith that these fools are going to get this correct even after I tried to explain my entire situation to them through the e-mails that I sent. I'm eight years out of college and have been living paycheck to paycheck to pay off the second mortgage on my mom's house and all the bills and have never been given the opportunity to work a normal, entry-level job with my English degree from a prestigious university. I'm here working full-time hours for a little over $12/hr.

Am I going to have to take this to court to get them to finally ante up the money? I have zero faith that they'll do their jobs correctly and give me my appropriate back payments when they wouldn't even allow me to update the weekly benefit rate to reflect my hours and pay rate at the job I was claiming benefits from, let alone the $600/week back payments that I'm owed under the CARES Act. I believe that I'll be cheated out of my money in the end, and I've tried my best to get in contact with anyone who can fix this issue right away and send me my cash. I haven't made the second mortgage payments for what'll be three months in a few days because I've been saving what little cash I had saved up plus the $1200 stimulus check money to pay the monthly bills and do grocery shopping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2020, 06:14 AM

8 posts, read 19,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RinNJ View Post
I filed for unemployment on 3/30 but, when I filed, the online system only allowed me to add an additional claim to an August 11th, 2019 claim that I made from a previous job, which I never collected on because I became reemployed quickly. When I filed the additional claim, I put down my most recent job's information, including its FEIN, but it didn't have any boxes to let me input my hourly pay at the new job or my full-time hours, which both differed from the job I was working on the old claim, so when I finished filing it, it was using the Weekly Benefit Rate from the 08/11 claim. I received continuance pay from the 03/16, the day I was furloughed to 03/30, and I answered that Yes I had received continuance pay when I filed the new claim.

In any event, it's been over two months and I didn't get a call from a claims adjuster on my home phone, and every phone call I've made to the unemployment office has led to an automated system that disconnects me, even if I call as soon as my county's unemployment office opens, and every e-mail I send has been met with an automated reply about going to the website and following the directions.

I have certified for benefits every week since the week ending on March 21st until now, and my claim is still showing up as "not payable at this time". I have zero faith that these fools are going to get this correct even after I tried to explain my entire situation to them through the e-mails that I sent. I'm eight years out of college and have been living paycheck to paycheck to pay off the second mortgage on my mom's house and all the bills and have never been given the opportunity to work a normal, entry-level job with my English degree from a prestigious university. I'm here working full-time hours for a little over $12/hr.

Am I going to have to take this to court to get them to finally ante up the money? I have zero faith that they'll do their jobs correctly and give me my appropriate back payments when they wouldn't even allow me to update the weekly benefit rate to reflect my hours and pay rate at the job I was claiming benefits from, let alone the $600/week back payments that I'm owed under the CARES Act. I believe that I'll be cheated out of my money in the end, and I've tried my best to get in contact with anyone who can fix this issue right away and send me my cash. I haven't made the second mortgage payments for what'll be three months in a few days because I've been saving what little cash I had saved up plus the $1200 stimulus check money to pay the monthly bills and do grocery shopping.
hahaha you don't take THEM to court. just keep claiming- as long as you're in the country you're lucky. trust me- I'm stuck out of country with no help and out of money. Eventually it will kick in. You can also try to contact your local councilman etc by phone. but hope it works out. just keep claiming

Old 06-01-2020, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMamba View Post
hahaha you don't take THEM to court. just keep claiming- as long as you're in the country you're lucky. trust me- I'm stuck out of country with no help and out of money. Eventually it will kick in. You can also try to contact your local councilman etc by phone. but hope it works out. just keep claiming
Well I've seen on the internet that there are lawyers for this kind of situation, and I have everything documented. I don't believe this will be resolved unless I take some kind of action because I've been trying to get through to anybody to just fix this already and get me my money and I read the other day that 1.1 million claims have already been paid in New Jersey. So I believe at this point I will be one of the very last people to get his money despite having filed back on March 30th, and I'm actually someone who is in dire need of it given my situation. What if I run out of money sometime in mid-July? I need to take some sort of aggressive action because it's clear that they're not going to give me a dime if I just sit back and let this go on with no way of contacting anyone who can fix this in 5 minutes and instantly direct deposit what I'm owed into my checking account.

I had a feeling from the getgo that I was going to get conned when they only allowed me to file an additional claim to my 08/11 claim from last year as opposed to letting me file that as an entirely new claim and certify on that claim alone to avoid any confusion. Unless I can get through to someone, they're gonna screw me over big time I think.

Old 06-01-2020, 12:15 PM

Why do I get the feeling that if I register as new user under a different e-mail address and file the same claim separately, so that it's not an additional claim to that claim I never collected on, that they'll pay me my money? I'm gonna go ahead and try that. I don't care if it causes confusion for them, they've had two months to get me my money, it's their fault I shouldn't have to make a new account when I'm already an existing user. The only reason I can see it not working is if I get some message that my social security number is already associated with a claim on file or something. I'll just try that for now and see how quickly the turn around is. This is stupid. I can't express how angry I am at how incompetent they've proved to be.

Edit: That didn't work. Well I'm screwed. I knew this crap was gonna happen. There's nothing I can do now except try to contact an assemblyman to get this fixed I guess.

Old 06-01-2020, 01:12 PM

290 posts, read 183,784 times
I feel your pain in one end. I too got out of school about 8 or 9 years ago myself. Landed a decent job out of school, was there for over 5 years before I was fired at the end of 2016 and have yet to get my feet under me again. Its finally official, the millennial generation got dealt the worst hand in the anwrican economies history. We wont dive into the reasons, it just sucks living through life with less opportunities than previous generations.

In regards to your claim. It sounds like your unemployment limbo, and will need someone behind the computer screen to get your problem fixed. Unfortunately, it's not easy to get anyone to talk to. From reading what's going on, on your end. I dont think anyone here will have a solution to your problem. If the poster Ribratti cant help you, then it sounds like a lost cause.

Old 06-01-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Companygreed33 View Post
In regards to your claim. It sounds like your unemployment limbo, and will need someone behind the computer screen to get your problem fixed. Unfortunately, it's not easy to get anyone to talk to. From reading what's going on, on your end. I dont think anyone here will have a solution to your problem. If the poster Ribratti cant help you, then it sounds like a lost cause.

Lost cause as in I'm never going to see a dime of the money that I'm legally entitled to? Should I do what the other poster said and just mass message assemblymen and possibly press members? I don't care for all that attention, and it's annoying that I have to do all this legwork when this should be a simple fix, but it seems the incompetence of the people at the unemployment offices is forcing me to do this, or else I'll never get my money and will have to wait until the offices open up and I can talk to someone in person. This isn't just ridiculous, I feel they should lose their jobs over this. They are screwing with another person's life by not doing their jobs correctly.

Old 06-01-2020, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMamba View Post
I contacted News12, NJTV, and my local assemblymen with a better written version of all this. I need to make moves and make the NJ Unemploment people take notice of my situation or else it's never going to resolved in a timely fashion.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:37 AM

Hopefully, I get a response from one of the assemblymen and they pressure the unemployment people into doing their jobs, but if nobody replies to my e-mails, I am going to cause a scene and bring attention to my case. Nothing illegal of course, but this is plain ridiculous. I've been getting screwed over since graduating from college, and I'm not about to allow them to get over on me like this and cheat me out of my money while so many people who don't need the money as badly as I do and were throwing hissy fits have been collecting for several weeks. I don't want any of their apologies, just want to get my cash and go back to living in obscurity, but if this is how it is they're forcing me to come out and raise my voice over this.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:53 AM

3,259 posts, read 2,768,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RinNJ View Post
Hopefully, I get a response from one of the assemblymen and they pressure the unemployment people into doing their jobs, but if nobody replies to my e-mails, I am going to cause a scene and bring attention to my case. Nothing illegal of course, but this is plain ridiculous. I've been getting screwed over since graduating from college, and I'm not about to allow them to get over on me like this and cheat me out of my money while so many people who don't need the money as badly as I do and were throwing hissy fits have been collecting for several weeks. I don't want any of their apologies, just want to get my cash and go back to living in obscurity, but if this is how it is they're forcing me to come out and raise my voice over this.
I also sent my Congressman an email. I did receive a response back and they followed up with a form to be filled out that they were sending directly over to NJ DOL Commissioner. That was almost a week ago. Haven't heard anything yet but remain hopeful.

Old 06-02-2020, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
I also sent my Congressman an email. I did receive a response back and they followed up with a form to be filled out that they were sending directly over to NJ DOL Commissioner. That was almost a week ago. Haven't heard anything yet but remain hopeful.
Cool, hopefully I have the same luck as you did and they at least send me a form or something that could get the DOL's attention. What's so frustrating is that I knew they were gonna ********** up as soon as their online system wouldn't let me file this as a new claim. Great to know that I'm not alone, but this still should have never happened. This is complete incompetence and to think I could do their jobs much more effectively than they can if given a quick tutorial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment