Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 06:58 PM

8,564 posts, read 10,987,037 times

Advertisements

I think this will be an interesting thread.
What are your thoughts about what happens to us, and do we continue on to some other realm once we die?
Now remember, not all views and opinions will agree with your's, so no arguments please.
If you don't agree with a particular view,if you need too, say so in a nice way.
If you are of a particular belief, and have something to add that could back up your belief, I am sure we would like to know about it.
Bob.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:42 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,748,189 times
I think probably nothing happens, because (so far) I've never gotten to ask someone who's died. I think if something does happen, it'll be completely different than anything we would ever expect.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:01 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,451,680 times
I think we reincarnate.

And where and in what form is all dependent upon how much spiritual development and karmic ramifications we’ve accumulated during our lifetime.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:06 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,800,328 times
I think our souls instantly leave our bodies and then of course become spirits. Our spirit joins those who have passed before us in a place so wondrous we won't even know what to look at first. Anything we want-all we have to do is imagine it and we have it.
We can visit those who remain on earth as easily as walking through a door.
We choose to reincarnate-or NOT; it's not an automatic given.

I've connected with many who have passed on. This information was rec. from them.
I have no doubts and have no fear of dying.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I think our souls instantly leave our bodies and then of course become spirits. Our spirit joins those who have passed before us in a place so wondrous we won't even know what to look at first. Anything we want-all we have to do is imagine it and we have it.
We can visit those who remain on earth as easily as walking through a door.
We choose to reincarnate-or NOT; it's not an automatic given.

I've connected with many who have passed on. This information was rec. from them.
I have no doubts and have no fear of dying.
I share your beliefs entirely, and have had enough spirit contact over the years to know where of I speak.
Bob.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:42 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I share your beliefs entirely, and have had enough spirit contact over the years to know where of I speak.
Bob.
Bob you are confusing me. If you beleive that it is our choice to renicarnate or not. I find that this does not complement what you said in the other thread.

Quote:
Here they reside until such time as they are judged.
They are judged by a group of other spirits of higher rank and class.
These spirits are called the Elders.
They are spirits who have elevated their rank in the spirit world by doing good,as opposed too any evil.
These elders may be, in human terms, millions of years old, or may be much younger.
In the spirit world, there is no time, only rank, and class.
When a returning spirit enters this realm, they meet and greet those they know, and settle in, waiting to be judged.
Upon judgement, a spirit can either be elevated to a higher rank, or remain at the same rank, but never regress to a lower rank.
The sole purpose of a spirit re-incarnating is to learn from previous mistakes, and life existences, and advance in rank, until it has reached ultimate purity, which is necessary for it to ascend to what we humans call heaven.
This elevation into heaven could take many, many re-incarnations, perhaps millions of them to finally achieve the ultimate purity needed.
Many may never achieve this ultimate goal.
Bob.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:20 PM

577 posts, read 992,979 times
I'll toss my two cents in....my thinking here judging from NDE's and spirit communication over the past 100+ years is that when someone dies, they are met by family and others they were close to on earth. From that point they go through the life review to see their mistakes/what they have learned in their life. From there depending on the level of the soul, they are either fast tracked or slowly introduced to the place they will reside in. For many the level they go to is what the old time spiritualists referred to as "Summerland". That is the place where you can imagine what you want and it appears etc..

Reincarnation is an option for those souls who want to "move up the ladder" quicker. Elders meet with you to go over your life, however I don't believe they are judging you necessarily as much as simply helping you realize where you may have tripped up in life, and how to work on those aspects to improve them. The idea is to eventually move up through the different levels to what I suppose would be thought of as heaven.

A great website I found sometime ago on the subject is written by a man named Michael Prescott. He goes over pretty much all the afterlife scenarios and reviews books on the subject from the most recently released to old spirit contact books from the 19th and early 20th century. Strong commenters as well. well worth a look if your interested in the topic.

Michael Prescott's Blog

Old 01-29-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Bob you are confusing me. If you beleive that it is our choice to renicarnate or not. I find that this does not complement what you said in the other thread.
I am not sure what it is that is confusing you.
Read the post that I quoted, and it states just about everything I have said regarding re-incarnation.
It would be better if you could explain why you are a little confused.
I don't see any contradiction .
Bob.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:40 PM

35 posts, read 68,960 times
Default Hi to all

The Holy Scripture, tells us there will be life after after death. I am however, open to all options! To believe, we are not alone is to believe something or someone is out there. I choose to believe, God exist!!!!!

Old 01-29-2013, 10:50 PM

Quote:
I am not sure what it is that is confusing you.
Read the post that I quoted, and it states just about everything I have said regarding re-incarnation.
It would be better if you could explain why you are a little confused.
I don't see any contradiction .
Bob.
Oh OK

You claim that you also agree that a person has the choice to reincarnate or not. But in your other post you give a very long description about the soul waiting to be judged to either be elevated or remain at the same rank. Then you talk about the purpose of the soul to reincarnate. So I took it as you saying they get judged and elevated or they get judged and reincarnate. Seems as if they have no choice which is in contradiction to your new post in that you also believe that spirits have a choice to reincarnate or not. Below is what you said that confuses me with your new claim.
Upon judgement, a spirit can either be elevated to a higher rank, or remain at the same rank, but never regress to a lower rank.
The sole purpose of a spirit re-incarnating is to learn from previous mistakes, and life existences, and advance in rank, until it has reached ultimate purity, which is necessary for it to ascend to what we humans call heaven.
This elevation into heaven could take many, many re-incarnations, perhaps millions of them to finally achieve the ultimate purity needed.
I personally believe that many souls don't get a choice. For example the horrible evil human on planet earth that suddenly dies and it was his first time around on planet earth and he has not learned a thing and also culminated a ton of bad karma...do you think they get the luxury of deciding if they are going to reincarnate or not? I don't think they get a choice.

Last edited by TVC15; 01-29-2013 at 11:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal