Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in UFO's?
Yes 102 76.69%
No 31 23.31%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 05:34 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,146,755 times

Advertisements

Technically, yes. Do I believe they've actually made their way all the here? No, I don't. The times and distances involved would be almost unimaginable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2014, 06:55 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,274,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valsteele View Post
Yes but I'm not sure if they are aliens.

BTW doesn't it seem like interest in UFOs and aliens has declined compared to the 90s?
I'm not sure interest in the subject has declined, I have no way of gauging that, but it does seem that the reporting of sightings has been suppressed greatly. A local news station might report a sighting, but that report will never go national or make it onto the wire services. Fortunately we now have the internet, and the information gets out online.

Now whether any of that information is valid is quite another question. The whole UFO topic is so completely flooded with misinformation and hoaxes that it's impossible to sort through it all and arrive at any useful information. This is not an accident.

There are many who really do believe that ET is here and living among us. Well, I don't know that. I've never met or even seen an ET, so while it's possible I have nothing in the way of evidence or experience for it. It's possible that the craft I saw on several occasions where being operated by ET's, but they didn't land, get out, and say hi, so I cannot conclude that.

So I'm left with the experiences of seeing flying craft unlike anything I know we have, with capabilities and operating envelopes far beyond conventional aircraft, and no explanation of them.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:24 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,274,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
Technically, yes. Do I believe they've actually made their way all the here? No, I don't. The times and distances involved would be almost unimaginable.
Yes, that's true, for OUR TECHNOLOGY.

We don't know everything.

Old 08-22-2014, 08:33 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Of course, everyone believes in UFO's, how can you not? Stress the word "UNIDENTIFIED" in unidentified flying objects. I believe that there are objects that fly that are unidentified. I can look out of the sky any time during day or night and see an object in the sky that I cannot immediately identify.

You should change the title of this thread to read "Do you believe UFO's are of alien origin".

Old 08-22-2014, 10:10 AM

869 posts, read 1,125,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valsteele View Post

BTW doesn't it seem like interest in UFOs and aliens has declined compared to the 90s?
And yet with most everyone toting a smartphone we should be inundated with friends and family insisting on showing us their last flying saucer snapshot ???

Old 08-22-2014, 01:55 PM

214 posts, read 230,805 times
I believe this:

1--People of course have seen objects in the sky which they could not identify. Hence the meaning of the "U" in UFO.

2--The vast, vast majority of these sightings were natural and explainable: atmospheric conditions; meteors; or regular commercial, private, or government aircraft. OR, they were just plain hoaxes in which the persons reporting them were knowingly fabricating the event so as to garner attention. (BTW: the ufo in the OP was a bolide meteor. Sightings of those are rife in Canada).

3--The Universe is most likely teeming with life. When you consider the trillions upon trillions of planets out there, if even one out of a billion were in what cosmologists call "the Goldilocks Zone"--in reality they surmise the likely percentage is much higher-- and were conducive to harboring life, we would be left with hundreds of millions of likely alien civilizations.

4--But the distances! The closest star to us, besides our own Sun of course, is the binary Alpha Centauri system, and that is over four light-years away. So if we are being visited by ET's than they would most likely have mastered a propulsion technique beyond anything we can imagine at present. Their technique may even surpass that of mere "propulsion"-- They might know how to "fold" space time. If WE were to undertake the tripe to Alpha C. right now with our current technology the trip would take 9,000 years!

5--In view of the above statement, I think we as a species would hold little interest to an ET race. The technological knowledge gap between them and us would be the rough equivalent of the gap between you and your cat. So....if they were coming over here they most likely are doing so because they want our planet. This would not bode well for us.

6--In all my years of watching alleged UFO videos & pictures (I'm an avid space buff) the ONLY one that has piqued my interest and made me actually believe it was a possible alien craft, was the Phoenix Lights.

Last edited by Hombre_Corriendo; 08-22-2014 at 02:15 PM..

Old 08-22-2014, 02:41 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
Swamp gas from a weather balloon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqlFiTOi6QQ

Old 08-23-2014, 03:57 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,824,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
Yes, that was Miguel Alcubierre, and he worked out how to manipulate space-time and cross vast distances, light years, in no time at all. You would not be going faster than light, technically, you would be moving space-time around you by means of your own gravitational field. We do not as yet have the means to manipulate gravity, (that you and I know of) but it's just a matter of time. The math checks out.
I kinda have an idea for a gravity drive that could probably do that. One of my few ideas that go beyond the scope of engines and transmissions, so I can't literally jot down how it works, but i had the idea for a gravity drive system that can be used to launch the ship, instead of blowing whatever fuel it runs on with a near full thrust to launch, able to move the ship in three dimensions for evasive actions, plus creating artificial gravity.

Old 09-05-2014, 09:10 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,371 times
http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/ndxevent.html

There are hundreds of sightings being reported in the US every month. For people who dismiss this, how can you discredit the testimony of so many people? What is your reason then?

Old 09-05-2014, 12:03 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times
i believe 100% in secret space programs and suppressed information regarding
the development and use of anti-gravity spacecraft and orbit-based surveillance,
but I do not believe in extraterrestrial spacecraft visiting this earth at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal