Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 04:19 PM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
JFK is a truly brilliant piece of film-making. An absolute masterpiece. But let me see if I fully understood the movie's conclusion:

The Mafia colluded with Cuban communists, the Catholic Church, the Soviet Union, the CIA, the US Secret Service, Lyndon Johnson, the military industrial complex, and a southern homosexual cult to assassinate John F. Kennedy. By the time that movie ended, I found myself asking, "This is crazier than Wile E. Coyote scheme. Who wasn't involved?"
You are completely correct in your take as to "Who WASN'T involved?" In fact, according to Dr. Jerome Corsi (a Harvard alumnus), almost everyone you named above was involved. If it wasn't for the evidence, it would be easy to dismiss it all as the imaginings of conspiracy nuts because it DOES sound completely unbelievable.

Anyway, Corsi makes a very convincing case for eliminating the lone gun assassin and tying almost everyone you named above together in the conspiracy and act. In any case, whatever you believe about the JFK assassination, Corsi's books is very fascinating and convincing reading -- despite the fact that it seems that every week someone or something official comes out with more "proof" that it WAS Lee Harvey Oswald acting alone . . . riiiighhhtttt.

Many people will never believe the Warren Commission's report, and I am one of them.

WND Books Who Really Killed Kennedy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 04:56 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
You are completely correct in your take as to "Who WASN'T involved?" In fact, according to Dr. Jerome Corsi (a Harvard alumnus), almost everyone you named above was involved.
I haven't read the book. But that very point is the reason I have a hard time buying most conspiracy theories in general and this conspiracy theory in particular. For this to work, dozens and dozens (perhaps hundreds) of people have to keep the secret. History teaches us that doesn't happen.

The Mafia understands this quite well. "Two men can keep a secret if one of them is dead."

Hundreds of people keeping one of the greatest secrets of the 20th century? That's a stretch.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:24 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,944,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Hundreds of people keeping one of the greatest secrets of the 20th century? That's a stretch.
Well, somebody did whack Jimmy Hoffa in 1975 and though there have been some claims since then, those involved in the Outfit have managed to keep their mouths shut. Or maybe they too swim with the fishes.

I can believe *one* group or agency (say, the Outfit) conspired to assassinate JFK and that they managed to set Oswald up as a patsy -- but multiple groups involved, no.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:16 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times
Does anybody really, really care about this case after half a century? Really???

Old 07-13-2016, 01:37 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
But he didn't explain anything in his half of the minute and 3/4. He gave no theory. What's his theory?
One of the Dulles brothers headed up the plan? Well, that's actually plausible, lol! After what the Dulles brothers orchestrated in Guatemala, it's very plausible.

Shouldn't this topic be under "True Crime" or the History forum?

Old 07-13-2016, 04:13 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
But he didn't explain anything in his half of the minute and 3/4. He gave no theory. What's his theory?
One of the Dulles brothers headed up the plan? Well, that's actually plausible, lol! After what the Dulles brothers orchestrated in Guatemala, it's very plausible.

Shouldn't this topic be under "True Crime" or the History forum?
This is an old thread from way before I was a mod. As the assassination of JFK can be considered an unsolved mystery, I will defer to my predecessors and leave it be.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:26 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,944,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Does anybody really, really care about this case after half a century? Really???
It was the assassination of a president. People still care about the assassination of Abraham Lincoln 150 years ago. Kennedy's assassination happened when I was a junior in high school, and I remember it vividly. I do still care about it because it was a significant event in my life.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:29 PM

4,210 posts, read 4,458,844 times
It was a conspiracy, and a civil case (libel) where a jury was enabled to hear evidence confirmed it.
It's helpful when I don't have to type a lot all over again....
//www.city-data.com/forum/histo...l#post43860730

//www.city-data.com/forum/histo...l#post43759421

//www.city-data.com/forum/histo...l#post41383419

Why does the government cover up Lee Harvey Oswald's files for such a long time and his association with Naval Intelligence Service? The lone gunman's military record has been 'ruled' off limits for 75 years! The historical distance has purposely been established by the government to cover most tracks, and details have been excruciatingly slow in making there way out from bureaucratic burying i.e. cover up and protect those who were complicit.

Old 07-14-2016, 02:26 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
LOL, Oliver Stone is a joke. The guy couldn't even get the friggin' seating right in the film.

Old 07-15-2016, 04:39 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,176,343 times
Been a fan of the JFK film ever since I first saw this in 2004-ish on DVD. Brilliant movie that really makes you think. This is an extremely disturbing/unsettling movie on many levels.

I definitely don't believe everything that's depicted in the film; for example, I believe that the Donald Sutherland character is completely fictitious. I'm sure creative license is taken in other portions of the film as well.

That being said, there are way too many strange occurrences/coincidences that I believe did occur for me to buy unequivocally that Lee Harvey Oswald acted completely alone in this:

1) I believe it was proven that multiple shots did occur during the timeframe when Kennedy was killed. So, how was it possible that LHO was able to fire multiple shots from his old, antiquated rifle in this extremely short period of time?! In fact, did LHO even fire one shot from that rifle? And, even if he did get off at least one shot, if he was the only shooter how was it that witnesses heard shots coming from areas other than the book depository?!

2) LHO was in Russia for a while, and his wife (who he brought back to Dallas) was Russian. This was all during the height of the cold war, i.e. late 1950's/early 1960's. I don't believe this was a coincidence.

3) A while back, I saw a good documentary that presented a compelling argument/evidence that the famous picture of LHO standing on his front lawn with a rifle was "doctored" to make it look like he was doing this...but in actuality was a fake picture.

4) Jack Ruby is a huge question mark. He was a small business owner in Dallas, and he took it upon himself to kill LHO in the basement of the Dallas police station - in front of multiple LE witnesses. Very blatant, and he knew his life was over at that point - he obviously was going to jail for murder, possibly forever (as it turns out, he died in prison). So, do people really think that Ruby threw his life away because he was a patriot & was that upset about the death of JFK?! Give me a break. I believe he was instructed to silence Oswald....

4) As was stated in text towards the end of the film, many "witnesses" to the shooting died in the upcoming years, in many cases mysteriously. I don't believe this was a coincidence either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal