Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 08:30 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times

Advertisements

My favorite book in this subject is "journey of souls" .... whereas I always got a bad taste in my mouth reading or listening to some of these people, like Sylvia Browne, I just get this vibe from "Journey of Souls" that this is actually how life after death functions.

Reincarnation, cluster groups, etc.

My grandmother had a near death experience when she was much younger due to an allergic reaction to something given to her at a hospital, and while on her way to "the light" saw someone who told her it was not her time yet, that she has to raise her children (my mother, aunt, and uncle) ... so she has not feared death during her life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 11:54 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
My favorite book in this subject is "journey of souls" .... whereas I always got a bad taste in my mouth reading or listening to some of these people, like Sylvia Browne, I just get this vibe from "Journey of Souls" that this is actually how life after death functions.

Reincarnation, cluster groups, etc.

My grandmother had a near death experience when she was much younger due to an allergic reaction to something given to her at a hospital, and while on her way to "the light" saw someone who told her it was not her time yet, that she has to raise her children (my mother, aunt, and uncle) ... so she has not feared death during her life.
There were two women at my past church who had both had NDEs. One lady got up and said "I'm not afraid to die--I already have before and it was beautiful and I had the whole experience and went thru the tunnel." This woman had always been extremely sincere and honest and I had no doubt of what she said. She did not mention meeting Jesus but did mention a beautiful being. The other woman said it was just a blank for her and she saw nothing, and this kind of jibes with what I knew of her character also as she had been severely abused in her life and was abandoned on a street corner at 3. For someone like that, I imagine that rest would be prescribed and it just goes to show that not all have the same experience. Both women have since passed away. I find these stories so comforting that I'm not afraid to die either. Well I"m afraid of the stuff leading up to it but death not at all.

I'll look for the book you mentioned--I can't stand reading stuff that doesn't feel right and if I smell a rat, it turns out I"m usually right. I mean, who am I to say that they didn't have their experience and yet. . I still can just tell whether they're writing for money or some other agenda and that kid sure seemed like he'd been coached.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal