Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 10:22 AM

140 posts, read 373,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by windstallion View Post
You Know I've called the NY Syracuse Congressman and Senators yesterday and got a letter from Sen. Schumer that said once all the Unemployed New Yorkers have collected 99 weeks He would submit legislation for a TIER V or extra weeks alot of good that does us who have exhausted our benefits and losing everything This is the way our politicians work for us? By that time we'll all be out on the street with no where to turn How nice to comtemplate this.
Can you post that letter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 09:33 AM

17 posts, read 30,321 times
Has anyone else had problems e-mailing congress? Everytime I do it comes back that it failed to be send like their blocking us.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:48 AM

407 posts, read 661,128 times
Once the current bill is passed, then we all have to focus on the 99 weekers. That issue is not even being discussed and WONT Be, unless people get a lot of media attention to it!

Old 07-21-2010, 08:30 AM

Just wondering everyone been hearing that this Bill the Senator voted on yesterday with a 60-40 win was targeted to the 99 weekers at least that what someone told that was listening to the news. Can anyone on here substantaite this or is it smoke being blown you know where? I would appreciate any comment regarding this. thanks

Old 07-21-2010, 08:01 PM

1,097 posts, read 2,047,654 times
Absolutely nothing about 99'ers.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:09 PM

I just called Sen. Gillibrand's Syracuse office and spoke to a lady named jennie and asked her if this new extension included the 99 weekers nd at fist she told me it's suppose to than she said she don't know,but its suppose to and try to call the unemployment office which I did,but the line was busy.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:12 PM

1,828 posts, read 4,657,408 times
There is nothing for 99'ers in this new bill, Don't waste your time trying to call the UI office.

Old 07-24-2010, 03:12 PM

Well I did call the UI and spoke to Amy who said it didn't include us ,but she wasn't sure of what all was covered in the bill she told me to call by Wed of this week and they should know more about what's covered soungs like one hand don't know what the others doing if you ask me. I guess we all are suppose to starve and fall into the night without fight don't bet on that one US F__KUP GOVERNMENT

Old 08-01-2010, 08:11 AM

I wish they would do something I've been e-mailing,calling and whatever I could,but it seems like we are a forgotten breed. It's like out of sight, Out of mind any more. I think we need to rally in the streets my fellow unemployed 99 weekers time to start revolting against this like we did in the 60's whose all with me? Time to start marching in the streets all overespecially when I just read on-line that millionaires were collecting unemployment, that really got my goat.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:12 PM

81 posts, read 285,422 times
Default 99 weeker question-illinois

THANKS FOR THE LINK (NOT YELLING, LOW VISION)..I AM AT THE END OF TIER 4 AND RECEIVED NOTICE THAT I HAVE ONLY A WEEK AND A HALF LEFT IN MY ACCOUNT. IT TELLS ME THAT ILLINOIS HAS EMERGENCY STATE EXTENDED BENEFITS IN THE SYSTEM AND TO DO NOTHING AT THIS TIME. I HAVE BEEN OFF SINCE MID NOVEMBER OF 2008 AND EXPECT I HAVE THREE MORE MONTHS IN THE SYSTEM. WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? WHEN WILL I KNOW WHAT I HAVE FROM ILLINOIS EMERGENCY STATE BENEFITS? THANKS SO MUCH, JANDJANDS I WILL SIGN THE PETITION.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueSaQue View Post
It is located in the root thread Work and Employment.

And keep these threads ALIVE by sharing a comment!!!!

The 99ers need a Tier V added to Unemployment Benefits | Change.org
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment