Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 08:42 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,645,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overoceanx View Post
And our ancestors and other neighbors who lived five hundred years or a thousand years ago. It all depends on the age of your soul and enlightenment. Ignorant people or not spiritual people can remember nothing about past lives, or simply do not believe it.
Thank you. Your reply is appreciated. I agree that it's reasonable to say that anyone alive has had ancestors and other neighbors who lived 500 to 1000 years ago, for that matter, millions of years and longer ago.

So you're saying it all depends on the age of your soul and enlightenment. What determines enlightenment? And what does the age of your soul have to do with anything? How do you determine the age of a soul? What you've described is that a person must either be intelligent or spiritual and must be able to remember past lives or just believe it to be considered enlightened.
Enlightenment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
As the French say : déjà vu
Déjà vu has other explanations as well, so that's not really conclusive.
Déjà vu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
This is just a hypothesis.
And your evidence support this hypothesis (age of soul and enlightenment) is what exactly?
Hypothesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 09:16 PM

29,528 posts, read 22,718,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Good article and fascinating stuff.

An actual physiological reason why certain things are passed down from generation to generation.

I have an intense fear of spiders.

One of the first things I do when I go back home, is to look at the ceilings and corners to check for spiders. I slowly walk into the bathroom and brace myself to see if there's any spiders, as I usually find them in there (daddy long legs type).

If I see a spider I freeze, sometimes I jump back in fright if it's unexpected. I do recall being scared of spiders since I was very young. Maybe someone passed it down to me.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:54 PM

96 posts, read 105,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Thank you. Your reply is appreciated. I agree that it's reasonable to say that anyone alive has had ancestors and other neighbors who lived 500 to 1000 years ago, for that matter, millions of years and longer ago.

So you're saying it all depends on the age of your soul and enlightenment. What determines enlightenment? And what does the age of your soul have to do with anything? How do you determine the age of a soul? What you've described is that a person must either be intelligent or spiritual and must be able to remember past lives or just believe it to be considered enlightened.
Enlightenment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Déjà vu has other explanations as well, so that's not really conclusive.
Déjà vu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And your evidence support this hypothesis (age of soul and enlightenment) is what exactly?
Hypothesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is just speculation. I take more information in dreams. You dream sometimes nightmares? Or just good dreams?

sometimes I think the day or night and come different thoughts

Old 06-30-2014, 06:30 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,645,288 times
Quote:
This is just speculation. I take more information in dreams. You dream sometimes nightmares? Or just good dreams?

sometimes I think the day or night and come different thoughts
Thank you. I understand. Dreams can seem quite vivid. However, I'm inclined to think that most of what we dream are fragments, bits and pieces, of memory from our everyday learning and experiences. Sometimes they seem to make sense, even if when we think about it, they don't always make sense. Don't get me wrong, that's not to underestimate dreaming. Dreams serve a purpose. I agree, there are things we can learn from them. We all have a variety of dreams, some good, some not so good. Still, I'd put the question back to you. Do you take in information when you're awake? Let me give an example. It's possible to dream that you can put you hand in the flame of a hot fire for hours, days, weeks, etc. (sometimes time doesn't have any meaning in dreams), with no harm to you. In fact, the fire might seem comfortable or cool in a dream. But would you be likely to put you hand into a hot fire like that when you're awake?

Old 07-01-2014, 05:06 PM

96 posts, read 105,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Thank you. I understand. Dreams can seem quite vivid. However, I'm inclined to think that most of what we dream are fragments, bits and pieces, of memory from our everyday learning and experiences. Sometimes they seem to make sense, even if when we think about it, they don't always make sense. Don't get me wrong, that's not to underestimate dreaming. Dreams serve a purpose. I agree, there are things we can learn from them. We all have a variety of dreams, some good, some not so good. Still, I'd put the question back to you. Do you take in information when you're awake? Let me give an example. It's possible to dream that you can put you hand in the flame of a hot fire for hours, days, weeks, etc. (sometimes time doesn't have any meaning in dreams), with no harm to you. In fact, the fire might seem comfortable or cool in a dream. But would you be likely to put you hand into a hot fire like that when you're awake?

Yes.

I'm working on a new technique, tracking yourself in the future.

And you know, there is a result, I understand that I will not last forever, I'm not old, but when you can come physical death.

How will I behave when I'm 70 years old?

I'm working on myself, writing, creating websites, doing techniques, active travel in dreams running in parallel in the world, now I'm in a dream met a beautiful woman. I can not find her in real life?

it avoids the hassles

Now imagine that you are a hero in a computer game, and that would see their mistakes, you need to look at yourself on the other side

I seriously wondered what am I doing wrong? How to become successful and happy and rich man?

Now I'm studying English, and you kind of know what I mean.

Thank you.

Remember that we do not have a lot of time and value your time,

I track myself for a few days in advance, and in the years and decades ahead.

I still want to create a group for joint astral flight in a dream.

So what else? My day begins with a little exercise on the bar and a bit of yoga. ))

: В порядке:

Old 07-02-2014, 08:57 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,180,746 times
If you take a baby duck and raise it away from other adult ducks; it still has the fear of hawks. Actually any high flying large bird gets it's attention. Ducks will turn their heads and stair at these potential predators with one eye. So; how did it learn this fear other than genetics?

As far as remembering past lives: We still have to learn how genetics plays a roll in passing down fears. Perhaps some day we will learn how this process works?

Old 07-02-2014, 09:37 AM

12,111 posts, read 23,318,667 times
Fascinating article.

Old 07-06-2014, 09:30 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,621,774 times
I've read that fear of insects and rodents are an evolutionary survival mechanism from our early days-- we learned to avoid these critters, who either sting/bite or carry diseases.

What I've always wondered about was my intense phobia of seaweed/water vegetation. Ever since I was a small child I've been terrified of it. If I'm swimming and some is nearby, the fear has been paralyzing. I've been making steps in overcoming it...but I still think of the nightmares where my room fades to dark, weedy water and my bed in a rock that I'm stranded on. I've always figured it had something to do with a past life. Maybe I drowned that way.

Old 07-06-2014, 03:01 PM

29,528 posts, read 22,718,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
I've read that fear of insects and rodents are an evolutionary survival mechanism from our early days-- we learned to avoid these critters, who either sting/bite or carry diseases.

What I've always wondered about was my intense phobia of seaweed/water vegetation. Ever since I was a small child I've been terrified of it. If I'm swimming and some is nearby, the fear has been paralyzing. I've been making steps in overcoming it...but I still think of the nightmares where my room fades to dark, weedy water and my bed in a rock that I'm stranded on. I've always figured it had something to do with a past life. Maybe I drowned that way.
I have a fear of deep water/sea/ocean, and I'd also freak out if I was alone on the beach and stuck in a mass of seaweed.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:21 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,456,545 times
My mother was deathly afraid of escalators. I once made the mistake of forcing her on one going up. She behaved like a total idiot and I very much regretted insisting on it. I had to forcibly hold her up because she bowed her spine back until she couldn't maintain balance. It was hard to believe she was so fearful. I think she though she was a goner. I don't think escalators were around when our ancestors were here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal