Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 09:50 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,386,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
My grandmother swore cows could talk. It's amazing what the mind can make us believe.

The earth is a gazillion years old, people have died all over this planet, including the spot we are sitting at right this moment. People die, animals die, plants and trees die. Death is part of life, it means the end. I think many people are afrid of death and thats where ghosts come in. We want to believe there is more afterwards and that we are able to hang around and watch others live.

That doesn't explain what I grew up with from 15 months old to age 13 when we moved.
My mom told me that she would listen to me talk with the ghosts as early as when I was 2 years old.

She said she didn't write this off as having an imaginary friend because she and my grandmother heard the same voices in the house long before I came along.

There are things beyond this world that we cannot explain.
To simply say that nothing exists past this plane of existence is close minded and shows a lack of acknowledgement that there are things beyond our intellect and understanding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 09:54 AM

659 posts, read 1,015,123 times
schizophrenia, bi polar? Who knows. To accuse someone of being close minded because they don't believe or agree with you is IMHO someone who is closed minded themselves. Because you are not willing to accept any other explanation except their own.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:09 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
schizophrenia, bi polar? Who knows. To accuse someone of being close minded because they don't believe or agree with you is IMHO someone who is closed minded themselves. Because you are not willing to accept any other explanation except their own.

So anyone who believes differently than you is Schizophrenic or bipolar? These are very serious illnesses and nothing to be laughed at or joked about and it is a terrible thing to even say to someone because it insinuates they have either illness and are not properly taking care of themselves.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:16 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
My grandmother swore cows could talk. It's amazing what the mind can make us believe.

The earth is a gazillion years old, people have died all over this planet, including the spot we are sitting at right this moment. People die, animals die, plants and trees die. Death is part of life, it means the end. I think many people are afrid of death and thats where ghosts come in. We want to believe there is more afterwards and that we are able to hang around and watch others live.

Have you ever talked to a cow? They can be quite interesting to have a chat with, wolves and horses are quite amusing as well but dogs and cats are sort of boring most of the time especially the cats, they are so much about them.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:34 AM

659 posts, read 1,015,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
So anyone who believes differently than you is Schizophrenic or bipolar? These are very serious illnesses and nothing to be laughed at or joked about and it is a terrible thing to even say to someone because it insinuates they have either illness and are not properly taking care of themselves.

Try doing it out on public and see what the public's reaction would be and long before someone comes to pick you up.

I think anyone who claims to have talked to an invisible person for that many years needed to be evaluated, not told they were talking to a ghost. Seems like the parent was to blame for putting that thought into their kids head instead of getting them professional help.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:23 AM

15,641 posts, read 26,270,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Sure- I would buy a haunted house...With in days the place would be cleared out of any bothersome entities...Only those who are strong believers would have a problem...I myself simply do not believe in such forces...and belief is what keeps them "alive"
Well -- my husband is a non believer. 100% dyed in the wool non believer. And once, at an Italian friend's house he thought his friend had walked back into the living room, so he turned to him to talk, and there was a little old Italian lady, standing there, smiling at him.

He apologized, she waved it's okay, and his friend walked through the other door and asked who are you talking to? Hubs turned to him and said Your grandmother.

Friend said -- my grandmother lives in Ohio -- she's not here.

Then who was that lady?...

There was no lady....

Hubby is STILL a non believer.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:29 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,748,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
Many people will never believe until they have their own experience.
That's me. And even if I did have some sort of experience, depending on what exactly happened there could still be a non-supernatural explanation for it. Infrasound comes to mind. I'm certainly not closed to the idea of ghosts (or an afterlife, or god(s), etc), I just haven't personally experienced anything that would suggest they exist.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:07 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,829,493 times
My uncle's ex girlfriend used to be a non believer of anything supernatural, until she had her own experiences.

Years ago when her two youngest were little kids, she lived in an old house that was haunted. Of course she didn't believe it was haunted at first, even when her kids told her about the little blonde girl that came and said goodnight to them every single night. She just chalked it up as an imaginary friend.

Well some months later there was a knock on the door. Two elderly women, the house's previous owners, had been passing by the area and asked if they could visit for a few minutes just to see the old place once again. She agreed and let them in. Well they got to talking and suddenly one of the women asked her if she ever had any visitors in the house. My uncle's ex thought this a very strange questioned, and answered that yes, she wasnt at all antisocial and did indeed have visitors over once in a while. The woman said no, not that kind of visitor, a spiritual visitor. She then went on to describe to the detail the very same blonde girl her boys had been telling her about for months. From that day forward she has been a firm believer of the paranormal.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:15 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,728 times
"Would you knowingly purchase a home that was haunted?"

Yeppers. I live in one now. It can get pretty creepy, but also fun. It's also very good motivation for my 5 younger brothers and sisters to do what they're told, because if they don't, who knows what kind of ghost will visit them

Old 09-11-2012, 07:41 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,386,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
"Would you knowingly purchase a home that was haunted?"

Yeppers. I live in one now. It can get pretty creepy, but also fun. It's also very good motivation for my 5 younger brothers and sisters to do what they're told, because if they don't, who knows what kind of ghost will visit them

Please tell us more about your home.

Concerning my house that prompted this topic; Many family members that I'm close to live in the Alton and St.Louis, MO area.

They have kept an eye out on the house since we left in 1977.
The longest anyone has lived in the house since we left has been just over two years.It has sat vacant for extended periods of time.

Approx ten years ago my cousin noticed it was for sale again and watched what was happening.
As the family was outside with a moving van she stopped and asked why the house was up for sale.

The woman who you could tell was the head of the family stated to talk to their realtor and went back to doing whatever she was doing.

My cousin did call their realtor, she stated that the family was moving due to the death of that woman's husband.

Her husband passed a way from a heart attack inside the home.
Since we left in 1977 three people have died in our former home.

My grandmother died of heart failure in the house in 1976.

In 36 years that makes four people that have died that can be confirmed.

All I know is that the house loved our family.
We made peace with what and with whom was there and is still there.

Are the deaths of these people besides my grandmother related to the house?
Who really knows.

All I know is that I know what I grew up with and it wasn't from this plane of existence.

All of us are going to die and when we do we'll know what's going on.
Until that time keep debating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal