Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 05:22 PM

13,131 posts, read 21,016,446 times

Advertisements

OK, lets stop playing games! Was it an unsafe working condition or an uncomfortable working environment? To you they may seem the same but to unemployment and the regulations, they are two different things with different burdens of proof. The fact that you can't even state the most accurate underlying basis for your quit, is why I'm glad you have an attorney to keep you from walking up to the gallows, putting the noose around your own neck and jumping off!

As an FYI, your employer's only burden of proof to get you disqualified is to prove YOU quit. That is it. Now the burden of proof that it was not disqualifying is solely on your shoulders. Since you have an attorney working on this, it's best we all step aside and let you communicate with them instead of us. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2020, 05:32 PM

69 posts, read 45,941 times
TO Company Greed :

I guess so- the fact they never filled out the Questionaire and UI took just their word without asking me for my side or any documents from me is disturbing though.

I was advised by one of the Reps to apply for PUA now that I am denied for UI benefits.

But I'll wait to see if what attorney says.

he's honest, he'll let me know if there is a case or not.

Thank you again for reply.

Last edited by Alexandriagg; 06-11-2020 at 05:44 PM..

Old 06-11-2020, 05:39 PM

I was replying to thread prior to yours Rabritta.

But I am unclear how I am playing games?

I was yelled at and threatened on several occasions which naturally made it an uncomfortable working environment which easily could have escalated into an unsafe working environment.

I haven't gotten an attorney until today to assist me with the Appeal.

Take a breath- nobody is playing games.

I am here like what everybody else is here for to get opinions, to see if someone has had similar situation ,etc.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:46 PM

I can tell you must work for Human Resources or maybe you just are put here to make employees feel that they have no rights.

Nobody's playing games and oh BTW. -
Attorney has stated a case has been developed and with my emails which are compelling , the decision should be reversed.

I am allowed to come and ask questions for opinions just like the next person-

Hope you get happier :-)

Old 06-12-2020, 11:05 AM

957 posts, read 538,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandriagg View Post
I can tell you must work for Human Resources or maybe you just are put here to make employees feel that they have no rights.

Nobody's playing games and oh BTW. -
Attorney has stated a case has been developed and with my emails which are compelling , the decision should be reversed.

I am allowed to come and ask questions for opinions just like the next person-

Hope you get happier :-)
wow!
First of all, Rabrrita has been trying to HELP you - same as everyone else. Whether Rabrrita works for HR or not is immaterial and I can tell you (having been on the 'helped' end of the stick with Rabrrita) that they are THE most knowledgeable (along with Scraprsmith) with UI issues.

Secondly, IF you have an attorney... you dont need to come on here getting our opinion. You have an attorney. THEY are who you should be asking these questions of.

Thirdly - IF your attorney has told you something... then go with that. Far be it for this forum to tell you different.

Lastly - You are wished the best of luck.

Kacey

Old 06-12-2020, 12:16 PM

Like I mentioned to Rabrrita- I am allowed to come on here just as anyone else is for opinions, information or possibly to see if someone has had similar situation.

My attorney will not give me opinions while i await the appeal, he will provide facts and documentation to provide,etc.

He is not providing opinions and conversations, that is what these forums are for.

I never stated I was looking for LEGAL advice here.

So again, no games here and I have a right to be here-
if Rabrrita or anyone else here would like to "Help" then be kind.

That is all, have a good day and thank you for your reply :-)

Old 06-12-2020, 04:26 PM

957 posts, read 538,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandriagg View Post
Like I mentioned to Rabrrita- I am allowed to come on here just as anyone else is for opinions, information or possibly to see if someone has had similar situation.

My attorney will not give me opinions while i await the appeal, he will provide facts and documentation to provide,etc.

He is not providing opinions and conversations, that is what these forums are for.

I never stated I was looking for LEGAL advice here.

So again, no games here and I have a right to be here-
if Rabrrita or anyone else here would like to "Help" then be kind.

That is all, have a good day and thank you for your reply :-)
Yes you do have a right to be here... but dont bite the hand that feeds you.
Rabrrita was helping you and to comment the way you did was just rude.

Sometimes when people are trying to help... its difficult because they will ask questions because they cant give an answer until you answer the question they have asked. When the OP doesnt answer it as asked.. or deflects or goes off on a tangent.. then its frustrating to try and help them... because the ability to answer a question hinges on the answer.

Generally people are on here looking for ADVICE and HELP. Not a 'hey has this happened to anyone else too?" So posters like Rabrrita literally find the answer for the poster - and helps the poster navigate the UI system for their state.

For example: my son had TWO hearings for misconduct... posters like Rabrrita (and Rabrrita as well as Scraprsmith amonth others) LITERALLY told me how to proceed.. what to say and not say... what the reasons were... and at both hearings the 'denial' was overturned to an 'eligible'. THIS is what they do. So making snarky remarks is really unnecessary.

Old 06-13-2020, 06:48 AM

Good morning but please look back to the Thread comments- Rabrrita informed me to "Stop playing games" with many exclamation points. Also uncalled for. (and what developed my comment).

If I choose to come on here to see if opinions are there, retrieve information or possibly to see if someone has had similar situation. I can do so .

Any legal help can come from my Attorney.

Have a great day and thank you for reply again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment