Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 05:41 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,602,228 times

Advertisements

I've heard a lot of people talk about butterflies sometimes being visits from people who have died, and coins being left by people who have died. I believe in a lot of things but this one is a tough one for me because I have a lot of butterflies in my yard and it seems hard to believe that they're anything but my neighborhood butterflies. Same with pennies - I find them and look at the year on the coin (someone said to do that) but can't really think of a connection.

Anyone have any experience with this? I was just curious.

The only very clear experience I have with some inanimate object being some sort of message was this: I was in the middle of one of my existential crises and went to see the film "Hereafter," which had to do with communicating with the dead (great film). I was thinking about my friend's father during the movie - I had that dream about him the night before my dog died and it was my most powerful supernatural experience (I described this in another thread but forgot which one). So I left the theater to walk out to my car and glanced over at this other car in the parking lot - the car had a license place that read "DANCE(my childhood nickname)" (I don't want to put the nickname here). I actually stopped and looked at it for a bit - because it's an unusual nickname, and he called me that. Without question I think I was meant to see it - I had been feeling very down, and it's something he would say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 09:41 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
I knew just from the title what this was about, except where you have a hard time with it. Understandable.
It's not all butterflies, and actually there are sometimes moths.
Which is really interesting because for ages moths and butterflies have been symbolic of death (and rebirth)
A good book about this and other 'communications' is called 'Hello from Heaven'

I have experience with both coin and moths.
The coin: a soul-mate of mine was murdered and at that time, just a missing person because no body had been found. I had just a few of his belongings to mourn over, one was a ballcap he would wear to work. It was 'smelly' but it was about as close to the real thing I could get. I would often smell it, then put it away in a special place. One of those times that I took it down from its place and went about my mourning, when I pulled it away a penny slipped out from under the liner. It had not been there before. I 'inspected' the hat when I first got it, plus all the handling it would have shown up sooner and this was months later.
The year on the penny was 1998, the year he was murdered.

Moths- I think the full version of this is someplace in another discussion, not sure which. But here is the condensed version.
My father was an entomologist (insect scientist) who passed away in October of 1991. He was very environmentally concious long before 'green' became trendy. It was Earthday 1992, I had both my boys out in the yard enjoying the weather. One was a newborn and the other days from being 2. I was thinking about my father, we had a 'bad' relationship, he was a troubled individual. Even though my back was turned towards the spring that was over a football field away, something got my attention enough to turn around and that is when I saw the two bucks (dad was a Gemini). Once we were done looking at eachother and the bucks made thier way down into the brush, something else got my attention. Along the top of the meadow where the grass stops and the bushes and trees start (and where the trail to the spring is), floating down out of the trees and then fluttering up and away towards the spring where hundreds of moths.
The numbers and occurance is nothing mystical, it was the time of year when moths and butterflies emerge from thier cocoons. They had already emerged earlier and had been unfolding and drying thier wings waiting for the sun to warm them us so they could take flight. Of course I did not see them in the trees, the trees are over 60 feet tall. But being my father's daughter, I know the process that moths and butterflies go through. What makes this all significant, the timing and connection to the bigger picture. There were no moths before the bucks, the 'explosion' of moths from the trees coming the moment the deer vanished from sight.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:22 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
Yes, after my great-grandma passed away five years ago, I kept seeing pennies on the ground everywhere.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:38 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
i find pennies and dimes around my house ALL the time----never nickels or quarters??

i have had movers tell me they never saw a house with so many pennies/dimes around

this has occurred in every place i live and i do not have clothes with pockets where they can fall out----and am not careless with money---so go figure???

as to butterflies--garden or not--no matter where i lived i had them around my front door

Old 07-22-2012, 06:30 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
could be anything from a certain insect to a particular flower, a scent,a dove..........different things will be specific to different people.
The vanity plates on that car you spotted would have been very significant to me if I were you. That's pretty awesome.

I recall reading the book Laci Peterson's mother wrote after her daughter's murder. She indicated Laci was fascinated by lady bugs. After her murder and most specifically at times of extreme duress, she would see a lady bug. It meant something to her.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:42 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Some bushes are actually called butterfly bushes and attract them.

This is a post I made about pennies in another thread in here.

//www.city-data.com/forum/24741648-post4.html

Old 07-28-2012, 08:52 PM

311 posts, read 467,341 times
I though the butterfly thing was just something that happed to me. My husbnds mother and my father both passed several yrs ago 1 month apart. After they passed. I was in my backyard. praying for an answer, about relocating, I was going through a rough time. In my yard I was standing in front of a milkweed plant (i think) with a bud on the top of it. All of a sudden 2 butterflies came and just kept flying around the plant. It amazed me how they were hovering. In my mind I was thinking, if this is a message, just let them fly around my head. WELL they did. so There I was crying & laughing at the same time. Where I moved there are always some kind of butterflies in the summer. Last yr when I was in my garden one landed by me, I decided to gently touch it and it just sat there for a while and then flew around me and left.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:13 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flower54 View Post
I though the butterfly thing was just something that happed to me. My husbnds mother and my father both passed several yrs ago 1 month apart. After they passed. I was in my backyard. praying for an answer, about relocating, I was going through a rough time. In my yard I was standing in front of a milkweed plant (i think) with a bud on the top of it. All of a sudden 2 butterflies came and just kept flying around the plant. It amazed me how they were hovering. In my mind I was thinking, if this is a message, just let them fly around my head. WELL they did. so There I was crying & laughing at the same time. Where I moved there are always some kind of butterflies in the summer. Last yr when I was in my garden one landed by me, I decided to gently touch it and it just sat there for a while and then flew around me and left.
lovely experience!! Thanks so much for sharing

Old 07-28-2012, 11:48 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,926,647 times
I did not know that butterflies and coins indicate visits from deceased relatives.

I had something happen a couple of weeks ago - I made a collage, and put it on my altar - I was on the phone with someone who was telling me how important my work in the world was, and I glanced over and my altar was on fire (I had been burning three small candles on a metal tray). I ran the tray into the sink and poured water on it, and the flames flared up, which I thought was weird. All that was left of the collage was a burned picture of a butterfly I had on the collage.

I had been praying the night before. I know the butterfly signifies transformation - but I did not know about the deceased relative. A picture of my deceased father was also on my altar - and was not burned.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:21 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
I read about coins frequently coming to people, finding them, etc. with the book about the afterlife connected to 911 victims/families. I forget who wrote it, but a very good book, including survivor's and familiy's experiences. Very solid book IMO. I really don't know the significance of coins persay. Maybe it's just a useful tool that the spirit or other side uses to communicate. Easier than eggs or wlanuts or cookies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal