Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 06:09 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,385,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Collect ouija boards??
Why not, I collect vintage morgue equipment.

Yes your Ouija board can have an attachment brought about by a previous owners session(s).
In this case you an either embrace the entity or burn the Ouija board in an attempt to remove the entity from it by destroying the vehicle for it.

If the entity has migrated from the board and into your home it would already be too late to do anything about it by ridding yourself of the board.

Either way your in for a fantastic and eery experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 07:49 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,076,143 times
Keep us updated on any weird events or strange happenings.
There was a good website I used to go to, Shadowlands Ghosts and hauntings. Now I get the Norton warning about it being a dangerous websie with possible malicious spyware or virus. Anybody else get that message? They had a forum on ouija boards. George Noori also warns people against using them. If you're worried, maybe just praying over it when you get it( or before you get it) might help.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:20 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Using a Quija board is akin to leaving your front door open. You don't know who will wander in.

If the original owner of the board didn't know how to close that door ( there is information on this from various Wicca forums) then you could be asking for trouble.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:15 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Using a Quija board is akin to leaving your front door open. You don't know who will wander in.

If the original owner of the board didn't know how to close that door ( there is information on this from various Wicca forums) then you could be asking for trouble.
Yes. I agree with that analogy and I've made it myself.

However collecting then and using them are different things. In mt case, given my history, I would not have one in my home nor would I handle one. I would not mind seeing someones collection though.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:16 PM

12,777 posts, read 14,987,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You should actually burn them all and get them out of your home, but that is my opinion and all the members of my clan will not ever have, touch nor be involved with one.
I totally agree! I've never been interested in them or had one, but I'm a religious person, so I'm not into all this kind of stuff. The paranormal does give me the creeps though, so I don't want any part of any of it!

Old 09-24-2012, 08:58 PM

8,558 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Now, I'll tell you my take on these boards
As a kid, they were nothing more than a game to amuse us, but now in later life I have a whole different perspective on them,
As any one who frequents this forum knows, I have been involved in years of research pertaining to spirits, and I have learned there are good as well as evil spirits.
There are elevated spirits,spirits of lower rank, and there are what we refer to as lost spirits.
These lost spirits are the ones that concern me most when it comes to Ouija boards.
When a spirit disembarks from it's human bondage upon the death of that human, more often than not, it returns to the comfortable world of the spirits.
There it will meet and greet old friends, and will stay until such time that it feels the need to re-incarnate once again.
Many times when a human body passes quickly, and unexpectedly, as in an accident, or shooting, the spirit is forced to retreat from the body.
When these souls extricate themselves from the human body, they are being held back from reaching the spirit world because they were not ready to give up their human existence, and as a result are neither in the human existence, nor are they in the spirit world.
They are somewhere in between, and as is the case in many instances, they search many means in which to return to their human body.
As I have experienced myself when I first got involved in EVP, I had an occasion I later learned was a wayward spirit trying to use my voice communication as a means to return to the corporeal life.
I is not possible for a spirit to return to a life it has just given up, though many try in vain.
Spirits not only think, but most of their actions are as a result of thought, and the thoughts of others.
Those spirits who are searching for a return to the corporeal existence of the human flesh, often pick up on humans thought processes.
People sitting down with a Ouija Board are one good example of how spirits pick up on thought waves.
People who are in contact with these boards are subconsciously giving out thought that they are expecting some sort of spiritual reaction from these boards, and in doing so, transmit that thought to a spirit who is looking for open passage to this world.
The human thought wave is that passage.
So when one feels results from a Ouija Board, the result is usually that of a spirit seeking to return to the corporeal life it was use too.
When the spirit finds it is only a scheme to deny it of it's place in the human form, it usually will retaliate in a harmful manner.
Thus the term evil spirit becomes so closely related to the Ouija Board.

Bob.

Last edited by CALGUY; 09-24-2012 at 09:12 PM..

Old 09-25-2012, 01:22 AM

32,941 posts, read 36,369,350 times
"So, should I be concerned?"

Naw, you'll be fine. If you were going to have a problem with old boards, you'd know by now. I would not pay too much attention to that board. Admire it as a new purchase then put it with the other boards. I wouldn't cleanse it, smudge it or treat it as anything more special other than a nice find. Not sure why, but I feel that paying too much attention to it is the thing that might invite trouble.

Did you just buy the one with the ship? It's a beauty!

Old 09-26-2012, 04:26 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,159,916 times
Victorian era and the occult sounds fascinating. I just added that book to my wish list.

I'm curious how you store them in the bedroom? I'd love to see a picture!! I never thought of collecting ouija boards, and I don't think I ever will (I collect fine china sets, particularly made in England, and I barely have enough room for it!) but I'm totally curious of your collection. Wish I could see it!

Old 09-26-2012, 07:03 PM

652 posts, read 874,362 times
I don't believe Ouija boards are haunted. I do believe they bring some of the most interesting and evil demons this world has ever seen or known.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:08 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
Hello, I collect Ouija/Talking boards. I think they are an amazing form of folk art and they covey quite a bit about our history. I have several boards that date back to the Victorian age and the beginning of Spiritualism, as well as modern ones, and many in between. Although I am a passionate collector, I never play with them and in fact, never have. Obviously eventhough I have a bedroom filled with probably close to a hundred boards, I have never experienced any wierdness in my home, no haunting type activity at all. I do believe that spirits and non-human malevolent entities do exist, however I have never experienced anything of the sort.

Well, I often find my boards on Ebay. This last week I found a type of board I collect and I won the auction and it is on its way to my home via UPS. What's different this time is the seller of the board claims it has an "attatchment" and that the board is haunted and that she experienced paranormal activity after she brought it into her home. I don't know wether to laugh(my first reaction), or to actually be concerned. Could this board really bring activity into my home? Is this woman only trying to market her item in a clever way? Should I "smudge" the board? As I said before, I have a house filled with Ouija boards and have never had any paranormal activity. So, should I be concerned?
I've tried to get several different Ouija boards to work in my lifetime but they never have. I think it's all hooey. Just enjoy your board, this "attachment" thing is all in the guy's mind that sold it to you.

20yrsinbranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal