Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 05:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,649 times

Advertisements

I do believe that the new pope will be the last. Everything is coming together to usher in the new world order. The time has come, and we are the generation to see the many bad things to come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 06:50 PM

311 posts, read 467,430 times
I've just read some of St Malacy's..and don't know what will happen. But the day the Pope said he was resigning St Peter's Basillica, in Rome was hit with lightening. I heard it on tv and then saw it on youtube. You have to wonder about that!!!

Old 02-16-2013, 07:14 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
I think that there are so many predictions by so many people and only a few actually come to pass, and that is usually random, meaning no one person is constantly hitting the nail on the head.

We are left with what we started with, our lives and how to live them the best we can.

It appears as though some people in the West are talking about the New World Order and the end times coming, forecasting the downfall of civilization - yet, on the other side, we find third world nations and the lives of their citizens actually seeing some improvement.

Change is inevitable, no?

Are the factors that are improving the lives of people across the globe evil? I don't think so.

On the other hand, if the powers that be, in control of things are evil, I don't believe that the majority are any more so than the majority of us. They came from the same culture, no? If we had the background and influence of some of them, would we do any better?

I think we are so quick to judge others, cite outside influences and feel persecuted. If we look at history, it seems that every time an old regime was toppled and a new installed, it too becomes corrupted. It is because each and every one of us looks out for our own self interest and if an opportunity comes our way for more, we usually take it.

So this prophecy may or may not be true, like all others. Maybe the Catholic Church has served its purpose and it's time.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:57 AM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
I dont think the powers that be are 'evil' as such, but I do not think that we humans are in control of our own destiny.

Going out on a very long branch here...
There is a lot of evidence from many different places and from people in different branches of the military (not just USA) who say that there are ET beings here running things. Look up the Disclosure Project if you want to go down that rabbit hole.

IF (and it is a very big IF) any of that is true, then an alien race would have technology much better than ours and all that that entails (ie control, and agendas which are not human-friendly) If they were human-friendly agendas, why would they be kept hidden?

I cannot help feeling that the strangle-hold that we humans are being subjected to, with our freedoms and rights being eaten away, must come to an end soon. Presidents and monachy are just puppets and figure heads with the real controllers as behind the scenes manipulators.

The Vatican and the Pope is as much a President or monach in his own country as the US President or UK Queen is in theirs and may be subject to the same controls too.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:17 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,504,944 times
Well - a Paul was not elected

Old 03-14-2013, 08:36 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I get the feeling this guy will be another interim Pope, one thats only supposed to serve for a period of time until someone else they have in mind is ready. But he looks to be a nice enough guy and South America can use someone in their corner with all the problems they've been having.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:39 AM

428 posts, read 643,807 times
nice enough guy?
he's totally anti gay! how is that nice at all?!

Old 03-14-2013, 09:36 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
Well, St. Malachy said this Pope is "Peter of Rome." Since his given name is Jorge and his chosen name is Francis, then we don't get an obvious "Peter of Rome." But maybe something will come up that's symbolic. Maybe he'll end up doing or experiencing something similar to St. Peter? Also, even though he is from Argentina, his parents were immigrants from Italy--I wonder if the family was from the vicinity of Rome?

Old 03-14-2013, 10:04 AM

1,716 posts, read 3,584,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Well, St. Malachy said this Pope is "Peter of Rome." Since his given name is Jorge and his chosen name is Francis, then we don't get an obvious "Peter of Rome." But maybe something will come up that's symbolic. Maybe he'll end up doing or experiencing something similar to St. Peter? Also, even though he is from Argentina, his parents were immigrants from Italy--I wonder if the family was from the vicinity of Rome?
You're really going out on a limb...

Old 03-14-2013, 10:33 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
Just having fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal