Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 10:49 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,683,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Hey I'll go you one better.........WHO CARES????????

Whether they were or weren't is nothing but pure SPECULATION...and speculating upon it will not get us any further than we are now.
I care, so roll your eyes elsewhere. I enjoy knowing how things work, especially things that have such a strong presence in history and design.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 10:52 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,694,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
I am glad you decided to start a thread on this topic. It shows that you at least took my argument seriously (because I was being serious). I understand that my views are "out there", but I do have my reasons.

One of the biggest myths about the face and Pyramids on Mars is that we re-photographed the area in question and came up with nothing. For those of you that believe this (I used to believe it too) should really watch this video.
Sorry, your Mars-face/alien wackadoodle ideas have already been soundly trounced and sent packing.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:52 AM

223 posts, read 269,191 times
He's focussing on the first round of photography, not the second, or the third, or the fourth. there is actually a directly taken from right above Cydonia image of the face that I posted in the other thread, with no filtering, and no editing that shows it is in fact a hill.

The lighting being restored is the biggest joke in this entire video. It's a misconception that the original Viking image was taken from above, it wasn't. It was taken at an angle and primitive 70s style editing made it appear to be an overhead shot, thus exentiating the effect of the face. Restoring that 'original lighting' (From a low resolution shot) to a straight from above shot of what is clearly a hill, gives the same simulacral illusion as was caused by the oblique angle in the original photo, (as would be completely expected as your pasting face like shadows over a completley non face like hill, which is clearly shown even in this video) proving absolutely nothing.

This is pseudo science and absolute nonsense.

The trees shot? Trees a kilometer wide on Mars? LOL. What you're looking at is a South Polar image of Mars, where carbon dioxide 'snow' is melting and causing a darkening in small tributaries from the peak of a large hill. The rest is done by the human mind. This is an established and proven martian effect that has since been directly witnessed by more than one martian rover. In essance what you see is dirty snow melting from a peak, branching as it melts and flowing down the side of the hill, much like the source of a river, creating main branches and smaller split off branches from the highermost point.

Basically, your beliefs seem out there, because they're gibberish. In future I would suggest reading the detailed peer reviewed scientific studies on the Cydonia images above some quack from a paranormal research body on You Tube. But then I guess that would involve actually reading and understanding the martian atmosphere and geology, which is clearly less fun than just making stuff up based on YouTube.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:56 AM

7,079 posts, read 12,364,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I care, so roll your eyes elsewhere. I enjoy knowing how things work, especially things that have such a strong presence in history and design.
So do I. However, I am willing to admit that aliens did (or did not) build the pyramids.

I no longer assume that everything on Earth is the result of Earth human activity. Such an assumption is not very scientific at all. Religion is the institution that is based on ideology and faith. Science should not be that way (but when it comes to aliens, science is that way). Sad. Just sad.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
So do I. However, I am willing to admit that aliens did (or did not) build the pyramids.

I no longer assume that everything on Earth is the result of Earth human activity. Such an assumption is not very scientific at all. Religion is the institution that is based on ideology and faith. Science should not be that way (but when it comes to aliens, science is that way). Sad. Just sad.
What is scientific is actually performing the feats they performed. Which if you read the articles I posted you would have seen, not only is and was possible, based on evidence found, it was the humans that did the work. I personally find it a tad dis-respectful to not acknowledge their feats. Just because we are humans, does not mean we are not capable.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Sorry, your Mars-face/alien wackadoodle ideas have already been soundly trounced and sent packing.
Wackadoodle?! LOL

Old 10-01-2010, 11:03 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,962,486 times
It always fascinates me that there are those who refuse to see just what a remarkable species we are and must attribute man's accomplishments to aliens or the supernatural.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
It always fascinates me that there are those who refuse to see just what a remarkable species we are and must attribute man's accomplishments to aliens or the supernatural.
Exactly..

Old 10-01-2010, 11:11 AM

7,079 posts, read 12,364,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
What is scientific is actually performing the feats they performed. Which if you read the articles I posted you would have seen, not only is and was possible, based on evidence found, it was the humans that did the work. I personally find it a tad dis-respectful to not acknowledge their feats. Just because we are humans, does not mean we are not capable.

YouTube - Did aliens build the pyramids? (3of3)

Old 10-01-2010, 11:20 AM

223 posts, read 269,191 times
Based on the old, poor resolution images. Lets take a look at what Mars Global surveyor had to say shall we, and I'll post only the completely undedited unfiltered versions:

http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary...jp_enh_top.gif

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...eep2_small.jpg

Also you may want to read this article including the 2001 images of the 'face'

Unmasking the Face on Mars - NASA Science

Your videos prove nothing in the face of actual, verified unedited raw images from NASA that anyone can download. The state of the art '3d' reconstructions are meaningless in the face of actual images that weren't available when your precious 'videos' were made. Clearly they are both hills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal