Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2013, 10:02 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,067,083 times

Advertisements

Lately I noticed I often dream of a particular girl I was somewhat close with when I was a school girl. No big deal but going through some papers this morning, I found a random page where I wrote down a dream I had about 3 years ago, and I dreamt about her then too! Anyone have frequent dreams about a particular person and later find out , in waking life why it was that you were thinking of them so often subconsciously? Or could it just be my childhood and trying to sort something out from then? Please share your stories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 07:25 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Lately I noticed I often dream of a particular girl I was somewhat close with when I was a school girl. No big deal but going through some papers this morning, I found a random page where I wrote down a dream I had about 3 years ago, and I dreamt about her then too! Anyone have frequent dreams about a particular person and later find out , in waking life why it was that you were thinking of them so often subconsciously? Or could it just be my childhood and trying to sort something out from then? Please share your stories.
When I found this post, I asked my wife to read it. Her first comment was to pat me on the shoulder and say "Good. You're not alone!". This is a very shortened version of a very long story. I had continuing dreams over a number of months about a girl I went to Junior High School with, and had not seen or thought about for over forty years. She was in the operating room with me, talking me out of knee surgery. One of the details of the dream was that in order for me to understand what was happening, I needed to check with someone that I knew - who turned out to be a psychic. In her analysis of the details of the dream, she suggested that I have a check-up for a potential "circulatory" problem, and look for an alterative to knee surgery for my ailing knee. The alternative led me to learn about something called reflexology. When I looked for a local reflexologist, it turned out to be the girl in the dream with whom I went to school. She had just become a licensed reflexologist. The "circulatory" problem turned out to be Stage IV Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Yes, your dreams do tell you some interesting things ... sometimes, things you couldn't possibly know.

Last edited by Gone-2-Beach; 03-12-2013 at 08:18 AM..

Old 03-12-2013, 03:19 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,067,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
When I found this post, I asked my wife to read it. Her first comment was to pat me on the shoulder and say "Good. You're not alone!". This is a very shortened version of a very long story. I had continuing dreams over a number of months about a girl I went to Junior High School with, and had not seen or thought about for over forty years. She was in the operating room with me, talking me out of knee surgery. One of the details of the dream was that in order for me to understand what was happening, I needed to check with someone that I knew - who turned out to be a psychic. In her analysis of the details of the dream, she suggested that I have a check-up for a potential "circulatory" problem, and look for an alterative to knee surgery for my ailing knee. The alternative led me to learn about something called reflexology. When I looked for a local reflexologist, it turned out to be the girl in the dream with whom I went to school. She had just become a licensed reflexologist. The "circulatory" problem turned out to be Stage IV Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Yes, your dreams do tell you some interesting things ... sometimes, things you couldn't possibly know.
Thank you for this response. I will pay better attention to what is going on with this girl when I next dream of her. I hope you are well. Take care and thank you for the interesting story too.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:10 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Thank you for this response. I will pay better attention to what is going on with this girl when I next dream of her. I hope you are well. Take care and thank you for the interesting story too.
You're most welcome ... and I'm doing great, thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal