Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2013, 01:12 PM

149 posts, read 343,256 times

Advertisements

I enjoy following the shows about Bigfoot.My husband spend as much time as we can in the Danial Boone in Ky.When we were younger we spent time there alot.Our familys thought we were crazy for it.
We have really spent the best most relaxing times of our lives together there.Years ago I wrote a song about it.
I really do belive that Bigfoots may exist.Why not?If you follow all of the info that is out there about them it does seem to add up.
We pretty much know all of the CALLS OF THE WILD have heard and identified them at one time or the other.
There is a time we hiked down to the Cumberland River to spend two nights and fish and explore,this was the most unexplained and sceariest time I have ever known.
It makes me wonder if it wasnt a Bigfoot envolved in this.We have been able to rule out lots of possibilities for the most part,but there is always that unusual case I suppose.
We had arrived at the river along with our Pit Bull Rowedy which was a very agressive too agressive dog.We later had to get rid of him after he killed a neighbors goat and tried to attack my brothers stud horse with him on it!
We sat up our tent on top of the nice bank area with the river just below.We put everything in order and went over the bank to fish for dinner.We built up a small fire in our camp area before going to fish and started one lantern also for extra light.
We had gotten a few good bites but no catch.
As we were going back up the bank to our camp area,Rowedy was in front and started with a low groweling,we were right behind him and could see a BIG snake craweling from a Huge Boulder that was about 5 ft. away from our tent,headed right for the tent.It was so big that it actually streached from the rock almost to the tent.
A Copperhead!My husband shot and killed it with a 22 pistol.
We let Rowedy play with it as we made some Pork Chops and had our dinner.We had extra pork that we were going to save and make for breakfast so my husband climbed up on the Boulder and put them up there so Rowdey wouldnt be after them.
After a good while watching our dog play and sling the snake around as we were discussing that we were lucky to have killed it because it was RIGHT in the camp area and would surely have tried to bite us.
We were about 3 miles down over the mountain side,we hadnt saw a sign of anyone else as we were comming in.
My husband turned the outside lanturn down and the fire was starting to grow dimmer as well.
We turned in for the night.
My husband falls to sleep fast,he was already gone.Rowdey was laying right outside the tent opening and all was quiet.
All at once Rowdeyjumped straight up without even groweling first and started going crazy I mean crazy I had never seen him act so shook up!He was doing the snarelling tooth showing along with the full attack bark and had his back side right up to the tent flap,I thought he was going to tear down the tent!Were like What the heck is going on?We knew something was pretty close on us the way that Rowdey was acting.
Without ado my husband grabbed his 22 and steped out just in front of the tent and shot several times into the darkness of the forest.
After this Rowdey started to calm down a bit,we layed back down and spoke quietley about what that was.At that point it could have been several things,but One thing for sure iT WAS CLOSE and I dont belive our dog had ever smelled this sneeky whatever before because he was too shook up,to the point that he didnt want any part of it.
Heres the kicker!We tried to return to getting some rest or atleast my husband tried and then out of the blue or should I say darkness came a BIG CRACK SOUND...CLOSE...REAL CLOSE...IT SOUNDED LIKE SOMEONE HAD JUST STEPED ON AND BROKE A 6IN TREE....INTO..
I about died right there!My knees were ACTUALLY KNOCKING and wouldnt stop...The dog went crazier than before and Steve steped out with his 30/30 rifle this time and mowed the forest down!!Im almost crying,Steve got he flashlight and reloaded.We had to let Rowedy lay down in the front on the inside with us of the tent.Steve got the pork chop down off the rock and fead it to Rowedy and then we just laid there waiting untill day break.
As soon as it got light out we packed up and moved on up the river a good ways.All three of us were on extra guard untill we were completely out of the woods on this trip.We did stay the next night as planed.Whatever that was didnt bother us the second night....What would be brave enough to try and sneek back for the 2nd time after being shot at once already?Most all animals after a close up gunfire are afraid and run off...???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 02:17 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,061,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grettastone View Post
As soon as it got light out we packed up and moved on up the river a good ways.All three of us were on extra guard untill we were completely out of the woods on this trip.We did stay the next night as planed.Whatever that was didnt bother us the second night....What would be brave enough to try and sneek back for the 2nd time after being shot at once already?Most all animals after a close up gunfire are afraid and run off...???????
Wouldn't it be most likely to be a large bear rather than a Big Foot? I remember growing up in southwestern PA. We had woods around us. I heard stories back then of Big Foot going through the area. I think those stories were probably made up.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:23 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Wouldn't it be most likely to be a large bear rather than a Big Foot? I remember growing up in southwestern PA. We had woods around us. I heard stories back then of Big Foot going through the area. I think those stories were probably made up.
Did you ever spend a night alone in the woods without a campfire?

Old 04-09-2013, 04:40 PM

24,495 posts, read 17,239,538 times
My wife doesn't believe in them at all. I think they are just to scary for her. She thinks all the sightings ar hoaxes and the foot prints are from some guy with special shoes. She is still the best though. Recently we took a trip up to upstate NY and while driving we passed by some really interesting areas and guess what she said..
"That sure looks SQUATCHY in there" I think she might be coming around.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:50 PM

580 posts, read 965,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
My experience with Bigfoot is in another discussion here...no need to tell it again.
But I think it's quite probable with all the things that we do have, we just don't have enough for solid proof.
There are a few theories as to why no bones.
As for man taming more of the wilderness, it may seem that way to those accustomed to living in cities and heading to a state park or campground for the 'wild & nature' experience.
However, there are parts of wilderness that, while man may own it, he has never seen it or walked it. I lived on a 1,200 acre piece in Northern California. It had some rolling hills and meadows for the cattle, but there were parts inbetween that was way rugged, steep and heavily wooded. No body went there. When standing at the top of a ridge along side the dirt road, one can see the valley that runs north and south for miles. From that vantage point, there is only one other house visible. Other than that, it is wild country. Anything or anyone could live out there and never -be seen- by another human if that's what they wanted.
That's the same between Cedar City and Las Vegas. The only two major cities you pass are Mesquite and St. George/Hurricane. The rest is farmland, forest, and mountains. Once in a while there's a house or something but it's mostly empty. You never know what lives out there.

Alaska is very sparsely populated from what I understand. I've heard of people going into the woods up there and getting completely lost. There is a big chance sasquatches live out there if they exist.

I'm not saying they exist or not but there are still a lot of places where they can hide.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:35 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,832,292 times
I do think they are real. I wish the shows would show us some kind of evidence instead of just theorizing on things and the usual tune in next week for more evidence.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:58 PM

355 posts, read 869,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Go camping in Eastern Oklahoma for awhile. You will definitely believe something is out there. Sit in camp at night with no fire, you need to get your night vision to it's highest level. All kinds of scents will draw one in to check you out. You will be very lucky to actually see one(you may see part of it). When and if one comes around and start stomping the brush throwing rocks at you or making all kinds of weird noises then you will be rethinking the whole subject. Don't take people that will freak out on you. Leave the little kids at home. Keep a close eye on any kid at all.
Running around shooting guns and having a bunch of guys sitting around the camp is the quickest way to not have an experience.Most action starts after midnight and the most is the two hours or so before day light.
The Creeks:Remember they always follow the creeks. Ignore at least 99% of the shows you see about Bigfoot.
In the event that you see one standing there looking at you and not that far away and it is swaying from side to side then immediately turn and look behind you because that one in front is just getting you to watch him so another one can sneak closer to take a look at you.
Great sport for those not weak of spirit.
If you are being serious, this is one of the most amazing Bigfoot posts I have ever read.

I think it is highly plausible that even in our modern digital age, there are creatures yet to be discovered (or officially recognized) by man. Deep ocean biologists prove this regularly. There are still many wide swaths of land out west that are very sparse with people in which something the size of Bigfoot could easily survive, thrive and remain hidden. If only someone could bait and trap one in a humane fashion. Then just take photo and video evidence and a small blood sample, maybe some hair and release it. You wouldn't want Bigfoot to spend its life behind glass in a zoo, would you? Maybe it thinks we would do that to him or her?

Old 04-09-2013, 10:22 PM

339 posts, read 832,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
I do think they are real. I wish the shows would show us some kind of evidence instead of just theorizing on things and the usual tune in next week for more evidence.
I remember one time years ago on the news, they did pretty much have proof in the form of a hair at the sighting of a big foot, it was tested and analyzed and determined to not belong to any known species of animal on record. They still didn't want to admit it was a big foot because they didn't have a previous big foot hair to compare it to. So even with proof they still try to find a way to deny it. They would only say that it belonged to an unknown species even though people reported having seen a big foot in the exact spot where they found the hair that belonged to an unknown species.

Some people feel better when they can explain everything and when something can't be explained they feel better denying it.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottenChester View Post
If you are being serious, this is one of the most amazing Bigfoot posts I have ever read.

I think it is highly plausible that even in our modern digital age, there are creatures yet to be discovered (or officially recognized) by man. Deep ocean biologists prove this regularly. There are still many wide swaths of land out west that are very sparse with people in which something the size of Bigfoot could easily survive, thrive and remain hidden. If only someone could bait and trap one in a humane fashion. Then just take photo and video evidence and a small blood sample, maybe some hair and release it. You wouldn't want Bigfoot to spend its life behind glass in a zoo, would you? Maybe it thinks we would do that to him or her?

Yes Sir. All i said is true. Free camping back in those mountains. I do think you are supposed to get some type of permit. We didn't know about it and never saw anyone hardly at all. Oh yes. Be sure to take GPS with you and be sure you know how to use it or you will surely have trouble returning to camp if you go driving around. Those Mountains are so steep and rough and brush so thick, i think you won't go too far on foot. You just might have an experience you will never forget.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:17 AM

Go to You Tube and search for Videos by MK DAVIS. MK Davis is very well accepted by those really into BF/Haddick research. From stabilization of PATTY frames and a whole collection of other tapes sent to him for analysis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal