Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 03:43 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,997,816 times

Advertisements

This movie made me cry.

I'm not nearly as strong an empath as John Coffey is in the movie but can you imagine being that strong of an empath? It was so bad he wanted to die because he kept picking up on all the negative energy in the world.

I'm pretty good at reading people and I'm able to pick up on what others are feeling or the vibe in a room but it doesn't get to me the way I hear it does with other empaths. I had to learn how to create an environment that was conducive to my own well-being.

But is anyone here very strong in the empath department? Almost to the point that you're a reader? Does it affect your life tremendously for good or for bad?

Being an empath has become a gift for me. My mate admires that quality about me and being able to read people allows me to know what angle to approach them and what to say and not to say, etc etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 09:08 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
This movie made me cry.

I'm not nearly as strong an empath as John Coffey is in the movie but can you imagine being that strong of an empath? It was so bad he wanted to die because he kept picking up on all the negative energy in the world.

I'm pretty good at reading people and I'm able to pick up on what others are feeling or the vibe in a room but it doesn't get to me the way I hear it does with other empaths. I had to learn how to create an environment that was conducive to my own well-being.

But is anyone here very strong in the empath department? Almost to the point that you're a reader? Does it affect your life tremendously for good or for bad?

Being an empath has become a gift for me. My mate admires that quality about me and being able to read people allows me to know what angle to approach them and what to say and not to say, etc etc.
i didnt know what it was called til reading your post (empath)

i always identified it as a sixth sense of awareness...
i had to shut down alot,,because i got very good at reading people, and it was a distraction,,,,

Old 07-09-2013, 10:33 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
i didnt know what it was called til reading your post (empath)

i always identified it as a sixth sense of awareness...
i had to shut down alot,,because i got very good at reading people, and it was a distraction,,,,
The term empath is a bit of a misnomer and a little confusing. Technically speaking a psychic empath is one who is clairsentient- clear feeling (like clairvoyant is 'clear seeing').
Both hubs and I are clairsentients. Most of the time I am pretty well grounded and sheilded, however there have been times when I have gotten ill from another person's energy. Was not fun.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:08 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,449,471 times
I have never heard of that term but I certainly have a very keen intuitive side. I can read people a mile away.

I often times feel the human and animal suffering on this planet. Sometimes it really saddens me even though I am generally a very happy go lucky soul

Yes I am the Earth Bound Misfit but a very kind one.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:52 AM

207 posts, read 336,419 times
I am also an empath. I hit it off with most people very well, right away, which can end up being good or not so good. Sometimes people want you to start working for them, or hanging out at their house, and I'm just not really that type of person. I get along great, but very reserved when it comes to starting meaningful relationships. More of a stop by when someone's having a party, and they get all excited I'm there, (as do I) and end up having an absolute blast!

Then for me there are the people that wear their emotions on their face, and by their body language and most of the time I can't stand to be around them. When I can see someone is hating on me by their look or vibe I just lose respect for them, and try to be as cool and nice with them as possible until we part ways.

Overall I love it though. It's like the instant personality test which is great for me because I love to please people and it's so easy to do once I spend a couple of mins with someone. What a great way to live if you ask me!!!

Old 07-12-2013, 01:03 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
Gotta admit, "The Green Mile" made me cry too. It was really a clever retelling of the the Jesus story which is probably why it pushes buttons so easily.

Sadly it is very a true observation of human nature as well. Humans always seem to fear and try to destroy that which we cannot understand... even when our hearts tell us otherwise.

Last edited by Chango; 07-12-2013 at 02:00 PM..

Old 07-14-2013, 04:56 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
One of my favs!

Old 07-20-2013, 04:05 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,824,290 times
im an empath, i usually keep it in control and keep my gaurd up. Having sociopathic tendancies helps a lot. If not, I can be hit hard especially with spirits.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:29 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,449,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
im an empath, i usually keep it in control and keep my gaurd up. Having sociopathic tendancies helps a lot. If not, I can be hit hard especially with spirits.
How does having sociopathic tendencies help

I truly would like to hear how you think this helps...helps what?

Old 07-20-2013, 02:11 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times
I am an empath, and I am very selective about where I go, who I go with, where I stay, etc. I can protect myself reasonably well in day-to-day social interactions, but I have to avoid large crowds, ghettos, or places where drug addicts congregate (the energy makes me physically and emotionally sick).

I have a hard time protecting myself with family because of the connections. I try prayer and that usually works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal