Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 09:10 PM

114 posts, read 81,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli2SBMVPs View Post
Edit on my OP.... I went to certify this morning at 7 AM, and sure enough, the "your certification cannot be processed" was gone and I successfully certified for 7 weeks! Today was the first time my scheduled day has arrived since receiving the email that my balance has been added.
Congrats! Glad to hear you certified successfully! Probably the reason for the hold date was the "break in payments" since a long time had passed between your last payment in July 2020 and now.
I finally got through to an agent today, and they asked if I was still unemployed or had worked, and then said they would certify my weeks for me. (I am waiting for that confirmation email to be truly happy.) I must have had a "break in payment" too, as my last payment was mid November. Anyway, good news for you. Good luck with your PUA escalation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2021, 08:43 AM

26 posts, read 23,003 times
I tried again to certify and once again big red shows again. Terrible. I guess I'm calling them around the clock.

**** UPDATE ****

I got on the phone with an agent. They certified the 7 weeks for me. I should be paid within 3 days of 7 weeks of benefits.

Try to certify through the phone and just answers the questions as usual. You eventually need to talk to an agent, then more questions and keep answering them.

The issue was that my claim year was expired and it will automatically boot you from their system. That's why you get the error message. So call the line and speak with the agent if you're getting the same error message as me. If this is in another thread, please disregard.

I got through with the 201-601-4100 number.
Attached Thumbnails
NJ (11 week/previously denied 20 week state ext)-screen-shot-2021-02-19-10.32.41  

Last edited by DavidSki82; 02-19-2021 at 09:23 AM..

Old 02-20-2021, 04:19 PM

88 posts, read 51,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geogrimes View Post
@Riddick Thanks.. keep me posted and I'll do the same if and when something changes. P.S. I can't believe half of what the agents say, too much conflicting information.
So I tried to claim that Wednesday and got the "not payable at this time" message. When I call or certify I got that EB balance that was loaded just like you but cant get any of it because i was DQ from NJ state EB.

I called a couple days ago to a real agent and she told me that I qualify for but the only thing holding my PEUC11 up is that they have to clear all those weeks that i certified for dating back to August 2020 and that takes time, which i think is BS at this point. She told me not to certify until my PEUC11 is loaded very adamantly. So here Iam still waiting.

Old 02-20-2021, 04:24 PM

88 posts, read 51,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli2SBMVPs View Post
Ok so I called dol and finally got a good amount of info today. I received the email to start claiming on sunday the 14th for the 11 weeks on saturday the 13th. I went to claim and it said certification can not be processed, but on my claim the claim date went from being blank to 01/02/2021 (benefit year expired 02/02/2021). So I called and the lady from dol put me on hold for 10 minutes, came back and ask me why I wasnt put on a PUA claim when I was denied EB? I told her I couldn't even get through to question it and never heard anything about it other than i would be considered. I found it somewhat relieving that the agent questioned me about it without mentioning that at all, my question was strictly about the 11 week certification not being processed.

She then told me even though emails went out there are still people waiting for the balance to be approved, she said she saw the 11 weeks waiting to be approved on my account and told me a number that reflected 11 weeks for my claim. She then said there is a hold date placed on all accounts who havent yet received the amount in their accounts yet, regardless of whether the email said you did or not. The reasons why it says certification can not be processed is because of the hold date in place, and when the amount is officially loaded that hold date updates automatically to allow you to certify for all weeks missed.

So if you had a blank next payable date and it just changed recently (mine changed to 01/02/21 yesterday) but you still cant claim, according to what I've been told they just have to load the 11 weeks onto the account, other than that everything should be good to go. I asked for a time frame and she said it could be anytime to keep checking your claim on the site. I also asked if I did attempt to claim and It hasn't been loaded yet will it mess my claim up at all? She said no, and assured me the only thing keeping anyone from claiming in this situation where is says certification can not be processed is the fact that the hold date wont allow it due to the lack of funds present, so it cant hurt to try if its not there than it just hasnt been loaded yet.

Also, regarding 20 week eb denial, she said my account had to be escalated so they can review my entire account (all escalations are completely reviewed for everything), and thats the only way to get it done at this point unless they contacted you about it which I highly doubt they did. It will take 6-8 weeks, but I was assured that it would not effect my 11 week claim in anyway at all, IT guys are aware and working on these particular claims as we speak (according to her, which is somewhat believable seeing that many are reporting successful certifications as of now) The woman also stated I am absolutely owed money through a pua claim for every week from august when my benefits exhausted and was denied EB throughout 12/26 when the 11 weeks started.

My personal opinion... I haven't certified since the last week of july, I'm not very hopefuly and haven't been in quite some time, but after hearing this news and the fact that it does make sense I'm gonna be honest, I'm definitely expecting to successfully certify this week. I will be attempting again Wednesday during my scheduled day. (In all fairness I received the email sat. the 13th that I can claim during my scheduled time starting the week of the 14th, but my scheduled time doesn't come til Wednesday)
Good luck with the progress. I have a question. I was denied NJ State EB also and ive heard that supposedly if you didnt qualify for NJ State EB you can qualify for PUA but I havent been able to confirm. I also exhausted my UI back in August 2020. Have you tried applying for PUA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment