Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 07:43 AM

2,744 posts, read 4,235,557 times

Advertisements

It's a little strange, but I feel the spirit of Sam Walton every time I go into Walmart. I use Walmart for little things like soap, tooth paste, shavers and things like paint, etc.
Every time I go into Walmart I get good prices on the items I purchase, but when I return home, without fail a bag is missing. Two days ago, I bought specialty soap that doesn't test on animals, and when we returned home, the soap was missing so we had to go back to Walmart yesterday and buy the soap again.
While we were there we had to purchase other items. a package of woman's shavers. Now this morning, Easter Sunday my wife needed her shavers and of course they went missing too. I think Walmart makes so much money because the Spirit of Sam Walton is around each ad every Walmart.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:07 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,986,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
It's a little strange, but I feel the spirit of Sam Walton every time I go into Walmart. I use Walmart for little things like soap, tooth paste, shavers and things like paint, etc.
Every time I go into Walmart I get good prices on the items I purchase, but when I return home, without fail a bag is missing. Two days ago, I bought specialty soap that doesn't test on animals, and when we returned home, the soap was missing so we had to go back to Walmart yesterday and buy the soap again.
While we were there we had to purchase other items. a package of woman's shavers. Now this morning, Easter Sunday my wife needed her shavers and of course they went missing too. I think Walmart makes so much money because the Spirit of Sam Walton is around each ad every Walmart.
That place resembles nothing of what Mr. Walton accomplished in his lifetime. It's a cold lifeless pit of hell... Back when he was running things, everything in there was "Made in America" and they were damn proud of it, now it's all made in China, and the stockholders couldn't be happier.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:25 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,283,360 times
I don't do Wal-Mart so I wouldn't feel Sam's presence.

Cat

Old 04-20-2014, 12:08 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
I felt Sam Walton's presence recently when I was in a Target, I'm positive it was him. What's up with that?

Old 04-20-2014, 01:41 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,811,518 times
I can.. it's overwhelming!! I mean, Sam is on every dad-gum street corner as well! Last night when I bought my marshmallow peep rabbits, they were so fresh, they were hoping out of the box!

I do remember a time where Wal-mart sold real bunnies for Easter. I think their fur might have been dyed in different places.. They didn't have a ton of them but they were there in a little pen. Mainly for kiddos.

Old 04-20-2014, 02:30 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,931,790 times
Use of the turntable method of bagging has it's good and bad points. 2-3 items depending on size may be in a single bag and is left behind unknowningly. I have left items and have some elses item in the past. They cannot afford to make the bags too heavy and lose items broken on the floor.....a cost/safety factor.

I never had these problems with paper bags that could always be reused in the home. Paper was easier to recycle then plastic. Calif is slowly starting to go back to PAPER bags.

Old 04-20-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Use of the turntable method of bagging has it's good and bad points. 2-3 items depending on size may be in a single bag and is left behind unknowningly. I have left items and have some elses item in the past. They cannot afford to make the bags too heavy and lose items broken on the floor.....a cost/safety factor.

I never had these problems with paper bags that could always be reused in the home. Paper was easier to recycle then plastic. Calif is slowly starting to go back to PAPER bags.
At the Wal-mart check-outs, they offer a material bag for a dollar. You can purchase these ( I have five) and they will last for years so there is no need for plastic or paper really, or worrying about holes in plastic bags.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:53 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
That damn floating smiley face always used to stalk me when I went to Walmart... hiding behind bargain bins or waiting patiently in the ball-box for just the right moment to jump me, give me a wedgie and steal my wallet.

Luckily they sell AR-15's (the last "made in USA" product in the whole store! ) in Utah Walmarts so I managed to "solve" the problem. Thanks ghost-Sam!... and you're welcome.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:20 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
like elvis, sam has left the building

Old 04-21-2014, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
That damn floating smiley face always used to stalk me when I went to Walmart... hiding behind bargain bins or waiting patiently in the ball-box for just the right moment to jump me, give me a wedgie and steal my wallet.

Luckily they sell AR-15's (the last "made in USA" product in the whole store! ) in Utah Walmarts so I managed to "solve" the problem. Thanks ghost-Sam!... and you're welcome.
Odd- at least 500 products made in USA in my store. BTW- those smilies ain't made for target practice, Chango!

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 04-21-2014 at 11:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal