Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 03:16 PM

3 posts, read 6,040 times

Advertisements

Hello..

I am new to this forum but I have read through everything and I am sick and tired as I'm sure most of the 99ers are about the back and forth information we are getting about them "maybe" talking about "maybe adding a tier..

Faxes, calls, emails are all great but unless we get into the streets and are seen they can and will ignore us!

We do not have much time left once they pass teh extenson of the dates they will go on their way for the summer and it will be too late for us and the millions of people who will become homeless day after day.

We need to hit the big cities...

NYC, DC, CHICAGO, LOS ANGELES, SAN FRAN, ST.LOUIS..ETC

We don't really have a choice we have to do this and we can do this if we all stick together.

They are hoping we give up and just go away.

We need to get the word out on Twitter , Facebook, Craigslist, blogs, that on May 1st we the people who have run out of all our benefits will be taking to the streets and we will be heard. Peacefully of course..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 06:24 PM

348 posts, read 706,845 times
Need to hit D.C.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:12 PM

357 posts, read 799,568 times
If the media never really covers the march, then did it really happen?
Hmm...think about that.

Case in point -- back almost a year ago now I seem to recall a huge rally in Washington, DC. The mainstream media barely gave it a moment of coverage, yet according to police doing crowd control it was THE LARGEST group of people they had ever seen converge in the area there. They estimated somewhere in the neighborhood of 2-3 million people.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:24 PM

4 posts, read 12,077 times
Don't give up... fight the corruption however you can. They want you to bow and kneel... don't give in..

Old 04-22-2010, 09:15 PM

199 posts, read 404,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nojobjersey View Post
Hello..

I am new to this forum but I have read through everything and I am sick and tired as I'm sure most of the 99ers are about the back and forth information we are getting about them "maybe" talking about "maybe adding a tier..

Faxes, calls, emails are all great but unless we get into the streets and are seen they can and will ignore us!

We do not have much time left once they pass teh extenson of the dates they will go on their way for the summer and it will be too late for us and the millions of people who will become homeless day after day.

We need to hit the big cities...

NYC, DC, CHICAGO, LOS ANGELES, SAN FRAN, ST.LOUIS..ETC

We don't really have a choice we have to do this and we can do this if we all stick together.

They are hoping we give up and just go away.

We need to get the word out on Twitter , Facebook, Craigslist, blogs, that on May 1st we the people who have run out of all our benefits will be taking to the streets and we will be heard. Peacefully of course..

I agree with you 100%....we have email, call, post and the list goes on and on.....but nothing has been done......yes they hear the cries but it seems like it goes in one ear and out the other.......We need to come together and make our voices heard on the same note in one accord........I have seen the teachers do it.....peaceful and successful.....we can do it too.....May 1st should be the day

FYI...Yes the teachers came out on top and had the bill veto by the governor

Old 04-22-2010, 09:48 PM

You know I am in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-23-2010, 08:56 AM

3 posts, read 6,040 times
I'm in! I know I read on some site(sorry I read so much) where someone metioned standing outside the Today Show in NYC, with signs, anyone in the NYC/NJ etc area that would be able to meet up and do this ?

Taskforce, that is a fantastic idea...We need to get exactly what you wrote here out on the web...

I can post it on Craigslist and Facebook if that would be alright with you or if you want to do it?

I think what you wrote is simple and straight to the point.

I think tent city in the middle of Times Square would def get us some press..

We need to get started immediately because once June 2nd hits, you can forget them doing anything till the summer is over, not like they do anything now, but you get what I mean.

195nana...You are 100% right, I just yesterday saw on teh news kids protesting in front of their school because it was being closed, these are teenagers if they can do it we better be able to!

The faxes etc arre great but do you really think Congress is going to tell the media about it?..Hell no! The only way to get their attention is to take to the streets and have them see us!

Old 04-23-2010, 09:38 AM

Right on. I have a graduating teenager living under my roof. He is willing to get his hole class involved. Kids today are very worried about what is happening and that they have no promise of a job regardless of what the do after high school.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:19 AM

4 posts, read 12,077 times
Taskforce4usa has got the right mindset for sure as do many others of you that i've read posts from on here. If you want something to get out to the public and be known, sometimes you have to take it to the streets. It's quite apparent that the phone calls, email, faxes, etc... just are not getting our voices heard. It is indeed time to take it to the streets in huge numbers. This is not just about a safety net for the unemployed though. It's much bigger then that. The corruption in Govt extends all the way from the White House and Congress down to your State and even Local Systems. They say one thing yet do another. It's so easy for them to dismiss those really needing help when they still have a job and still collecting a check every month. Wonder who pays those salaries though? The underlying problems are vast and it's time we start making a stand to be heard and to expose this corruption.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:45 AM

STOP putting all the long term unemployed in the beggar boat of lazy asses. This is so far from the truth. Do you consider yourself prejudice? Because there is no difference between prejudice of a religion, color, sexual orientation , or any other large group of people that you can negatively classify. Unless you are talking about criminals who for what ever reason chose to break the laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment