Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 01:22 AM

2,277 posts, read 2,655,095 times

Advertisements

I think you are mistaking a dream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 01:33 AM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
I am not a scientist so to me it is a theory. If you want to be picky then go ahead and call it a hypothesis. :-)

Discovering "truth" is generally about someone paying enough to do proper testing and there are some things which no-one wants to fund. There are other things which I think are actively discouraged.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:51 PM

504 posts, read 801,241 times
I have memories of Eric the midget aka Eric the actor dying. Can someone confirm or deny please?

Old 10-08-2015, 06:11 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,944,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I am not a scientist so to me it is a theory. If you want to be picky then go ahead and call it a hypothesis. :-)
If you have access to the internet you have access to resources like dictionary.com and wikipedia where you can look up the definition of words. It has nothing to do with being a scientist, it has to do with being intellectually curious enough to actually look up the commonly understood meaning of the words you're using.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:30 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,187,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
I think you are mistaking a dream.
I thought that could be it. I've had few dreams that I wasn't sure were a dream or reality later when utilizing the memory. But note - these are plausible events, mundane to celebrity deaths.

That and I can just plain 'ole mistaken. Or assumed wrongly. Or that I heard xyz died but didnt. I never assumed it was a real memory that was false. Interesting take on it.

I hate those innocuous future dreams though. I get that eerie deju vu each time it happens in reality. Then I think Ive lived my whole life already on the eternal timeline so what is the point to actually contemplating real life decisions? Eveything has already been decided and done.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:34 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
In the days before the internet and 24 hours news, my husband twice told people a celebrity was dead...and, they were, but it hadn't been announced.

He felt for a while that he killed Jack Benny and Groucho Marx. He needed to take into account the time difference.

Old 10-09-2015, 04:32 PM

504 posts, read 801,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMan_72 View Post
I have memories of Eric the midget aka Eric the actor dying. Can someone confirm or deny please?
Anyone???

Old 10-09-2015, 04:37 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,680,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaell View Post
I have a lot of memories about celebrities who I clearly remember dying but later appeared alive again. I could swear they had died.

One of my strongest memories is about Billy Graham's death a few years ago. I have watched his funeral on tv and they were making a big deal of his death. I remember a lot of celebrities attending the funeral, and even president Obama and his wife. I even watched his son and widow on Larry King, talking about how much they missed him. Then, just recently I found out he was still alive and I almost passed out from shock.

I also remember Mandela dying in prison, as there was a whole chapter in my history book about Mandela execution and I vividly remember this day in class where the teacher talked about Mandela's death.

I have a lot of other memories about celebrities dying "before".

Is it a conspiracy? Are we switching between parallel universes? What is it?

Anyone else had similiar experiences?

There have been several threads on this subject here on C-D and other threads, along the lines of celebs we thought had died earlier but died later, or we thought were dead but are actually alive.

But I do find the Nelson Mandela part very bizarre. He was famously freed from prison in 1990 and later became president of South Africa! How on Earth did you think Mandela had died in prison? Again not trying to pick on you, but of all the suggestions I've heard yours regarding Mandela is very strange.

But I totally agree on the Billy Graham part, that I can understand.

Old 10-09-2015, 04:38 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,680,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Can only speak for myself, I didn't switch to any parallel universe that involved Graham dying or Mandela dying in prison.

I think we've had a thread on this before. I posted there that I "remembered" actor Bob Hoskins dying from a heart attack many years before his actual death a few months ago. I wish I could run down what caused me to think he had earlier died.

I remember your thread actually.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:20 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,306,326 times
While not 100% related to the topic, here is my strange celebrity death occurrence that I posted on my strange coincidences thread earlier this year. Still baffled by it.

Great stories everyone thanks for sharing. I almost forgot about this crazy coincidence.
I am eating for the first time ever at a truck stop gas station restaurant outside of Fox, Alaska. Basically the middle of nowhere for any reasonable sane person, hole in the wall, not a destination type place.... Anyways I am at the table and hanging in front of me on the wall is a picture of this cowboy looking music dude, I keep noticing. He evidently ate at this establishment and signed a picture for them? Anyways I was sitting right in front of it all night. He looked somewhat familiar maybe but I couldn't make out the name or face and didn't know who he was, never have seen him before. This was January 1st 2015 late at night Alaska time....
The morning of January 2nd I check the news on my phone. On my news front page is this guys picture. The same exact photo from the restaurant. He had just died of cardiac arrest, that morning. Little Jimmy Dickens from the grand ole opry the story read. I don't listen to country, especially grand ole opry but for some reason this picture kept catching my eye as it was right in front of me. It was late at night in Alaska so I wonder if it was around the same exact time he was dying eastern time? It was also weird because this "restaurant" is a truck stop in BFE alaska and his was literally the only picture on the wall. It wasn't like a sports bar in NYC where everyone's picture was on the wall. Just his. Strange.

This is the exact same photo on both wall and in news story. Thought it was strange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal